Diablo® III

Which is better for me, [1h]Mighty, Sword, or Dagger?

Hi all,
I'm a barb, and i played HoTA a lot on regular run. I'd like to ask for advice which weapon is best for me right now LET SAY. I've got Might Weapon, Sword and Dagger with equal dps and stats. Should i go for speed. or dps per strike? The pro and con . and so on.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
I see, thanks for the link, I've better understanding now. d3rawr provide damage per hit that i needed.
Maybe which i could say here. If i use Mighty Weapon, i will hit harder per turn but slower. Considering all 3 weapon's dps is the same. But the final amount of damage in 10 seconds that i delivered will be the same. I guess.

And if i hit faster, then i will benefit from skill which like fury generation and stun.
Reply Quote
Hota usually is better for slow heavy 2-H, since the base weapon damage is definitely higher than fast weapon when both are compared with same Damage per second(dps).

2-H skorn, 1 attack/second, 1.4k weapon dps, deals 1.4k per second per attack.
1-H dagger, 1.5 attack/second, 1.4k weapon dps, deals 933.33333~~ per second.
(dagger dont roll tell 1.4k)

Hota has critical chance bonus and high damage, around 300% weapon damage.
So higher base damage, with high critical damage, will give u tremendous amount of damage compared to similar weapon damage in both hand and total critical damage.

DW can have 110% more critical damage than 2-H, but since you need to have
equally high base damage on both weapons,
more gem,
and 2-H base is usually higher,
slow Hota animation,
more Fury consumption,
2-H usually is the preferred weapon.

Skorn(Axe) or mace is better to have addition 10% critical chance from weapon mastery(passive).
Skorn is very common, Mace on the other hand, slower(higher damage) but are very rare.

Use mighty weapon, if you don't want to use Weapon mastery. Since mighty weapon is class exclusive, it will be cheaper.
Reply Quote
I did like the damages done by Skorn, but slower animation makes me think that it dealt less damage in total.

2-H skorn, 1 attack/second, 1.4k weapon dps, deals 1.4k per second per attack.
1-H dagger, 1.5 attack/second, 1.4k weapon dps, deals 933.33333~~ per second.
(dagger dont roll tell 1.4k)

Is this correct? Or 1.4k weapon "dps", so it already takes 1.5 attack/second into account.
Reply Quote
the +.25aps from your EF will give a slower weapon a higher increase in attack speed(%wise); a mace or spear would work best
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]