Diablo® III

PC progress transfer to ps3

(Locked)

I'm wondering if the progress you did on pc will transfer to your ps3. I'm am also wondering if people who already bought the game on pc with there battle.net account don't need to re-buy it to play it on ps3.
The ps3 version doesn't have the AH right? IDK how people would take players having stuff they actually acquired on the pc GAH/RMAH being in the ps3's world...idk though, sweet thought!
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Yeah PC version will have no connection to the PS3 version, completely new world/heros/everything. No transfers or anything, I'd be very surprised if they even have a way to link your b/net account(kinda pointless).

Here's hoping for a CE though.
Community Manager
04/29/2013 04:56 PMPosted by marcodj79
I'm wondering if the progress you did on pc will transfer to your ps3. I'm am also wondering if people who already bought the game on pc with there battle.net account don't need to re-buy it to play it on ps3.
As Narull mentioned, the PlayStation 3 and PC versions of Diablo III are entirely separate, standalone products. If you would like to play Diablo III on the PlayStation 3, you will need to purchase a console copy of the game. The characters you create on either version are also specific to the platform you created them on, and are not transferable.
Is there going to be a RMAH on the ps3 version?
Diablo III on PS3 will be played over the PlayStation Network for its online component, so that is the primary reason there is no connection between the two. One is on Blizzard's service Battle.net the other must be used on Sony's PS Network. Therefore, no transfers or any other shared information between the two versions of the game.

@cloudsalot: No GAH or RMAH and the PS3 version has offline.
Edited by Necrosis#1475 on 4/30/2013 1:11 PM PDT
04/30/2013 01:06 PMPosted by cloudsalot

No RMAH.
04/30/2013 01:06 PMPosted by cloudsalot

Of course there will be. Anything to drive up profits. What kind of world do you think we live in?
04/30/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Necrosis
Diablo III on PS3 will be played over the PlayStation Network for its online component, so that is the primary reason there is no connection between the two.

That's actually not a limitation. The PS3 will have an MMORPG that shares its servers with PC players later this year after all.

The real reason to keep them separated is probably due to the different mechanics that D3 will have on each platform (consoles players have that dodge ability, mobs won't crowd them as much as on the PC, abilities will be adjusted for console gameplay, etc, etc).
Edited by Gilthas#1277 on 4/30/2013 3:21 PM PDT
Don't have RMAH?
Don't have my battle.net chars?

PS3 version is a big crap

I don't buy it...
04/30/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
As Narull mentioned, the PlayStation 3 and PC versions of Diablo III are entirely separate, standalone products. If you would like to play Diablo III on the PlayStation 3, you will need to purchase a console copy of the game. The characters you create on either version are also specific to the platform you created them on, and are not transferable.

Just curious but would it be at all possible to maybe have a one time transfer sort of thing for the players? Like, copy your characters and such to a usb thumb drive as a ps3 save file and transfer them to your console?
90 Troll Shaman
That is the stupidest thing ever! Why would you make it so they don't transfer. So if i want to play with friends on the PS3 I have to start all over. That really makes no sense why you wouldn't link them. What a waste of time......
View profile
There isn't a RMAH or GAH in the PS3 version.
Sweet. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the PS3 version
I would assume this is a limitation of being on the PS network. That network has to be used and not Battle.net. A rule made by sony I am sure. This is probably one of the reasons the 2 versions PS and PC can't link up in any shape or form.
04/30/2013 03:15 PMPosted by Mohako
That is the stupidest thing ever! Why would you make it so they don't transfer. So if i want to play with friends on the PS3 I have to start all over. That really makes no sense why you wouldn't link them. What a waste of time......

lol wtf??

Omg!! It wouldn't make fun to start new chars with your friends, because you don't have your lvl 60 char to suck their ***. Ridiculous!
Then just don't buy it tard!

WoW sucker!
Edited by Sirportalez#1174 on 4/30/2013 5:31 PM PDT
04/30/2013 04:31 PMPosted by theeighthark
I would assume this is a limitation of being on the PS network. That network has to be used and not Battle.net. A rule made by sony I am sure. This is probably one of the reasons the 2 versions PS and PC can't link up in any shape or form.

Nope, Valve got Steam on the PS3, this was a decision by Blizzard, probably because they redesigned the game so much. If the loot is good, I might buy.
im sure some nerd will make a prog file on the internet that will allow this type of thing right under blizzards nose! dont get upset soon enough after release u will have your mods - and diablo 3 will be just as lame as ever ( MICROSOFT FTW!! )
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]