Diablo® III

Watch Tower nerfed???

(Locked)

You guys do realize No1 plays anything but A3 right? As that is the only useful farming spot in the game. I'm getting a little bored here can you make the other acts worth it as well?
resplendent chest

Can you buff resplendent chests please? Right now there is no point to resplendent chests (even if its free loot) because it does not have better chance to drop better loot than champions but is 30 times more rare than champions, same problem with treasure goblins. Treasure goblins drop the same crap like champions but are 30 times harder to find.
Common sense says resplendent chests and treasure goblins schould have a higher chance to drop better loot than champions or elites because they are more rare but should spawn randomly (truly random) at any location on the map.
Edited by DrWildi#2188 on 5/1/2013 2:43 AM PDT
Woah, I wasn't expecting a nerf to WT, honestly, the only times I used to look for this place were back in the early days after release when I had to farm Warden/Butcher as many people used to do, and I needed to get NV stacks as soon as possible.

If there's time to nerf these trivial things I don't see the reason why, apparently, there's not enough time to revamp the itemization already and perhaps then get rid of all this unnecessary nerfing here and there as a logical consequence of loot actually being decent, on occasion, like it should've been from the beginning considering what the previous game offered in terms of interesting items and such.

But as I see it right now, they're just trying to adjust the rest of the game systems to the badly designed item system and even worse AH system the game shipped with. So yeah, as long as those two core systems remain almost untouched the rest will make no sense, hence the need to nerf stuff all the time.
04/30/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Grimiku
While there's nothing wrong with a particular farming location being good or even better than other areas, it becomes an issue when one spot starts to eclipse everything else.

Blizzard vague double-talk translator, switch on!
"There is an effective area for finding loot in a loot finding game?!'
"We will change that...."

I think this is a pretty simplistic way to view the situation, but I agree that having a favorite farming spot nerfed doesn't feel great. We get that. The alternative, though, (at least in situations like this, where that spot is way beyond the norm) is that people feel forced into playing one tiny section of the game, and that's arguably worse for the health of the game overall.

I vigorously disagree with this and G.s previous comment about WT relocation and the reasons for that measure. I truly wish he were lying, because if he spoke the truth this would indeed cast a very unfavorable light on the dev team and on the futile, unnessary worries they prefer to address whilst ignoring more pressing issues. Clearly this sort of patronizing attitude, insulting all players by inferring that they don't know what's good for them, must be the worst thing by far for the health of the game overall.
"There is an effective area for finding loot in a loot finding game?!'
"We will change that...."

I think this is a pretty simplistic way to view the situation, but I agree that having a favorite farming spot nerfed doesn't feel great. We get that. The alternative, though, (at least in situations like this, where that spot is way beyond the norm) is that people feel forced into playing one tiny section of the game, and that's arguably worse for the health of the game overall.

The correct way to address a situation like this is to make more areas just as fun.

Nearly every change 'for the betterment of the game' made by Blizzard makes it more of a gold grind AH flipping sim. You folks should really begin taking the steps to create an arpg out of D3.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 5/1/2013 7:40 AM PDT
05/01/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Otis
The correct way to address a situation like this is to make more areas just as fun.

This!

In D2, EVERY area had an extra dungeon with elites and with golden chests. The best solution to this imaginary Watchtower problem would have been to create a Watchtower bonus dungeon for every other area of D3. Yet another instance of D2 getting it right and D3 devs, allergic to anything D2, not getting it at all.
The watch tower was the only reason I ever farmed Act 1, which is sad. Hopefully the new monster density will bring the whole act closer to what this used to be like.

The other nice thing about the watch tower is that it was a short, rewarding area that sometimes spawned. Now it's exactly like every other little dungeon, which is totally unremarkable. I wish these stood out from each other more.
Edited by Zen#1902 on 5/1/2013 9:00 AM PDT
If (playershavingfun) then

nerf it.

This algorithm works for everything in D3 !
Just another example of blizzards endless crusade to make everything equally balanced and as a result, homogeneous and BORING.

Give us reasons to farm different areas for different reasons. The Watch Tower was hardly a major issue considering it's not even in Act 3. It was being run not because it was OP, but because of a larger symptom of the rest of the game: Lack of monster density. You're now correcting this, so is the nerf to The Watch Tower really needed anymore?

It's a very dangerous road for "the health of the game" when you try and make every area, every monster, and every action = to every other area, monster and action. It creates a really, really boring game.

Learn about specifically designed imbalances. They are important. Please watch some Extra Credits Youtube videos on the subject in order to familiarize yourself.

Your Welcome.
The watch tower was the only reason I ever farmed Act 1, which is sad. Hopefully the new monster density will bring the whole act closer to what this used to be like.

The other nice thing about the watch tower is that it was a short, rewarding area that sometimes spawned. Now it's exactly like every other little dungeon, which is totally unremarkable. I wish these stood out from each other more.

Yeah the "random dungeons" (as in: does it spawn in this specific location yes no?) with their mostly fixed tileset layout and floor depth are extremely boring and pointless. Most people just skip them. There should be reasons to delve into these "random" dungeons. As it is right now, it's like much of the rest of the game, sort of half assed.
People would be playing the whole damn game, clear full act runs if it was !@#$ing worth it.
People would be farming all over the place and not just 1-4 spots if we had "that" many options.

Instead of adding reasons for us to play, you remove them.

Pretty logical though, less farming spots --> Less chances of drops ---> less item saturation in the AH hence making it more useful ---> more useful AH = more money for blizz through RMAH transactions.
D3 Deleted by Bane

Sweet name BTW.

WT Deleted by Blizz

face palm!
Nerfing X to make Y more appealing is stupid logic. It doesn't matter what X or Y are, if you are doing that, you're doing it wrong. People do or use X because it is better, more fun, or more efficient, they stay away from Y because its not as good or just not good period. If you boost Y so it is at least similar to X, people might actually try it out. If you Nerf X to MAKE people go out and do Y, they hate you for it and only begrudgingly do it because now X isn't any better or is worse than what Y was to begin with.

^ So this.

And, while some players are asking for certain nerfs to thier own class or other classes on these forums, not 1 player asked for Blizz to do this to Watch Tower. Not a single one. And, other than Blizz puppet Droth, how many players came in this thread and AGREED with the logic and nerf to WT?

Blizz, restore WT nerf to the original state. It's not too late and players would see that as a plus, probabbly more so than adding moster densiity and then at the same time reducing the extra monsters drop rates and exp output.
Well, I never farmed it and had no idea it got moved either. No wonder I couldn't complete that achievement.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]