Diablo® III

PTR is too long - it's not a big patch please end it

and release the patch already.

Who will play PTR 2-3 weeks in a row?!?!
Reply Quote
I think they are hold off till the anniversary. I read some data mining info from diablofans and it looks like they will add bonus mf/gf for anniversary, and I am going to guess the new patch will be released at the same time. Just a guess.
Reply Quote
I think they are holding off since mob density is still horrible in act 4, which is actually even worse to farm on the ptr now than live because of the exp nerf to the shadow dudes. That, and there are still tons of horribly broken skills that need fixing, such as meteor. 50 arcane power for damage equal to a basic free ability? Lol no
Reply Quote
That would mean we'll be waiting 2 more weeks for no reason other than some dinky bonus to magic find that will probably only last 1 day anyways.

Anyways, I've been saying for a long time that these PTR sessions go on for way too long. I've never played a non-MMO that requires 2 months of developing a relatively small patch, then 1 month of testing the patch which should have been tested during those 2 months of development in the first place, and by the time it finally arrives we're only half-happy/half-bitter because it took so long and changed so little.
Reply Quote
That would mean we'll be waiting 2 more weeks for no reason other than some dinky bonus to magic find that will probably only last 1 day anyways.

Anyways, I've been saying for a long time that these PTR sessions go on for way too long. I've never played a non-MMO that requires 2 months of developing a relatively small patch, then 1 month of testing the patch which should have been tested during those 2 months of development in the first place, and by the time it finally arrives we're only half-happy/half-bitter because it took so long and changed so little.

This sums up my feelings exactly.
With an big exp buff in each previous patch it makes me feel playing the current version of the game a waste of time.
Reply Quote
Like there is a reason why we couldn't get some of the patch ahead of time? Give us ID all for crying out loud do you ever think about how many people that would please? but naw you guys can just wait cause we're Blizz and we do whatever the hell we want. The arrogance is just staggering
Reply Quote
if they rushed the current patch into live phase, it would be completely fail. This whole patch is about mob density, which at current state its still not good. So why would you want them to rush it so we all go back to act 3 farming?

I have no idea what they're doing but the current PTR isn't in any good shape regrading mob density. Its like they're aware of the problem, have ways to fix it but hold back. Its PTR make crazy/bad ideas we don't care, its PTR, we want to test them and give you feedback.

let them increase mob density more, i would hate to go back to act 3 after all this nonsense.
Reply Quote
Yes, I agree. This is ridiculous to have this PTR going on this long. I think its been almost a month now. This patch isn't even that important, the itemization patch is what will hopefully fix the game. At this rate thought, we won't see that patch until September. Why even blog about it. it just pisses off more people talking about things and not fixing them perm. This is like giving a someone a birthday present 2 months after their birthday. WTF?
Reply Quote
I agree, it is taking way to long for this patch. I was hoping that with the maintenance this morning that the new patch was live today, but no luck. To me, this is a major patch because as the game sits now, it is not worthwhile to farm any act but act 3 as you will not get the drops or experience in other acts due to the mob density. I really would like to play other acts, but not until the patch, and I am too bored to continue on with Act 3 as I know every corner of every place in that act. Oh well, hopefully it will come soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]