Diablo® III

I love night bane

I'm sure if I did some forum searches I'd find that this is nothing completely new. However I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has adopted to using shadow power night bane over gloom.

Don't get me wrong. Gloom is boss for mp8+. But since my sweet spot seems to be mp7, I tried out night bane rune over gloom a couple weeks ago, It took me a couple runs to get adjusted to less face tanking and a little more caution when dealing with reflect damage packs. But after I got used to it... with my build.. I LOVE IT !!

Now I wish there were some legendary or skill that would allow shrines to last twice as long. Or maybe if there were "shrine scrolls" that had a cool down because I feel so OP with empowered shrine. With a cluster arrow cost of 30.. and while keeping "perma night bane" up.. i have a hate regen of 25/sec!! I can cast LFB nearly ever second and its a blast! (pun intended).

Anyone else out there love night bane over gloom on lower mp's?
Someday I'll have the gear to run this skill on mp8+.
Or someday Blizz will tweak/buff skills such that I can run this skill on mp8+

/end ramble
Edited by gusterfan#1140 on 4/27/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Interesting, Thanks for the heads up I'll try this.
Reply Quote
Yes I have also done this! And love it!

It is working even better with a Windforce to keep enemies off my back and is viable for mp9 for me. elites take less that 2 mins and it is more "micro" work, but I enjoy the engaging fights.

I run full new nats for the disc and an soj. Dropped prep and use ROV with the life steal of Shadowpower for 12 seconds of life leech. Elemental Arrow is my spender because its cheaper than Cluster for me and more dps/aoe. I have started to collect cost reduction gear for cluster arrow.. always been a big fan of that skill.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728182978
Reply Quote
I like it too. With 21-30 hatred LfB, Templar, bat, cloak+quiver with hatred, vengeance (and high pickup radius) and you barely need to use your hatred generator up to mp5-6.
Reply Quote
I always use it when farming with strafe. I really don't need the defense from Gloom at mp0, but I could use the hatred.
Reply Quote
I've used it before and I've tried it again in PTR with the new rapid fire, but since I'm using a calamity I find nightbane to be overkill in terms of hatred regen, I went back to gloom again and I already find myself not running out of hatred

with a manticore though it'd be another story
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cjVghY!YXe!bbZaZc

I use this, Night Bane works great for me with the way Rapid Fire works right now. Not as important next patch but still really useful, always trading discipline for hatred.
Reply Quote
I've used it before and I've tried it again in PTR with the new rapid fire, but since I'm using a calamity I find nightbane to be overkill in terms of hatred regen, I went back to gloom again and I already find myself not running out of hatred

with a manticore though it'd be another story

+1 for naming yourself after one of the best villains ever.

I was using Night Bane yesterday, if you are using Cluster Arrow that's the one to use.
Reply Quote
im curious how you hit 25/sec? whats everything you are using for this?

and does your "Details" actually say 25/sec?

thanks!
Reply Quote
It isn't that hard. The shrine is just doubling what you have. I have 13.36 Innate with Nightbane,
Bat Companion, Templar, Calamity, and Dead Man's Legacy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]