Diablo® III

The Itemization patch...

Is there any other DH out there that thinks investing a giant chunk of $$$ into any given item could backfire once this (beast of a) patch comes out?

My gear is poo (imo), and I have enough gold atm to make some pretty beneficial upgrades, but I find myself just sitting on it in anticipation from this little teaser.

----

In one hand there is the ability to farm these new items more efficiently...
--
On the other hand is what I JUST invested in could drop in value faster than a led zeppelin.

In other words, change is coming... should I anticipate it and save up, or burn what money I have?

What are all of you doing?
Reply Quote
One of the reason why I'm holding back on doing any upgrades.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8729063705#17

As hinted by Travis (link above), Blizzard has promised to look to the itemization issues, and likely they will adding a whole new array of legends and item affixes. Old items will be labelled as legacy again, but good thing is there will definitely be a PTR that will last for months, so we can at least do some preparations before the big patch comes.
Reply Quote
a lot of gear will gear will become a lot cheaper.

Some gear will go up. Like good Legacy Nats.. they hold their value and don't seem to really diminish in price

Certain "bugged" items will hold value or go up potentially as I would think they will fix the dmg ranges of the EF/Calamity/etc so it doesn't add the dmg the way it does now.

I don't see a 100% makeover of items what I see is more diversity and buffs to ilvl < 63

I don't see ilvl 63 items changing much but see the ones lower than that to potentially take advantage of new affix rolls and some of the things the DEVS have talked about.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8729063705#17

As hinted by Travis (link above), Blizzard has promised to look to the itemization issues, and likely they will adding a whole new array of legends and item affixes.

That's why I cashed out most of my Monks gear and my higher end Legacy items. Kept the Skorn, and replaced the innas pieces and nats boots with some cheap 20m pieces on my Monk (still good enough for easy MP10 farming, lol).

From the sounds of things, this itemization patch will impact current gear a LOT more than the first legendary patch.

Either that, or Travis completely misses the mark on his comment, and legendaries turn out as guaranteed brimstones as we pick the items up.

TBH I'm a bit worried that Legacy Nat's may get screwed over in the next legendary patch. I think there's a decent chance they will put in a new disc regen bonus, or allow disc regen (like 0.1-1 range) on DH specific items.
Reply Quote
They only mentioned that they are working on itemization, but they don't even have a schedule for it yet. So it's far from done, and it certainly won't be this coming 1.08. Therefore, I guess you probably don't need to worry too much for the future which could be months away, and have fun now with what you can buy.

The one thing is certain: Gold is dropping in value everyday, saving isn't going to get you much unless you invest your gold into flipping and double or even triple the amount before the patch hits.
Reply Quote

TBH I'm a bit worried that Legacy Nat's may get screwed over in the next legendary patch. I think there's a decent chance they will put in a new disc regen bonus, or allow disc regen (like 0.1-1 range) on DH specific items.

I think that too... I'm really torn..
still have a while to go though, but I'll probably end up selling my set soon

o/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]