Diablo® III

For the love of god help DHs out...this is pathetic

Seriously, you buffed rapid fire?? what about the plethora of other great skills but piss poor damage?

Example, wave of light, 829% damage now, cost a crap ton of spirit but no cooldown though but nonetheless very viable build now

cluster arrow cost a crap ton of hatred, spammable like WoL but laughable damage at 225% haha.

rapid fire will now be used for newbie DHs and very low MP farming... but the only endgame is high MP farming at the moment and no chance in hell is rapid fire viable for high MPs.

Buff cluster arrow like you did with WoL. give us more options for Christ sake. pretty much every DH right now farming in the higher MPs is spike trap + sentry and nothing else. Nothing else is remotely viable. Every class has multiple viable high MP farming builds but DH gets the bottom of the barrel when it comes to buffing skills.
Reply Quote
they don't care
Reply Quote
04/28/2013 02:06 PMPosted by squeezebag
they don't care

=(
but why lol

dont they care that 10 million copies sold and only a few 100k play it at most world wide
Reply Quote
i totally agree.

i've this in my other thread, dh can have equal amount or greater dps compared to other classes and still not be able to farm higher mp levels at same rate as other classes. it suppose to be DPS class, not some tank build class.

How about the many abilities this class has but they're all useless because how poorly they scale. how about all the silly runes those abilities have that add nothing to the gameplay, and scale poorly.

they must buff this class pimrary and secondary abilities AND passives+runes; basically everything.
I shouldn't be able to transfer my gear to my monk, do better dps on him with same gear..
Reply Quote
Seriously enough is enough. The DH is for the most part fine. All the skills are very good. The only thing I'd do is reduce the hatred cost cluster arrow.

The DH's get:

Passives:
-Steady Aim (20%) + cull the weak (15%) + Archery (15%) so hit a slowed target at 20+ yards with a bow for 50% more dps. Which other class has 50% more non crit based damage in passives? That is huge.

- Shadow power for life leech
- Gloom for more defence
- Smoke screen for no damage at all
- Caltrops and entangling shot for slow
- Mark of death for 12% more damage. Add this to all the passives above and that's 62% more dps. That's crazy huge.
- Pets that do crazy cool things
- Preparation to instantly refill your resource (no other class gets insta resource refill I think)
- Perfectionist passive for 10% more life, armour and AR
- etc etc

And after all this you still think the DH is weak? You must be dreaming. All of this make the DH rather good indeed and quite viable.
Reply Quote
If 1.0.8 hits after next week's maintenance say hello to at least 2-4 months of no change to the DHs until the next patch...

P.S. I allmost replyed to theeighthark. The funniest thing he said was "Pets that do crazy cool things" and I died laughing thinking about the ferret so that's why I did not reply.
Reply Quote
Seriously enough is enough. The DH is for the most part fine. All the skills are very good. The only thing I'd do is reduce the hatred cost cluster arrow.

The DH's get:

Passives:
-Steady Aim (20%) + cull the weak (15%) + Archery (15%) so hit a slowed target at 20+ yards with a bow for 50% more dps. Which other class has 50% more non crit based damage in passives? That is huge.

- Gloom for more defence
- Mark of death for 12% more damage. Add this to all the passives above and that's 62% more dps. That's crazy huge.
- Preparation to instantly refill your resource (no other class gets insta resource refill I think)
- etc etc

And after all this you still think the DH is weak? You must be dreaming. All of this make the DH rather good indeed and quite viable.

I never said DH weren't viable. I farm MP10 fine but its a drag without 1bill gear. Look at how efficiently other classes can farm MP10 compared to DH and they require much less expensive gear. why? because they can do more eDPS than DH.

you said 62% more dps... lol your on crack if you think DHs consistently get 62% more dps haha.
for one, no DH uses steady aim in the high MPs. mobs are always in your face.

Majority of DHs have 1 free passive to use ( nightstalker(unless you have good legacy nats gear) + archery are pretty much required).

The scenarios you listed are completely unrealistic, unless you want to talk about low MP farming.

Now DHs are quite amazing when it comes to low MP farming but im paragon 100, I have no reason to farm in the low MPs lol. I want to have fun and see loot rain from the skies in high MP.

but it pisses me off that other classes can farm it so much faster than mine, and with cheaper gear.

what pisses me off even more is that there are simply fixes to DH that can get them on par or closer to the farming speed that all the other classes are capable of but blizzard is completely incompetent.
Reply Quote
SkiTz please don't feed this troll http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/the8thark-1241/
Reply Quote

The DH's get:

Passives:

- Gloom for more defence
- etc etc

no offense but you have no clue what you're saying at all. everything you wrote sounds only amazing on paper but when applied into gameplay its simply not enough to compete with other classes.

demon hunter class scales extremely poorly, and he's not an effective class compared to other classes. Their is reason why top end players roll barb, wizard and most recently monks. Why should they bother with demon hunter who can have even more dps but farm at slower rate.

as I said before I should not be able to do more dps with same gear if I give it to my monk.
the class requires buff across all his abilities, badly.
Reply Quote
@SkiTz

You make some very good points. It seems you want every class to have the exact same high MP farming speed. This is not an unreasonable request. I'd even accept that too. But I don't see Blizzard balancing high MP to make this possible. I believe this issue is as much as high MP being unbalanced as it is with class balance issues.

High MP won't ever rain good gear. But each class should have a good chance at MP 10 with the right gear. I am aware that AH prices make different classes coast different amounts to gear for MP10. And that this is a factor of the AH prices and not really class balance.

I have to say you're one of the few people on these forums with realistic expectations for DH's. And not just "plz plz buff DH's tons cause they are bad". Thank you for understanding.

So for your want to exist of all classes being equally as good at farming in high MP's I think would need the following things:
1. high MP to be reworked so it favours ranged classes equally as well to melee
2. better class balance. Not the same numbers for all classes, but the same effectiveness for each class.
3. Better itemisation. And hopefully this would stabalise AH prices across the different classes so each class costs roughly the same amount to gear up for a high MP.
Reply Quote
@SkiTz

You make some very good points. It seems you want every class to have the exact same high MP farming speed. This is not an unreasonable request. I'd even accept that too. But I don't see Blizzard balancing high MP to make this possible. I believe this issue is as much as high MP being unbalanced as it is with class balance issues.

High MP won't ever rain good gear. But each class should have a good chance at MP 10 with the right gear. I am aware that AH prices make different classes coast different amounts to gear for MP10. And that this is a factor of the AH prices and not really class balance.

I have to say you're one of the few people on these forums with realistic expectations for DH's. And not just "plz plz buff DH's tons cause they are bad". Thank you for understanding.

So for your want to exist of all classes being equally as good at farming in high MP's I think would need the following things:
1. high MP to be reworked so it favours ranged classes equally as well to melee
2. better class balance. Not the same numbers for all classes, but the same effectiveness for each class.
3. Better itemisation. And hopefully this would stabalise AH prices across the different classes so each class costs roughly the same amount to gear up for a high MP.

For someone that uses a sword and shield on his DH you sure know a lot about this game.
Reply Quote
balancing monster power is damn near impossible. you have to go face tank if you want to survive and do good dps. thats perfectly fine. You can't make it possible for range classes to stay at a range (>10-20yards) to do effective dps in high mp. and thats fine, most ppl are OK with it. Its high MP afterall, you can't just pew pew at a distance(unless you got 2bill gear or have a freeze wiz with your)

But a monk taking down a MP10 elite pack 3 times faster than a DH is pretty lame. I'm in no way shape or form asking for blizzard to bring monks back down to our slow killing speed, I just want to DH to be bumped up to other classes killing speed

I can survive just fine in MP10 no complaints on surviving the mobs/elite packs here, but I just want to be able to do better eDPS in high MPs compared to my comrades.

and the reason i'm focusing on high MPs is because well, that's the only endgame left for a lot of me and my friends lol.

Brawling is just something to do for fun/kill time.
Ubers are pointless once you get a somewhat decent ring and 100 paragon.
Low MP farming is so dull and boring. doesn't grab my attention really.

unless blizzard finally introduces a true endgame, high MP farming is what majority of players are going to base their class balancing issues around.
Reply Quote

The DH's get:

Passives:

- Gloom for more defence
- etc etc

Barbarians. Heck, a passive 10% crit is almost a 50% damage increase all by itself, not to mention the CONSIDERABLE bonus it gives to utility through other skills.

Now go ahead and list all your non-passives that buff damage in any way shape or form.
Reply Quote
i kinda agrred that most of DH skill should be buff

im playing a 30k dps barb on HC currently and i do similar damage with ground slam (240% damage/15 rage(infinite with 2-3 mob)) then my 94k dps SC DH

and ground slam is a 45 yard attack skill that can be spam alors forever
Reply Quote
Roll monk or barb like I did (PL99 DH), Blizz doesn't care about demon hunters right now :(
Reply Quote
the cost of building high end demon hunter, costs so much yet the end result is pretty low compared to other classes. Its much cheaper and easier to build an another class with lesser gear which can do far more damage, makes no sense.

I seriously hope they start buffing this class, its such waste of class currently. Everyone re-rolling to another classes for a reason. Those that picked the class should not be punished for it. Its DPS class, and actually should be DPS class that can compete with other classes.
Reply Quote
What does it take for a blue or dev to actually give players feedback.

This entire d3 community is doing their fair share on PTR testing yet the devs/CM apathy for PTR feedback is completely visible.
Reply Quote
It is disheartening, especially after all the community feedback, suggestions and otherwise to see the DH go completely untouched and unmentioned after a buff to RF and the movement of the massive thread from general to our forums (where, again, it has gone untouched).

I can't really afford the gear needed to become viable in higher levels because I want to play the game and not flip on the AH. I don't bot or dupe and I can't seem to sell any legendaries (or anything else really due to all the undercutting - that combined with terrible, terrible luck) on the AH to generate enough profit to keep up with the rest of the pack on gear. I have been seriously tempted to bot so I can keep up, because I feel like I'm crazily behind everyone else.

I don't know. I feel hopeless and abandoned. I started to push into the higher levels of paragon but at this point it's pretty slow and unenjoyable. If I do join a group I can't hit things as hard or as fast as everyone else. Some of my most powerful skills take 2 seconds before they start to tick or hit, so if I'm in a group with a monk or a barb the enemy is dead before I do anything.

I guess that's my /shrug, rant and two cents worth of useless and unconstructive post on the forums. Blizzard; please, a few buffs? Even an acknowledgement that you're working on DHs would be greatly appreciated, and if not that then an acknowledgement that DHs are fine where they are, so I can just move on?

/plea. :(
Reply Quote
It is disheartening, especially after all the community feedback, suggestions and otherwise to see the DH go completely untouched and unmentioned after a buff to RF and the movement of the massive thread from general to our forums (where, again, it has gone untouched).

I can't really afford the gear needed to become viable in higher levels because I want to play the game and not flip on the AH. I don't bot or dupe and I can't seem to sell any legendaries (or anything else really due to all the undercutting - that combined with terrible, terrible luck) on the AH to generate enough profit to keep up with the rest of the pack on gear. I have been seriously tempted to bot so I can keep up, because I feel like I'm crazily behind everyone else.

I don't know. I feel hopeless and abandoned. I started to push into the higher levels of paragon but at this point it's pretty slow and unenjoyable. If I do join a group I can't hit things as hard or as fast as everyone else. Some of my most powerful skills take 2 seconds before they start to tick or hit, so if I'm in a group with a monk or a barb the enemy is dead before I do anything.

I guess that's my /shrug, rant and two cents worth of useless and unconstructive post on the forums. Blizzard; please, a few buffs? Even an acknowledgement that you're working on DHs would be greatly appreciated, and if not that then an acknowledgement that DHs are fine where they are, so I can just move on?

/plea. :(

I feel your pain, keep grinding at it though, all you need is one decent drop and you can buy some solid gear.

Judging by your gear, there are a lot of areas you can improve

for starters, get a bow with a socket. WF is a fine but, useless without socket ( id go with calamity or dual socket manticore). if you want to grind at paragon levels, id recommend a strafe build. I leveled to p100 quite easily with that build. It works wonders on MP0/1. Add me if you want, I can help you out a bit
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]