Diablo® III

Vile ward or BoA shoulders?

Help me decide pls
Reply Quote
BOA. Shouldn't take long to craft shoulders that outpace all but the best vile wards.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 11:27 AMPosted by dinklefess
BOA. Shouldn't take long to craft shoulders that outpace all but the best vile wards.

mmmm
need more armor though.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/30/2013 11:15 AMPosted by xLostsoulsx
Help me decide pls

Best rolled BoA will outclass the best rolled VW, however, VW's have gone down in price and you can get an excellent one just incase the the RNG gods piss on your parade.

Also AR, Armor and LpS accompanied by DPS stats are hard to come by via BoA....need a godly roll.

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 4/30/2013 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 11:37 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
Help me decide pls

Best rolled BoA will outclass the best rolled VW, however, VW's have gone down in price and you can get an excellent one just incase the the RNG gods piss on your parade.

Also AR, Armor and LpS accompanied by DPS stats are hard to come by via BoA....need a godly roll.

Cheers,
CC-

thanks!
Reply Quote
I've been using Vile Wards since the beginning because they were/are the best.

Current pair:

649 Armor
228 Dex
89 Vit
74 AR
52 Poison Resist

Last night I decided to start crafting again to see what I could roll. On my third pair (yeah third!! Very lucky!) I rolled:

Stock 353 Armor
305 Dex
89 Vit
77 AR
48 Poison Resist
58 Int (net 5 AR)

Although I lost a bit of armor, I gained about 7K dmg via Dex, everything else remaining about the same. I'd definitely recommend crafting pieces... even if you spend millions on a good pair, it's going to be way cheaper than buying it on the AH and you'll get more for your $$.
Reply Quote
crafting.... your might get a great roll. remember STR acts as armor.... look at my shoulders... they were my 8th pair or so and far out perform the double resist vile wards
Reply Quote
That's a great roll jynx. 160 vit is nice on top of everything else.
Reply Quote
thanks... I like them a lot
Reply Quote
Definitely the BoA items.

Rolled mine last week, and was pretty happy!

617 Armor
268 Dex
96 Vit
36 Arcane Res
77 All Res
+264 Armor
7 yards to pickup radius

Take that Vile Ward....

Keep on rolling!
Reply Quote
vile wards wish they could be my shoulders
Reply Quote
Damn....I always thought that double res vile wards would be hard to beat.... looks like i've been wasting time and money trying to craft a better amulet when I should have focused on shoulders first!
Reply Quote
uhm.. for Monks,

i believed +life is relatively a better choice than +armor. (correct me if im wrong, im not that experienced with monk)

so crafted a shoulder with that aim in mind,

and got what im wearing:

Armor : 353 (base)
+100 Str
+296 Dex
+75 Vit
+54 Poison resist
+64 All Resist
+12%Life

well, since we have Seize the initative Passive, armor can be buffed from there. so get +life..

Cheers.
Reply Quote
wow. thanks everyone for their opinion. Looks like BoA still beat vile ward.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Take a look at my crafted shoulders. Spent not much to craft them and i rolled over 600 armor, 294dex, 147vit and over 70 AR. For a fraction of what viles that roll this good would cost.
Reply Quote
Mine were so close to being amazing, need to keep rolling for some AR.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 01:03 PMPosted by jynxedmonkey
crafting.... your might get a great roll. remember STR acts as armor.... look at my shoulders... they were my 8th pair or so and far out perform the double resist vile wards

Frak me, those are very nice BoA shoulders...8th roll congrats, I've rolled close to 150 with no such luck...
Reply Quote
Buy a decent pair of Vile Wards, and use your DE to craft better gloves, bracers, and ammy first.

Then after you have some wild !@# gloves, bracers, and ammy start working on getting a better set of shoulders...

The cost of a good set of vile wards is peanuts compared to a good set of those other 3.

Like it will probably take 100 shoulder rolls to get a set that's definitely better than a 30m set of vile wards, while in 100 rolls you can probably get an amulet that is better than a 300m gold amulet.

So again, buy the viles and spend your DE's elsewhere until you get badass gloves/amulet/bracers before replacing the wards.
Reply Quote
Crafted ones are only better if you don't value the high life regen on the vile wards. Regen can be very strong in pvp if stacked with high res/armor. Then that would free up an attribute for life% or single res stack. Also would take an insane roll to beat the best viles, as crafted shoulders can roll u to 330 dex.
Reply Quote
Done heaps of shoulder crafts and occasionally get 2 greens but nothing to beat my vile ward as yet. Then again they cost me around 500 mill so can do an awful lot of crafts for that kind of money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]