Diablo® III

how much life steal is manageable for you..

04/30/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Pri
i rock DTWW/HOTA hybrid.. so i have the best of both worlds. if i need to escape trouble, sprint/WW.. i have a wind up tho which goes like this..

Fury generators are for the weak...

;P

not on that level yet pri :P gimmi some time sir

04/30/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Darkinsanity
I just experimented with Berserker Rage instead of Blood Thirst, and I could for the most part manage, but reflect damage and or high damage packs were giving me huge amounts of trouble.

yea reflect +plague or reflect+molten+chains (just had that) is a pain. cant just face tank have to micro n watch where i swing/stand. not difficult but if im in lazy mode i could see myself dieing to it heh.

if i had a 3% sword that'd prob be better but theres other upgrades to make first..

tbh ive used zerk and brawler now and im not dramatically impressed with either one.
perhaps if i find a hota SOJ but its gotta be cold.
Reply Quote
View profile
Problem with being forced to reposition is more dps downtime. More you can facetank the more dps you deliver. And along the same lines is the longer you can facetank with mobs all around you, the more brawler uptime you get. Both these 2 things means much higher dps uptime...
Reply Quote
i got 5.7% LS on my skorn and that's enough, especially when using Rend Bloodlust.
Reply Quote
yeah. only mobs that give anyone who short lifesteal a problem are reflect + plague/molten/chains.. other than that... it's prob worth it tbh over the long haul of farming. shrug. dunno more testing necessary or just get LS on my EF :P but whats better.. LS on EF or CD/BT hmm
so many decisions
Reply Quote
K I just tried doing ubers with just LS on Belt + the little LoH I have on Unity + Weapon. For the most part it seemed ok until I got to SB which just dominated me. Rend just barely keeps my hp from dropping from his reflect.
Reply Quote
View profile
5% on gear should be good enough for barb and be safe against health link + RD + Elemental/High DMG mobs. You don't want to use Bludthirst as it gimps you.

I have 5.7% on gear and I can heal like a champ on SB despite having a low average DMG weapons. Berzerker Rage lets me "super charge" my Rend as I usually Rend at max fury which is pretty helpful.
Edited by LegitBeastin#1971 on 4/30/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I was using only 2.9% LS and farming mp10 keeps 2 with no difficulty I did a few VOTA runs also with few problems. I found the more I did it though that there were a few packs that gave me difficulty. I switched my superstition passive for bloodthirst for an additional 3% LS and now I am back on face tanking everything mode. I think given the right gear and play style it is completely doable at one slot of LS but it is just incredibly easier with 2 slots.
Reply Quote
yeah. i agree with ya noc.

imo

8% unity instead of CD
+ really good rare / BT pants (like the ones on my wiz)
would make everything much more tolerable with just one lifesteal slot

TBH tho
using bloodthirst with my setup or OPKS setup in place of bash w/ DTWWHOTA hybrid doesnt really gimp you too much because your fury is ALWAYS fluctuating if you're playing right.
Reply Quote
View profile
04/30/2013 05:22 PMPosted by lameboi
using bloodthirst with my setup or OPKS setup in place of bash w/ DTWWHOTA hybrid doesnt really gimp you too much

It sorta does actually.

You're always at max fury when hammering more than one target or one target + elemental(Which is 90% of the time in Keeps2). When you dump fury on sprint you are at max fury; the entire sprint does 25% more DMG if you initiate the sprint at max fury. Bloodthirst was fine like 3 months ago but now that HoTA is so popular and so good w/ Berzerker Rage you're passing up 25% more DMG. Try a run w/ Berzerker and feel the difference w/ your HoTA.
Reply Quote
you need atlease 5-6% life steal specially for elite w/ reflect damage and health link or you will end up kiting white mobs for life regen.
Reply Quote
yeah.. tbh reflect packs in groups (cm runnin bone chill+bubble) is ROUGH with just 2.7%.. so bloodthirst it is for now ;)
Edited by lameboi#1117 on 4/30/2013 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Using Rend w/ the LS rune can supplant Bloodthirst pretty well.

This build serve's single LS geared people pretty well.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#chQRPU!XZY!ZZZYcZ
Reply Quote
^ the famous legendary farming build white mobs only can do 3% life steal and rend ravage/lacerate
Reply Quote
5.8% on gear and would never consider less.

Despite what people claim, you do have to kite when using only 1 slot of LS, there is no way around that. I kites enough on my DH, not going to do it on a barb.

Also, being tied to bloodthirst as a passive is a terrible idea for Edps.
Reply Quote
View profile
5.8% on gear and would never consider less.

Despite what people claim, you do have to kite when using only 1 slot of LS, there is no way around that. I kites enough on my DH, not going to do it on a barb.

Also, being tied to bloodthirst as a passive is a terrible idea for Edps.

There was a guy posting vids doing mp10 vota and ubers with zero LS. He had 1k LOH and used superstition and warcry. I wouldn't choose to go this route since you gimp you dps by not using all offensive skills, but it's viable.
Reply Quote
There ya go showing your narrow mind again. You must play the way I do or you fail.

ROFL
Reply Quote
ive been trying out running 1 slot of lifesteal on mp10 vota runs and it works just fine. nice to have a tradeoff where u have to play a little more carefully but can do more damage and have faster clear times by changing bloodthirst to brawler or zerker rage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]