Diablo® III

Windfoce user

Hi all,

I love using the Windforce bow, just wondering what sort of DPS I can expect to get while using one.

I have managed to get up to around 180k with out SA - 211k with.
Wondering if it is at all possible(while retaining 4 piece Nat's set) to get it up around the 250-300k mark without SA and with out dropping EHP?

Would love to hear what your thoughts.

Just to clarify - I do not want to change/use Calamity or Manticore.
Reply Quote
checkout my build....but it's almost impossible to retain all 4 nat pieces and gain 300k DPS
Reply Quote
too much ehp and discipline for a windforce user. KB is your ehp, just stack full dps and go with it.
Reply Quote
Its possible to get above 300k+ dps using wf w/o sa and using 4 piece nats.
Reply Quote
I used to love the WF, and for single player it is awesome, but it relly annoys anybody you part with other than other DH or some WD.

I have gotten to the point that I would much rather play with others, as it requires a little more coordination and skill imo. When I go play by myself I still miss the WF, which is why I stuck one on my Scoundrel.
Reply Quote
Why is having 4pc Nats so crucial? Mempo/andy are exponentially better helms.

I notice your skills don't synergize very well with WF. Use skills with higher proc rates (cinder arrow, shock collar, ball lightning, etc.).. they will knock enemies away from you and you won't have to use SP or SS nearly as often, which eliminates the need for extra disc.
Reply Quote
I'm not quite 300k unbuffed with full nats.. and my ehp is sh*t..

but its possible to be over 300k dps and full new nats with Windforce for sure. If I had better EHP rolls then ya, I could retain nice EHP too.

Drop your bracers for some new crafted ones - huge EHP potential there and much more damage.
Same with gloves. another 200 dex from that slot would be huge dps.

nat boots with ~270 dex will add like 8-10k dps over your current ones.

you need all the damage mods you can get on the nats ring.. $$ get the ehp other places like gloves and bracers.

max out that DML or ~280 dex 19%attkspd quiver and you'll be lookin really good.
Reply Quote
Why is having 4pc Nats so crucial? Mempo/andy are exponentially better helms.

I notice your skills don't synergize very well with WF. Use skills with higher proc rates (cinder arrow, shock collar, ball lightning, etc.).. they will knock enemies away from you and you won't have to use SP or SS nearly as often, which eliminates the need for extra disc.

I know that Mempo/Andy are better but in all honesty I'm not the greatest of players and find myself replying on the extra discipline the set gives me. I know I could make this up on other items but I would rather leave those slots open for better things.

I'm not quite 300k unbuffed with full nats.. and my ehp is sh*t..

but its possible to be over 300k dps and full new nats with Windforce for sure. If I had better EHP rolls then ya, I could retain nice EHP too.

Drop your bracers for some new crafted ones - huge EHP potential there and much more damage.
Same with gloves. another 200 dex from that slot would be huge dps.

nat boots with ~270 dex will add like 8-10k dps over your current ones.

you need all the damage mods you can get on the nats ring.. $$ get the ehp other places like gloves and bracers.

max out that DML or ~280 dex 19%attkspd quiver and you'll be lookin really good.

Thanks for this advise.
I will look to start crafting bracers/gloves and try my luck. I kind of thought that I was being let down/held back a bit by them.

I have also got another Nat's ring, bought it through auction but then the servers went down before I could swap it out haha.
From memory it has higher dex and vitality, 9%IAS as well as CD but no CC.

I will start shopping around from some new Nat's boots and DML.

Am I making a mistake trying to find Nat's boots with vit or all res?

My goal is to get as much DPS as possible but still retain some eHP, I don't want to be to much of a glass cannon.
Reply Quote
I love my 4 piece Natalya's bonus :(
Reply Quote
nat boots always roll all res. vit will be $$$ and you can reach 40k hp with out vit on the boots. The important part I think with the nats set pieces, you need the most dps out of them. like i said about other ehp stats, mainy other slots to get them in and you'll have decent EHP if you roll high in those slots instead of the Nats gear and it will be cheaper. So heavy dex everywhere! Vit is pretty affordable on the cloak but the majority of vit can come from gloves, bracers, shoulders. Crit chance is essential on the helm as well as near max dex. Your crit is beautiful on the helm but in the higher stages of dps, you need all the dex you can get to scale up that Windforce Thats a nice lookin' bow too :D.

that nat ring sounds great :)

An inna belt might boost you more dps too, but WH is better for the EHP rolls. Yours is a very nice dps booster tho. I chose WH because I wanted the bigger crits, faster hits for regen and the freeze. even tho I lose out on ~5-7k dps maybe? Not sure haven't compared in a while. But using high proc skills for knockback also procs freeze and fear very often so i do enjoy the crowd control too.

cheers!
Reply Quote
nat boots always roll all res. vit will be $$$ and you can reach 40k hp with out vit on the boots. The important part I think with the nats set pieces, you need the most dps out of them. like i said about other ehp stats, mainy other slots to get them in and you'll have decent EHP if you roll high in those slots instead of the Nats gear and it will be cheaper. So heavy dex everywhere! Vit is pretty affordable on the cloak but the majority of vit can come from gloves, bracers, shoulders. Crit chance is essential on the helm as well as near max dex. Your crit is beautiful on the helm but in the higher stages of dps, you need all the dex you can get to scale up that Windforce Thats a nice lookin' bow too :D.

that nat ring sounds great :)

An inna belt might boost you more dps too, but WH is better for the EHP rolls. Yours is a very nice dps booster tho. I chose WH because I wanted the bigger crits, faster hits for regen and the freeze. even tho I lose out on ~5-7k dps maybe? Not sure haven't compared in a while. But using high proc skills for knockback also procs freeze and fear very often so i do enjoy the crowd control too.

cheers!

Sounds good.
I will start shopping for high dps Nat's gear like you have suggested then start crafting bracers, gloves and shoulders for the eHP

I have tried an Inna's belt(may not have been a good one) but I love the DPS that my WH gives so will try to stick with it if I can.

Thanks RE: My bow.......still wouldn't mind trying to get one that is up in the 1390+ with open socket....sadly I don't have 2 billion to throw at one though haha.

I should and will try hungering arrow again. I only started using Bola for the AoE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]