Diablo® III

Low & High Level Crafting Plans -> PLEASE FIX

Heyho.

I am curious why the lowlevel Plans like Cain Set and Borns have such a LOW Droprate? The same is basically true for all Legendary / Set - Blacksmith plans. I think it is because the low plans like Cains and Borns are only dropped pre-Inferno, but this is totally nonsense to me.

People manipulating prices with these plans, and selling them for XXX Millions or XX $. That can't be what these Plans are meant to be. Starting as a new player and found one of these plans through progressing and BAM!!! Instant-rich can't be the meaning of these, either. So whats the problem to buff these chances by A LOT? No one of the end game chars need these plans and some players just want to have a "complete" Blacksmith and stuff like this, but with these prices this is more than unreal. Utterly nonsense.

Now to the Highlevel-Plans
I could undestand, that Plans should be rare, because they can do GOOD stuff, but these days, what is a legendary Plan anyways? Seven Sins will always be worse than Archon Spaulders of Whatever-Stat, will cost MORE to craft, and are 402789034023 times rarer to drop than Archon Spaulders Plans. Same would be true to Wonderous Deflectors and Razorspikes of Whatever-Stat. The Craft-Sets are also terribad. So here is the same question: WHY are these things so rare, when they actually do nothing. WHY are these things so rare when when better recipes drop X times per hour?

I would appreciate feedback, and I'd like to see a buff in Blacksmith Plans, for all of the above reasons, because the current rates with these things make no sense at all.

TL, DR: Legendary / Set Blacksmith-Plan droprate should be buffed by a LOT.
Reply Quote
Even if the itemization fix for legendary items also applied to crafted legendarys, what will likely happen will be a new set of crafted plans to replace the old ones. Making the droprate for them nearly untouched.

The stats on crafted legendary items only had only the slight upgrade since 1.0.4 and had been that way to this day. Seven Sins is probably one of the worst ilvl 61 crafted compared to Vile Ward and now the Archon Spaulder that can be crafted, a rare. Seven Sins, basically depends on the upgraded random stat rolls to be any good, making the desired stats not so random. Things like main stat, vit, AR, %life a requirement for what the random rolls have to be. The problem is that the random stat roll on main stat plus the fixed stat roll will never come close to what you would need to compare a Seven Sins to a Vile Ward. That is why the Seven Sins in this case would be nothing more than a poor substitute for anything today that you can get.
Reply Quote
The stats on crafted legendary items only had only the slight upgrade since 1.0.4 and had been that way to this day. Seven Sins is probably one of the worst ilvl 61 crafted compared to Vile Ward and now the Archon Spaulder that can be crafted, a rare. Seven Sins, basically depends on the upgraded random stat rolls to be any good, making the desired stats not so random. Things like main stat, vit, AR, %life a requirement for what the random rolls have to be. The problem is that the random stat roll on main stat plus the fixed stat roll will never come close to what you would need to compare a Seven Sins to a Vile Ward. That is why the Seven Sins in this case would be nothing more than a poor substitute for anything today that you can get.

Much reasons why the plans SHOULD drop a LOT more often. It would actually help selffound players, and the competetive players with their high end gear wouldn't care about them.
Reply Quote
Hate to say it but the blacksmithing in this game is totally worthless. Just makes no sense that better plans do not exist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]