Diablo® III

For the love of god help DHs out...this is pathetic

I appreciate it, Skitz. I do have a dual socket manticore that I use for farming mp1/2; and I've been eyeballing picking up a WF with a socket as I know there is a massive gain out of it, however I'm pretty well broke as I keep trying different gear selections and builds. I've never enjoyed the slow speed of the manticore, so WF or calamity would be my next choice purchases.

My largest problem is that I would like to breach the slow pace of the higher MPs. Right now my gear caps around 200k. Which obviously is pretty poor for MP7+. To cite my prior post, I feel like in order to really improve my gear to the point of 9/10, I need several (100+) million gold to make any noticeable impact on my performance.

I can't say I'm an excel kind of guy, so the best I have in making judgement calls on gear is exploring high-end DH profiles and attempting to piece together what they have. The largest thing that has really put me in the hole was going after upgrading all my sockets. Obviously that's still a WIP. Any suggestions beyond that would be vastly appreciated, Skitz :)
Reply Quote
tornado can crit
turrets...
pets...
Reply Quote
tornado can crit
turrets...
pets...

I personally love turrets but i can understand why they don't crit. it would be pretty OP but hell, every class has OP skills except DH ><

we had cinder trails..next patch nerfed on some bs "it was a bug" excuse.

The only thing thats working for me efficiently is hatred regen M4D rune + 3 chain sentry and spike trap build with stun bola/RoV on high MPs(MP10 mostly i farm). takes about 45seconds to 1minute to down a pack. The hatred regen is fantastic with M4D hatred rune + 6 traps does alot of DPS but its still no where near enough dps as those WoL Monks and hota barbs that down elites in under 20 secs on MP10.

Our biggest resource spender is cluster arrow and it's no where near the amount of damage that other classes biggest resource spender does.

Rapid fire will increase build choices for low mp farming. I tried it in ptr, it works wonder under MP5.
But farming MP10 effeciently is the only endgame imo(at least for high end players). As of right now at least... hopefully something else gets introduced. or its time to re roll
Reply Quote
I appreciate it, Skitz. I do have a dual socket manticore that I use for farming mp1/2; and I've been eyeballing picking up a WF with a socket as I know there is a massive gain out of it, however I'm pretty well broke as I keep trying different gear selections and builds. I've never enjoyed the slow speed of the manticore, so WF or calamity would be my next choice purchases.

My largest problem is that I would like to breach the slow pace of the higher MPs. Right now my gear caps around 200k. Which obviously is pretty poor for MP7+. To cite my prior post, I feel like in order to really improve my gear to the point of 9/10, I need several (100+) million gold to make any noticeable impact on my performance.

I can't say I'm an excel kind of guy, so the best I have in making judgement calls on gear is exploring high-end DH profiles and attempting to piece together what they have. The largest thing that has really put me in the hole was going after upgrading all my sockets. Obviously that's still a WIP. Any suggestions beyond that would be vastly appreciated, Skitz :)

I wouldn't bother with high MPs(MP8+ atleast) until you got around 250k dps(only archery) + 40-50khp + 300-400AR. Just wouldn't be effecient.

I'd start by saving up for a 300 dex / minimum 18ASP DML and i guess craft archon gloves. You could probably craft some much better gloves.
Try to get average damage(like +20-50 damage) on your jewels if you can, those are huge dps boosts. Ya gems are a pain. I used 50 dex gems for the longest time before I could afford some upgrades. After than just work your way up to higher dex versions of your gear pretty much. or higher dps weapons
Reply Quote
if you plan on doing mp8+ you would ideally would want at least 300k+ dps to do the runs more effectively. But even then it won't be enough. Many other classes able to farm mp10 with much less dps, and be more effective.

I don't know what it would take for blizzard to notice how far this class is behind others. Our pet system seems half way done, and our traps (turrets) are useless next to worthless.

Who remembers diablo 2 trap assassin build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgC2THgH18
that video doesn't completely highlights that build but its only an example. My point is our turrets aka traps? need to be more like that.

this class must be buffed to be able to compete with other classes.
Reply Quote
if you plan on doing mp8+ you would ideally would want at least 300k+ dps to do the runs more effectively. But even then it won't be enough. Many other classes able to farm mp10 with much less dps, and be more effective.

I don't know what it would take for blizzard to notice how far this class is behind others. Our pet system seems half way done, and our traps (turrets) are useless next to worthless.

Who remembers diablo 2 trap assassin build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgC2THgH18
that video doesn't completely highlights that build but its only an example. My point is our turrets aka traps? need to be more like that.

Ya i'm not sure what blizzard is waiting on. We have dozens of constructive threads on how to help DHs without breaking the balance. Yet blizzard is still acting like they are completely clueless.

They either don't care or they just have such a small team working on d3 that it's just not possible to make changes
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Krak

Give the DH a buff? Sure. But to compete with other classes? Since the DH already does compete well with other classes in PvE, that renders the 2nd part of your point moot and invalid. But I do agree a little buff that does not break the good class balance the DH already has would not go astray.
Reply Quote
The devs are trying to slowly phase out the DH class. They realized they messed up pretty bad and are hoping the majority transfer their gear and reroll monk. In patch 1.09 they have plans to get rid of the DH class from the game, so sad.
Reply Quote
i'm not sure why we have these two trolls in this thread trying to derail this thread into such nonsense but this thread among many others with same interest shouldn't be ignored. Monks suffered from this problem as well until blizzard listened to its players and started buffing them.

Demon hunter requires some serious attention from blizzard. Its way behind compared to other classes. I seriously hope blizzard starts reading more demon hunter threads, I have no idea why its being ignored like this. At least let us know something is being done, all this time and effort wasted on class and in the end being forced to reroll.
Reply Quote
Need both a damage and resource buff. You can't sustain damage long enough because we can't regen fast enough. I had a wiz that restores a full globe of AP like nothing. When dh runs out of hatred takes forever to replenish. Even with the bat and vengeance still starving for hatred on mp9-10.

Other issue is that when at full hatred our damage dealers only do 160-180 damage. So we have low skill damage and not enough resources to sustain those low damage skills.

Buff please.
Reply Quote
Did this thread get dragged out of the PTR section??? As i think i remember seeing it in there
Reply Quote
really all you can do it wait and see if they buff us.
I'm sure they are aware but its really not in their top 5 to do list....maybe not even top 10

Make other classes in the mean time, if your not happy with the DH.
Post in tianzi's thread, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569598165?page=81
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 07:32 PMPosted by ScaryGary
The devs are trying to slowly phase out the DH class. They realized they messed up pretty bad and are hoping the majority transfer their gear and reroll monk. In patch 1.09 they have plans to get rid of the DH class from the game, so sad.
Reply Quote
Seriously enough is enough. The DH is for the most part fine. All the skills are very good. The only thing I'd do is reduce the hatred cost cluster arrow.

The DH's get:

Passives:
-Steady Aim (20%) + cull the weak (15%) + Archery (15%) so hit a slowed target at 20+ yards with a bow for 50% more dps. Which other class has 50% more non crit based damage in passives? That is huge.

- Shadow power for life leech
- Gloom for more defence
- Smoke screen for no damage at all
- Caltrops and entangling shot for slow
- Mark of death for 12% more damage. Add this to all the passives above and that's 62% more dps. That's crazy huge.
- Pets that do crazy cool things
- Preparation to instantly refill your resource (no other class gets insta resource refill I think)
- Perfectionist passive for 10% more life, armour and AR
- etc etc

And after all this you still think the DH is weak? You must be dreaming. All of this make the DH rather good indeed and quite viable.

Yes lets make a build with:

SP - Gloom
SS - Lingering Fog
Caltrops - Jagged Spikes
MFD - Grim Reaper
Prep - Backup Plan
Companion - Bet
Perfectionist
Archery
Sharpshooter

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#RVhXYg!fYT!bcZZbY

There you go genius.

Your argument is invalid.
Edited by Techno#1296 on 4/30/2013 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seriously enough is enough. The DH is for the most part fine. All the skills are very good. The only thing I'd do is reduce the hatred cost cluster arrow.

The DH's get:

Passives:
-Steady Aim (20%) + cull the weak (15%) + Archery (15%) so hit a slowed target at 20+ yards with a bow for 50% more dps. Which other class has 50% more non crit based damage in passives? That is huge.

- Shadow power for life leech
- Gloom for more defence
- Smoke screen for no damage at all
- Caltrops and entangling shot for slow
- Mark of death for 12% more damage. Add this to all the passives above and that's 62% more dps. That's crazy huge.
- Pets that do crazy cool things
- Preparation to instantly refill your resource (no other class gets insta resource refill I think)
- Perfectionist passive for 10% more life, armour and AR
- etc etc

And after all this you still think the DH is weak? You must be dreaming. All of this make the DH rather good indeed and quite viable.

Sounds great but when you take the other classes and compare it isn't so great
Then when you play as a DH and realize that you can spend 500 million and get out farmed by other classes spending 40 million, well thats just down right sad.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 04:23 PMPosted by theeighthark

Give the DH a buff? Sure. But to compete with other classes? Since the DH already does compete well with other classes in PvE, that renders the 2nd part of your point moot and invalid. But I do agree a little buff that does not break the good class balance the DH already has would not go astray.

Dude, the DH doesnt compete against other classes in PVE, its as simple as that, what are you talking about? I don't like using a players armory as an example, but it really does seem you have no experience whatsoever in this game judging on your posts.

We are not asking for a free DPS buff so we can be better than other classes, we're asking for a buff that makes us on par with other classes, that's all,

I've played DH since I bought the game, and i'm not about to change class, but it is pretty sad to see countless topics on this subject, which can only mean something IS wrong cause people HAVE noticed, and not see any Dev's giving us a simple answer on the matter. A "We think DH is fine as it Is" or "We're working on improving the class balance and that included DH too" would suffice, in fact anything would be better than waiting for the amount of time we've already waited, even if we happen to stay in the same place skillwise than we are now.

What bothers me personally is not that we might not get buffed, sure, being able to do what other classes do on high Mp's would be awesome, and maybe even well deserved because of how much of a joke the class is right now when it comes to group play or farming speeds, what really bothers me is the fact there has been NO real direct answer for weeks.

I think we need an answer, straight and forward and directed to the whole DH community.
Reply Quote
100% support this!
especially if you play a HC DH, now you see further how DH is poorly designed.....
Reply Quote
Completely agree. I miss playing my DH. Cluster arrow NEEDS a buff (probably around 550%), if Impale climbed up to ~900-1000% I might actually use it, WoL is such a good skill, and it finally feels properly balanced for monks, don't know why DH can't receive the same exact kind of buffs.
Reply Quote
100% suppourt

were is the blue post on current state of DH and their poor quality
Reply Quote
Upvote. Seriously if you think a godly DH can farm even close to the same as any of the other classes at the highest level you aren't paying attention. And it isn't a matter of "balancing all the classes to farm the same" it's the fact that a ton of people put in a ton of time on their DHs and don't even come close to farming like the other classes do at the highest level.

I retired my DH and will continue to play Monk on Hardcore until something changes or my DH stays retired as a beacon of what happens when you nerf a class into the ground.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 5/1/2013 1:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]