Diablo® III

Demonhunter Hero Description is not accurate

Neophyte hunters are trained merely by surviving in the demon-infested wastes of the Dreadlands. Practiced in the subtle arts of knife and crossbow, the demon hunter learns how to dodge monstrous blows with acrobatic skill -- and return them with sharp-bladed fury. These delicate weapons require masterful finesse, but they allow demon hunters to bring death to their targets with surgical precision.

1. Where is our knife, and what skills can we use with melee weapons besides chakaram/grenade.
2. Monks have higher dodge chance than we do, since they have the mantra and can spam it.
3. We crawl like snails in higher MPs compared to Wizard, barbarian, monk and wizards.
4. our eDPS is horrid and making one buff to rapid fire is not going to help.
Reply Quote
I totally agree with this. As a long-time PC RPG fan, I've always liked the ranger class and before the game release, it seemed to me that the Demon Hunter was the closest thing to a ranger analogue -- we even have animal companions in the same manner that rangers do. That's why I chose this class to begin with.

It'd be interesting if, at some point (maybe the expansion), instead of adding new classes (or maybe besides adding new classes) Blizzard gave some thought to adding different play styles for the existing classes. It never made sense to me that Demon Hunters, with their high dexterity, are unable to dual-wield one-handed blades like Drizzt of Forgotten Realms fame -- isn't it harder to dual wield hand crossbows and aim and fire them in quick succession?

I mean, I'd understand if Demon Hunters can't dual wield an Echoing Fury and an Arreat Axe at once but two short swords or scimitars seems reasonable.

It's even funnier when you consider that the Enchantress can wield a Skorn.

Besides, the way the game's built now, DH can tank like melee classes, so why not give them the ability to fight with melee weapons and be effective with them. I really don't see why we can't switch weapons in a fight (a hotkey for this'd be great without having to resort to software that'd potentially result in a ban).

Doesn't it make sense for a DH to vault into a pack of beasts, whirl and slice them up and vault out -- just like Drizzt does in the Forgotten Realms books? Instead, the guys doing the whirling and slicing and dicing are the old guys who are built like oxes.

Seriously, it is annoying and is counter to the way the barbarians typically behave -- they may be the most powerful class using a certain play-style but I will never level a barb because their look is so damn un-cool. Can you imagine Drizzt's dead companion Wulfgar whirling like a blender? Of course not, he's supposed to be out there smashing things.

[Incidentally: anyone who points out that Conan is a barb forgets that Conan is a barb because of where is his from, not because of the his 'character class,' which Robert E. Howard essentially defined as being a rogue. Read the new Conan comic book written by Brian Wood for a more accurate depiction.]

This goes back to the general complaint that there is too much pigeonholing of the classes even though the way the mechanics have evolved, because of gloom or whatever, have resulted in a lof Demon Hunters basically firing their Manticores point blank.

Not to beat a dead horse but this is what happens when you get rid of things like Skill Trees -- we could've chosen to be a dual-wield ranger/DH with high EHP or a ranged archer-type with low EHP or even a hybrid of both with mid-level EHP. Instead, we're all using a narrow range of skills and are now just as tanky as the guys who are supposed to be tanks.
Edited by Eisenhorn#6230 on 4/30/2013 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I totally agree with this. As a long-time PC RPG fan, I've always liked the ranger class and before the game release, it seemed to me that the Demon Hunter was the closest thing to a ranger analogue -- we even have animal companions in the same manner that rangers do. That's why I chose this class to begin with.

It'd be interesting if, at some point (maybe the expansion), instead of adding new classes (or maybe besides adding new classes) Blizzard gave some thought to adding different play styles for the existing classes. It never made sense to me that Demon Hunters, with their high dexterity, are unable to dual-wield one-handed blades like Drizzt of Forgotten Realms fame -- isn't it harder to dual wield hand crossbows and aim and fire them in quick succession?

I mean, I'd understand if Demon Hunters can't dual wield an Echoing Fury and an Arreat Axe at once but two short swords or scimitars seems reasonable.

It's even funnier when you consider that the Enchantress can wield a Skorn.

Besides, the way the game's built now, DH can tank like melee classes, so why not give them the ability to fight with melee weapons and be effective with them. I really don't see why we can't switch weapons in a fight (a hotkey for this'd be great without having to resort to software that'd potentially result in a ban).

Doesn't it make sense for a DH to vault into a pack of beasts, whirl and slice them up and vault out -- just like Drizzt does in the Forgotten Realms books? Instead, the guys doing the whirling and slicing and dicing are the old guys who are built like oxes.

Seriously, it is annoying and is counter to the way the barbarians typically behave -- they may be the most powerful class using a certain play-style but I will never level a barb because their look is so damn un-cool. Can you imagine Drizzt's dead companion Wulfgar whirling like a blender? Of course not, he's supposed to be out there smashing things.

[Incidentally: anyone who points out that Conan is a barb forgets that Conan is a barb because of where is his from, not because of the his 'character class,' which Robert E. Howard essentially defined as being a rogue. Read the new Conan comic book written by Brian Wood for a more accurate depiction.]

This goes back to the general complaint that there is too much pigeonholing of the classes even though the way the mechanics have evolved, because of gloom or whatever, have resulted in a lof Demon Hunters basically firing their Manticores point blank.

Not to beat a dead horse but this is what happens when you get rid of things like Skill Trees -- we could've chosen to be a dual-wield ranger/DH with high EHP or a ranged archer-type with low EHP or even a hybrid of both with mid-level EHP. Instead, we're all using a narrow range of skills and are now just as tanky as the guys who are supposed to be tanks.

even a throw barbarian can farm more efficiently
+(
Reply Quote
View profile
One of my biggest disappointments in this game is that I couldn't play a dual dagger-wielding assassin type hero.

Would've been awesome if the demon hunter could be played both as ranged AND melee with the skills to support either playstyle.
Reply Quote
agree with you , could be nice wield dual daggers ;)
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Michael
1. Where is our knife, and what skills can we use with melee weapons besides chakaram/grenade.

Aside from those: Impale, Fan of Knives, Sentry, Companion, Caltrops, Spike Trap to name a few. Also in 1.0.8 the tooltips are being updated to specifically state which skills are "Bow required".
Edited by Iria#1342 on 5/2/2013 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
We should get a dagger bonus to at least -15 on Impale, be able to dual wield them, and half cooldown or removal of cooldown to 5 discipline spender on Fan of Knives. And the other attacks should convert themselves to melee format. Like when we use bola, you stab and then it explodes.
Reply Quote
i agree also with this one. In the description itself "Practiced in the subtle arts of knife and crossbow". DH should have option to choose which one to specialize:
  • its either dw melee (knife+1h sword or 2x knives - new passive skill escrima bonus %damage on all knife skill (3 attack cycle: attack speed & CD bonus;
  • its either 1h xBow - no change
  • its either DW 1h xBow - separate bonus on archery passive (3 attack cycle: attack speed & CC bonus & have chance to stagger/stun opponent
  • its either DW 1h xBow & Knife - new passive skill escrima bonus %damage on all knife skill which is really interesting (3 attack cycle: default attack is range, once the opponent/mob come closer your DH will engage 2 melee-hit bonus & 1 range-25%chance to tumble)
  • its either 2h Bow - no change
  • its either 2h xBow - no change
  • As you can see, in our current situation... DH requires Bow or Xbow to use MOST of the skills which is really not good to see. i hope devs can see this one.

Cheers,
    IKrow
    Reply Quote
    I would like a more knife oriented build too.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]