Diablo® III

My RF Bombardment Solo Farming Build

First of all I want to say this thread isn't aim to show RF could change any DH issues, purpose of this thread this to show my build I came up with on PTR1.08. As an alternative option for new viable builds

Alot of people complain about RF aren't viable especially in solo play. I've been experimenting on various combination of builds since 1.08 release on PTR. Here is my result for RF bombardment solo farming build I currently use on PTR.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WckXgh!aeX!ZccZYZ

"wait wait.... what's TotH doing here?" one might question, but this passive play major role fore solo farming build. One might say it's a key for solo farming, without TotH you'll pretty much find hitting with Bombardment a hard job to do. TotH roots mobs every 7 secs combined with AOE of Bombardment it's become a good immobilezed hatred spender.(of cause this work well or even better with other RF rune too) Now you don't have to kite much and can aim at ranged.

Besides all those pros, TotH aren't great against most elites or bosses as you'll end up face tank those by the way.

Last things I want to mention is SS. This is vital skill if you want to stand still and shoot like Rambo. When fighting eliets, face tanking chanelling RF, you have to bear in mind you are taking risk of dying at anytime, so prepare to pop your SS when things gone wrong or even kite a bit
(It's based on your own expirence when to stand and keep chanelling or when to move out of the scene)

here is my video MP10 Farming (a bit harder for me as I usually play on MP7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZwAOaJwTiY&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
Hey cool build...I use a similar build except I use high velocity instead of bombardment.

In 1.08. Bombardment will definitely be higher DPS due to AOE but I might stick with High Velocity as I find bombardment very difficult to aim.

You farm the keep and from your video you make use of doorways etc. In a slightly more open area you might find it harder to use bombardment.

TotH seems very effective in your video. I don't know if its because its snapshotting when you start to channel.

You point about SS is very true. I use vault but you are correct that you are at risk a lot in this build and hence need some sort of mobility get me out of here ability. I am not a SS fan and vault works fine.

Otherwise its a very reward play style I think. Not as boring as spike traps which everyone is doing.

Standing still is not as bad as people think. I find that with Gloom (for health) and Mortal enemy (for hatred regen) I can often just stand and channel Rambo style (even with my low gear). Arcane sentries or vortex which breaks the channel is the bane of this build...but that's what SS and vault is for.

Cool video. Keep them coming.
Reply Quote
I wished they could buff Cluster Arrows too.
Reply Quote
Fire Support with Ballistics is probably the highest DPS ability we will have in 1.08.
Reply Quote
Hey cool build...I use a similar build except I use high velocity instead of bombardment.

In 1.08. Bombardment will definitely be higher DPS due to AOE but I might stick with High Velocity as I find bombardment very difficult to aim.

You farm the keep and from your video you make use of doorways etc. In a slightly more open area you might find it harder to use bombardment.

TotH seems very effective in your video. I don't know if its because its snapshotting when you start to channel.

You point about SS is very true. I use vault but you are correct that you are at risk a lot in this build and hence need some sort of mobility get me out of here ability. I am not a SS fan and vault works fine.

Otherwise its a very reward play style I think. Not as boring as spike traps which everyone is doing.

Standing still is not as bad as people think. I find that with Gloom (for health) and Mortal enemy (for hatred regen) I can often just stand and channel Rambo style (even with my low gear). Arcane sentries or vortex which breaks the channel is the bane of this build...but that's what SS and vault is for.

Cool video. Keep them coming.

I agree Bombardment is quite hard to aim on wide open area, but still I find it's more efficient than High velocity on overall farming.

Vault is a good escape and CC break skill. If I could have another slot I would take it, but I prefer
SS over Vault because it doesn't interrupt chanelling = no another initial hatred cost.
Reply Quote
I came up with a working 1.07 High Velocity build. So much hatred Regen and Discipline recovery:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UcgkRh!YXe!ZYabYZ

You can swap it for Bombardment and keep everything else the same if you like.

I used this to farm MP7 solo with no deaths. No problem affixes.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 5/2/2013 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Vault is a good escape and CC break skill. If I could have another slot I would take it, but I prefer SS over Vault because it doesn't interrupt chanelling = no another initial hatred cost.

Um. You have a point. I'll try out SS and see how I go. I am getting a lot of utility from ToC, half the time when I use it I am surrounded or trapped in a corner and the fire damage is nice...maybe I try choking gas instead of the old boring lingering fog.

I came up with a working 1.07 High Velocity build. So much hatred Regen and Discipline recovery:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UcgkRh!YXe!ZYabYZ

Rapid fire is so hatred intensive. I find it really hard to keep channelling whilst using a build which also uses sentries. Otherwise as you are standing still guardian will def be very cool...or spitfire turret for those using fire support.

From my perspective I would rather save the 30 hatred for one sentry and channel for 5 seconds longer...but that's just me.

All in all I am very excited about Rapid Fire. To be honest it is exactly the sort of skill that Blizzard should be buffing. A DPS skill which requires the DH to stand still forces the player to make a trade off. The fact that is also a channel ability also makes passives like ToTH viable which again is cool.

What blizzard should do is nerf the DPS/CC skills with no obvious trade offs as the environment cannot challenge them, WW barbs, CM wizs etc. It actually makes the game boring for barbs, wizs and now monks. Blizzard need to introduce some sort of weakness in those builds so that they are not as effective.

Buffing rapid fire in my view is the way to go. If for the sake of the argument, they make ele arrow do 400% dmg, then everyone will basically stand there and spam BLs which will actually make the game even more boring.
Reply Quote
You're aware of how Chain of Torment works with Mortal Enemy, right? You get massive Hatred Regen from it if it ticks on a marked enemy.

Yes and Spitfire Turret with Fire Support and Ballistics is very impressive on PTR.

You won't need so much Hatred Regen in 1.08 to maintain a RF channel, just 6 for every 1 APS you have. Base Hatred Regen is 4/sec. So if you are @ 2.0 APS, in addition to 4/sec Base, you need: Bat (3/sec), Night Bane (3/sec) or Mortal Enemy (3 per hit), Quiver (at least 1/sec) and Cloak (at least 1/sec). Templar also gives 1/sec with Inspire. I would recommend using a Manticore with RF, because if you use a Calamity or Windforce, the Hatred Regen on those weapons does not keep up with their greatly increased attack speed, meaning you are most likely locked into using Mortal Enemy because it keeps pace with APS better than the other Hatred generators.

You can even go Prep Punishment and Suppression Fire without a Hatred generator in 1.08 but it you are using Nightstalker you best be using Cluster Grenades.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 5/2/2013 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I 've tried RF with rare Xbow. It's eDPS is higher than Calamity, but here are the things
first I prefer Bombardment for farming because it's provide AOE damage,
second Bombardment have delay time before it's land. I find slow ASP(1.51 with my Xbow) downgrade my survivability due to slow hitting projectile of Bombardment. With high APS like Calamity, making quick respond. It's like 0.5 sec before it's landed, but for my Xbow it's like 1sec+ before it hit anything and it's even harder to hit fast mobs or elites, but this is not the case with other RF rune beside Bombardment. My xbow works best with Fire Support + Ballistic my rocket cri like over 600k each very great for single target DPS.
Reply Quote
I think it's good to pair Fire Support with Cluster Grenades so you get a wide AOE when you need it and you can focus down smaller packs with RF when you need it. Bola works too but Cluster Grenades is much better for procs and covers a wider area.
Edited by DoctorDoom#1357 on 5/2/2013 8:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]