Diablo® III

For the love of god help DHs out...this is pathetic

LOL dragged out of the pTR section and thrown into the DH forum that is on ignore from all blizzard employees. this is fantastic
Reply Quote
I will say that RF Fire Support with Ballistics is game-changing.
Reply Quote
Seriously enough is enough. The DH is for the most part fine. All the skills are very good. The only thing I'd do is reduce the hatred cost cluster arrow.

The DH's get:

Passives:
-Steady Aim (20%) + cull the weak (15%) + Archery (15%) so hit a slowed target at 20+ yards with a bow for 50% more dps. Which other class has 50% more non crit based damage in passives? That is huge.

- Shadow power for life leech
- Gloom for more defence
- Smoke screen for no damage at all
- Caltrops and entangling shot for slow
- Mark of death for 12% more damage. Add this to all the passives above and that's 62% more dps. That's crazy huge.
- Pets that do crazy cool things
- Preparation to instantly refill your resource (no other class gets insta resource refill I think)
- Perfectionist passive for 10% more life, armour and AR
- etc etc

And after all this you still think the DH is weak? You must be dreaming. All of this make the DH rather good indeed and quite viable.

You are either beyond clueless or trolling. You don't know the first thing about dh and probably don't even have one capable of high mps.

But show us a video of how you kill things on mp10 at the same speed as other classes. Or at least your d3 account.

And I'm one of the least dh negative players around here, usually I'm the one calling whiners on their bs. So if I'm telling you that you're putting a halo on a turd, you have to be pretty far off.
Edited by Josef#1907 on 5/1/2013 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@theeighthark

please post your DH profile.

what you state is not the reality of how things are in the dh world.

Statements such as yours are typical from those who go through the skill calculator and look at the various skills and try and combine them in some fashion like you did above.

there are obvious reasons I question your use of a DH with statements of "pets do crazy things". that in itself tends to make one believe you don't even use a DH in any real capacity.

I don't want balance. However there are things that are so opposite in the spectrum it isn't funny.

1> Ranged should have the fastest movement as we are designed as a kiting/ranged class. Nothing beats barbs in speed
2> We have the absolute worst damage mitigation when hit of any class out there
3> We have the worst eDPS of any class out there

One can certainly argue that the DH could compete with monks on mp0/1 for xp farming as far as "the best classes out there" for speed and kills.

that is pretty much where it ends. Barbs don't play mp0/1 because they kill too quickly they can't generate fury so they play higher MPs for this.

I always find it interesting when folks want to post without showing their true profiles and come across from an intellectual standpoint and not from a practical standpoint.

I can take my 470k dps DH on MP10 with those 3 passives of Arch/SA/Cull and the dps cannot even come close to what other classes put out with 1/2 of the dps. My 200k wiz build I use can do elite packs in 1min 5sec and it isn't that good of a wiz. my 470k dps DH build takes 3-4min with a lot of kiting. I can kill quicker if I drop dps and go more survivability and just tank. This isn't what a DH is. We aren't meant to be tanks.

I'll refrain from responding to this person again in this thread until I can see they actually really play a DH to give them credibility. Otherwise it is all "here is what the skill calc shows" and actually plays a different class.
Reply Quote
Having a blast levelling my monk.
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Josef
And I'm one of the least dh negative players around here, usually I'm the one calling whiners on their bs. So if I'm telling you that you're putting a halo on a turd, you have to be pretty far off.

Ha! ohhh Josef, ain't this the truth... You are truly the optimist. I've been as optimistic as I can be for as long as I can have held it in, but I've even since revived my WoW account after 4 years of being fallow just because I simply don't have the will to continue through the discouragement that is our class...
Reply Quote
BubbaGumb I believe this might be the profile you're looking for.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/the8thark-1241/
Reply Quote
I dont understand why everyone is saying dh arent viable for high mp farming u can inspect mine if youd like mp10 easily and did true dps check and does well over a mil dps per second yes im aware that my calam does not have a socket would add almost 35k to his dps ask me any questions that you have very good close range build i have
Reply Quote
08/06/2013 02:34 PMPosted by gmasboy
dps per second

Another necro and this one talking about "Damage per second...per second."

/faceplam
Reply Quote
its tougher for us windforce users, don't complain
Reply Quote
Lmao i rarley see any dh that actually sustain 1 mil + dmg per second because 99.9% of them have to kite all over the place where as i can sit still and actually put out dmg...facepalm...why do u think attack speed was nerfed so bad....? Because of damage per second lol lol lol
Reply Quote
Looks like you don't know many DH's xD
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 08:27 AMPosted by gmasboy
Lmao i rarley see any dh that actually sustain 1 mil + dmg per second because 99.9% of them have to kite all over the place where as i can sit still and actually put out dmg...facepalm...why do u think attack speed was nerfed so bad....? Because of damage per second lol lol lol

There's nothing wrong with your build and items..

I myself have my own variant of tankyDH.. It makes me VERY sleepy though when I play using it. That's why i

have to kite all over the place
Instead so that I won't fall asleep while playing.
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/wBQqZBZQzK8

I may do a bit over 1m eDPS, but it is indeed very sleepy when using it. :P I wish all the classes didn't revolve around gearing and holding down a button lol
Reply Quote
http://youtu.be/wBQqZBZQzK8

I may do a bit over 1m eDPS, but it is indeed very sleepy when using it. :P I wish all the classes didn't revolve around gearing and holding down a button lol

Well.. at least when you're snapswapping.. you'd press many stuff every now and then and not just spam stuff up. XD

The build the dude has is like my Build, a bit of variations only ;) That build needs too many spamming. LOL. but very little movement i think on his build.

With my CoT Build however..I have to constantly MOVE and SPAM stuff up. which is really nice XD
Reply Quote
I was just making a formal statement that alot of dhs get the misconception that paper dps is all they should go for then have to run all over the map wats the point when u cant really use the dmg put it was more pointed to saturn considering the dmg of his/her dh is impressive i just find it fun that alot of players say dhs are weak then i run mine and wreak havoc and watch barbs and monks get squshed its quite fun to me tbh
Reply Quote
I dont know many dhs they tried and failed horribly at building one that can survive mp 10 lol ;)
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 08:44 AMPosted by gmasboy
I was just making a formal statement that alot of dhs get the misconception that paper dps is all they should go for then have to run all over the map wats the point when u cant really use the dmg put it was more pointed to saturn considering the dmg of his/her dh is impressive i just find it fun that alot of players say dhs are weak then i run mine and wreak havoc and watch barbs and monks get squshed its quite fun to me tbh

Err.. That's why there's a Glass Cannon Clan.. We pretty much gear ourselves with <400 AR, <4k Armor, <1150 Vit.

With that, we can focus more on DPS and stutter stepping, wherein DPS isn't really "diminished" but are still used to it's maximum output :)

It's fun to use it too however if you're not used to it, it won't be "fun" for you. It would be a nice change of pace though :)

But..
08/07/2013 08:44 AMPosted by gmasboy
its quite fun to me tbh

As long as you feel that, that's what's important since majority somehow just plays to farm and farm and foregoes having fun >_<

08/07/2013 08:48 AMPosted by gmasboy
I dont know many dhs they tried and failed horribly at building one that can survive mp 10 lol ;)

It's been established already that DHs have no problem in surviving in MP10 if they.. A.) Have the gears for it, or B.) Have the actual SKILLS for it.

It's also established that DHs aren't as efficient in terms of farming if we'll not use the snapswap mechanic. KEY WORD is EFFICIENT.
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 8/7/2013 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Then again, I am geared and optimized (almost) for that kind of thing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]