Diablo® III

how much life steal is manageable for you..

i'm running with 2.7% right now.. uppd my clear times, have to micro a lil more but honestly i don't see a reason to go past what i'm running now.

anyone else only run roughly 3% lifesteal?
Reply Quote
View profile
i like 2 slots since I can facetank and spam hota without having to reposition. Where and what you farm will also dictate your LS requirements.

There was a guy posting mp10 ubers and vota with zero LS, but he was using warcry and superstition. Lots of options depending on playstyle.
Reply Quote
ah nice.. yea i usually run bloodthirst but honestly, i'd rather have the extra tDPS vs elites.. if brawler is proc'd that gives me 2.69m tdps to 3.2m tdps vs elites, thats alotta extra dmg. that extra dmg also helps my now smaller lifesteal number fill my globe up fast without much repositioning.

glad to see people have toyed around with less than two slots. also now happy to be over 3m tdps to elites :P
Reply Quote
My gear isn't amazing, but its decent and allows me to farm MP7 with ease, I almost never die. I run 5.9% life steal. Belt + Bloodthirst.

If I found a really good Witching Hour, I might switch out my IK belt and lose 2.9% life steal. But a minor boost in DPS is not worth it right now.
Reply Quote
I run with 2.8% and never die on MP8. I do run a rend build though, and I can run on MP10 without dying but I only have around 200k DPS so it's not very efficient yet.
Reply Quote
yea im rockin 2.7 in mp10 and its not even a prob in mp10 vota w/ proper micro
have to position a bit but its like playing my wiz tbh. has the same feel at least (loh cm vs low ls barb in vota)
Reply Quote
I am gonna try switching out Bloodthirst for Berserker Rage tonight if I do ubers.
Reply Quote
you should be fine.. i havent tried it on ubers yet but i think it should be okay.
Reply Quote
I might need to use rare pants instead though for the extra eHP.
Reply Quote
Same as Phat, Iam at 6% right now(passive and belt), face taking anything at MP10, no problemo.

I've tried 3% with WH, but i need to kite sometimes.
Reply Quote
I think the big factor with this Damage. Obviously the more damage you're doing the more you're healing. With my current damage I do quick Key Farms and Ubers on MP 8 and only run Bloodthirst. I have not done the math but from just general observation 200k+ with 500 AR and 50k + HP can get away with higher monster powers with just one source of LS.
Reply Quote
@lameboi do you use ww to get out of trouble? With 2.7% ls and no rend, I imagine it would be difficult to survive in some of the nastier elite crap, at least it would be for me. Having recently dropped the maneuverability of dt/ww for the damage of hota, I find myself depending on rend to stay alive.
Reply Quote
i rock DTWW/HOTA hybrid.. so i have the best of both worlds. if i need to escape trouble, sprint/WW.. i have a wind up tho which goes like this..

sprint (or just bash if no fury)
bash x3
sprint
WW a round of nados
bash x1
HOTA for 8 seconds
bashx1
sprint
WW a round of nado
bashx1
HOTA

thats how i play vs elites.
Reply Quote
You should try using Op:Ks instead of bash.
Reply Quote
i've used it.. tbh i don't like it when theres only 1 mob left. i prefer to have a fury generator. love it in big packs.. prob swap to op:ks for good in 1.08.. for now tho.. sticking with bash ^_^
Reply Quote
View profile
I run 2 slots of LS. When I had lower tdps (about 1m tdps vs 2m tdps now) I ran 3 slots of LS just so I could faceroll and not pay attention.

I find that with 2m tdps, 640 AR/6300 armor and 50k life 6% LS is enough to faceroll. I have to pay attention if I do skele/mags on MP10 but that's about it.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 02:09 PMPosted by lameboi
i rock DTWW/HOTA hybrid.. so i have the best of both worlds. if i need to escape trouble, sprint/WW.. i have a wind up tho which goes like this..

Fury generators are for the weak...

;P
Reply Quote
5.9%

i dont see myself using less. i dont like to kite.
Reply Quote
I have 3% on my belt and I farm MP10 K2 trash with only that. If I am going to kill elites I switch Rend to Lacerate and switch Brawler for Bloodthirst. I also run Rend:Bloodlust along with Superstition sometimes as well. 3% is usually enough for most circumstances.
Reply Quote
I just experimented with Berserker Rage instead of Blood Thirst, and I could for the most part manage, but reflect damage and or high damage packs were giving me huge amounts of trouble.
Edited by Darkinsanity#1468 on 4/30/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]