Diablo® III

Watch Tower nerfed???

(Locked)

I have never been one to come on the forums an complains but the utter contempt for fun and condescension towards the player base had really started to irk me. It boggles the mind how someone can say that the area was "too good" and people "missed out" on not doing it. It's reminiscent of the spin when talking about sockets being "annoying" for players because of the constant need to socket items. I seriously have to think long an hard about purchasing future Blizzard titles because it is they who dictates what is and is not fun. This is a game for Christ sakes let us have some fun.
Having fun would be too much of a burden on us. We even might feel forced into having fun, even when we don't want to. Thank God the Devs are watching out for us!
Instead of nerf, Blizzard should strife to make every area spawn similar to Watch Tower.

In D2lod we had floods and floods of monsters, even elites everywhere. Baal even coughs up 5 guaranteed elites packs, too bad they didn't implement something similar to D3, wouldn't it be awesome if Diablo had that ability too.
View profile
Please nerf the following areas. They are too popular and fun to farm, and us players simply won't tolerate fun in this game.
Festering Fields
Vault of Assassins
Black Canyon Mines
Keeps 2
Skycrown
Arreat Crater 2

Haha. I see what you did there.

Don't forget:
Cemetery of the Forsaken
Fields of Misery
Halls of Agony
Dalgur Oasis
Archives
Rakkis Crossing
Crystal Spire 1
there

cannot find Watch Tower since a long time....
is that being nerfed already???

The Watch Tower was changed because of how insanely good it was compared to most farming locations. It benefited from having an abnormally high Elite density, resplendent chest spawn, and was located conveniently close to a waypoint (a combination which made it an outlier in terms of efficiency as well as a go-to spot for a large number of players). While there's nothing wrong with a particular farming location being good or even better than other areas, it becomes an issue when one spot starts to eclipse everything else. We wanted to make sure players didn't feel like they had to farm that spot or else they'd be missing out, so in patch 1.0.5 we moved it from Northern Highlands to Southern Highlands with the idea that it would require spending some extra time to find it, since that was one of major reasons why the area was so OP. Initially we didn’t want to nerf the dungeon, but eventually the Elite density was toned down anyway, and the tower remains in Southern Highlands.

To answer your question, though, parts of the Watch Tower were nerfed, but the chances for it (and the merchant) to spawn have not changed. I wish you good luck in your search for the merchant, but it’ll probably take a few attempts!

there goes the d3 team telling us what is fun again lol..

I think this is a pretty simplistic way to view the situation, but I agree that having a favorite farming spot nerfed doesn't feel good. The alternative (in situations like this, where that spot is way beyond the norm) is that people feels forced into playing one tiny section of the game, and that's arguably worse for the health of the game overall.

then please explain why on earth A3 has been the only reasonable farming area since the release of this game?

this mob density patch isn't even helping it. I've tested this PTR to death and its still going to be the freaking same. A3 will still be the best area, no other place comes close to amount of mob flow like a3 and thats a fact.

Please enlighten me on that

They wont do it.

They just flip the accusation back onto the players.

Oh your mad? Thats not constructive and helps nothing.

Oh you dont think we improve them game? ooooh! look at our list of vast game changing improvements :)

Oh you point out a gaping flaw in our design? oh that simplistic...

it just goes on and on and on...........

and from what I heard this type of thing ran roughshod during the Closed Beta as well...

as if anyone worth his salt claimed that

socketing weapons, skill trees, and unforgiving character development were unwanted byproducts of the genre....give me a break...

all they did was choose what they want, and blame someone else.

oh you guys are mad about that? of during our testing it was announced that what was implemented was the preferred choice....yup....im sure it was.
The Watchtower was spawning pretty rare since the last changes there, plus you walk a while before you reach the place. I see no need in also nerfing the elite-pack density of the Watchtower, because nobody who is sane will "farm" that place, it just spawns to randomly and in this time you level better at other places.
The fun was, if you randomly found the tower, it was worth a quick run as "bonus". ^^ Now that Blizzard seems to also nerf the reason to go into the tower (elites), it's not even worth to go in anymore.

Really, Blizzard seems to need some more lessons in "gameplay fun mechanics" and "gamplay motivations". ;) Just follow your gut-feelings!
"There is an effective area for finding loot in a loot finding game?!'
"We will change that...."

I think this is a pretty simplistic way to view the situation, but I agree that having a favorite farming spot nerfed doesn't feel great. We get that. The alternative, though, (at least in situations like this, where that spot is way beyond the norm) is that people feel forced into playing one tiny section of the game, and that's arguably worse for the health of the game overall.

Well being that your changing monster density now and other areas probably will be able to compete with watch tower, maybe consider changing it back to its original spawn rate? It is rather elusive now and it was allot of fun, fun is good right?
Please Blizz restore Watch tower !!
ok this was the last straw.
Im deleting my char and selling all gold on rmah first and last time i use that place.
Also last blizz game ill ever buy cya peace out..
04/30/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Grimiku
I think this is a pretty simplistic way to view the situation, but I agree that having a favorite farming spot nerfed doesn't feel great. We get that. The alternative, though, (at least in situations like this, where that spot is way beyond the norm) is that people feel forced into playing one tiny section of the game, and that's arguably worse for the health of the game overall.

Lame excuse to change a loot grind game. The "Princess was always in another castle" but it never failed, in the end she was in "A" castle. The player had to do the same thing every time to get to her, just tried to do it faster, use warp tunnels, the developers didn't move her to the water worlds or sewers. Having a efficient farming spot would be very helpful for this game just make it accessible via the useless WP system in the game. (Do the Dev's remember what WP's are for? WP between acts all over the entire game. You could go back a replay levels in Super Mario World a game made 23 years ago so why is this possible with Diablo 2 and not 3???? FIX THIS) As far as certain spots being the go to or you are an idiot for not; who can remember running Pits? From Diablo Wiki:

"The Pit is a cave found in the Tamoe Highland. Unlike the Hole, which is all but useless, the Pit is often run by players for drops due to the high area level. An area level of 85 means that any item, short of specific drops like the Annihilus, can be dropped. Coupled with the fact that the dungeon is inhabited by relatively weak and easy Act I monsters, the place is perfect for doing MF Runs"

It was always there Outer Cloister WP and either take path to right or left rinse and repeat. Baal's thrown room always the same.... etc. Diablo 3 missed the mark on item farming altogether.

They just flip the accusation back onto the players.

Oh your mad? Thats not constructive and helps nothing.

Oh you dont think we improve them game? ooooh! look at our list of vast game changing improvements :)

Oh you point out a gaping flaw in our design? oh that simplistic...

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of seeing these comments from developers. We're mad because all of our constructive ideas were ignored. They piss on our leg and tell us it's raining.
The watch tower is still there
"There is an effective area for finding loot in a loot finding game?!'
"We will change that...."

I think this is a pretty simplistic way to view the situation... (etc)

Blizzard: I think you made a pretty simplistic -- and poorly designed -- game. Nerfing anything at this late stage tastes of desperation and a desire for quick 'fixes'.

Maybe the best buff this game could hope for is its closure. Let it die -- or release the code and let us mod your beta ourselves.

Oh, and you can keep your auction house, m'kay?
Please nerf the following areas. They are too popular and fun to farm, and us players simply won't tolerate fun in this game.
Festering Fields
Vault of Assassins
Black Canyon Mines
Keeps 2
Skycrown
Arreat Crater 2

That should pretty much be the final nail in the coffin eh?
WHAT!!!!!

players are advancing to act2 without using the rmah!! nerf it!! NERF their watch tower!!

are you kidding me??
The Watch Tower does indeed still exist. I have been trying to find the armor smith for hours today. I hope he is still there. I ran about 50 runs and in 20 there was a watch tower. Two Elites and resplendent chest, but never spawned the armor smith :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]