Diablo® III

Custom resolution

Hi guys,

I'm trying to play Diablo on my TV instead of my display but when I open it, it looks weird. This because the resolution of the TV is not on the list so I was wondering if there was a way to change this. I found a solution for PC: Adding the resolution to the d3prefs.txt but once I open the game it changes it to the minimun resolution. Any ideas on how to make stay?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Nightstalk, try the following steps to give you the ability to use an external display/TV with Diablo 3:

Open the Terminal and enter the following line, followed by the Enter key:

defaults write com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault 1

Once entered Diablo 3 can use your current desktop resolution as if it were the native resolution. In order for this to work, you must first set your desktop resolution to whatever you want Diablo 3 to run at, and then launch Diablo 3.

To revert your preference file, issue the following command in Terminal:

defaults delete com.blizzard.diablo3 DesktopModeIsDefault

You should make a backup of this file before attempting this, just in case. The file is located here:

~/Library/Preferences/com.blizzard.diablo3.plist

You can open the ~/Library folder by holding down Option while clicking the Go menu in the Finder on 10.7 or later.

This will allow you to use a specific resolution since D3 will be forced to use your current desktop resolution when it launches.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 4/28/2013 10:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
what is a terminal and how do i open it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello Leon1982,

the Terminal is the cmd under WIndows. Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/Terminal

Best regards,
Nezan
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
This is the Mac forum Nezan. ;)

Leon, Terminal is in your /Applications/Utilities/ folder. Run it and follow the directions above. Once done you then set your desktop resolution to the one you want Diablo 3 to use and can then launch Diablo 3 using that specific resolution.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 7/2/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]