Diablo® III

PC progress transfer to ps3

(Locked)

100 Troll Shaman
I have no clue what WoW sucker means.....I play Diablo, WoW, and Starcraft. Whatever "WoW sucker" means, it doesn't instantly make my statements invalid. I'm not going to play PS3 and start all over when my friends and I already have high lvl chars on the PC. It's still a waste of time to switch between, I believe this use of the Ps3 and the Xbox(coming soon i know it) should be about making it easier to play and connect with friends. It shouldnt be about a new start and a new playing style.
04/30/2013 03:12 PMPosted by AntBriWes
As Narull mentioned, the PlayStation 3 and PC versions of Diablo III are entirely separate, standalone products. If you would like to play Diablo III on the PlayStation 3, you will need to purchase a console copy of the game. The characters you create on either version are also specific to the platform you created them on, and are not transferable.

Just curious but would it be at all possible to maybe have a one time transfer sort of thing for the players? Like, copy your characters and such to a usb thumb drive as a ps3 save file and transfer them to your console?

Sounds like a joke. If i have a ps3 and i want to play my Diablo3 on it. i have to re-buy the game and i have to start everything from zero again-.-'
05/01/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Mohako
I have no clue what WoW sucker means.....I play Diablo, WoW, and Starcraft. Whatever "WoW sucker" means, it doesn't instantly make my statements invalid. I'm not going to play PS3 and start all over when my friends and I already have high lvl chars on the PC. It's still a waste of time to switch between, I believe this use of the Ps3 and the Xbox(coming soon i know it) should be about making it easier to play and connect with friends. It shouldnt be about a new start and a new playing style.

It's about the money again. I can't understand why don't we able to play with our d3 version on diferent platforms.... Blizzard want money and blizz want to re-start the "black market" on each console xDD but playing on ps3 or console game are pointless.... you have to start again you have to buy the game again... less friends... but i still can't understand why blizzard want to sell a product on 4 platforms.... and make them WITHOUT CONNECTION.... maybe if they are making a connection between them and you can purchase an expand or something but as i said sounds like a joke...
04/30/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I'm wondering if the progress you did on pc will transfer to your ps3. I'm am also wondering if people who already bought the game on pc with there battle.net account don't need to re-buy it to play it on ps3.
As Narull mentioned, the PlayStation 3 and PC versions of Diablo III are entirely separate, standalone products. If you would like to play Diablo III on the PlayStation 3, you will need to purchase a console copy of the game. The characters you create on either version are also specific to the platform you created them on, and are not transferable.

Why?! You lost so many buyers because of this. Me including
I'm wondering if the progress you did on pc will transfer to your ps3. I'm am also wondering if people who already bought the game on pc with there battle.net account don't need to re-buy it to play it on ps3.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/1340701357517s.jpg/
Edited by Reaper#1605 on 5/5/2013 9:11 AM PDT
How often do you guys buy a PC game and then get the 360/PS3 version of the same game for free (or vice-versa)?

Complaining about not being to transfer your PC characters to the PS3 version is one thing, but expecting to get the PS3 version for free is ridiculous.
I was honestly ready to pre order and buy this game just so i can take my profile onto the console i play the most and enjoy playing with my ps3 friends and helping them out with my file. I agree with the concept of having a possibility to transfer your file but im guessing blizzard is worried about people duplicating with the transfer concept. HOWEVER, linking then would be a way way way way way way way way different story. they can EASILY link the 2 games together without a problem....... i dont know why they would keep it seperate because honestly they would have MORE consumers if they linked the 2 servers and allowed you to have your file on both. yea i understand they are different layouts etc etc it doesnt mean theirs new/different items skills etc etc its the same crap just re-layed out for the ps3.
i almost pre orderd the gme aswell till I found out I wouldn't be able to link my account ide much prefer to chill out on the couch and play ps3 on the big screen diablo but to lose all my stuff?? high price to play a lot of hours wasted..

lost a buyer in me sorry.
90 Dwarf Hunter
i have to say why even make d3 for ps3/4 if u cant take ur pc toons from there to it I find that gay like come on blizz I got my barbar to 60 for jack now like really all that work got to say this to the ppl of blizz this is the dumbest thing u guys have ever done
90 Pandaren Monk
Wasn't the cross compatibility and online requirement with cloud saves one of the reasons for the online only requirement? this seems like hypocrisy to me.
I'm not sure but I think the reason they won't let you transfer progress/toons is because the PS3 would soak up most of the pc market due to the offline mode and gear drop rates being much higher. This would ruin the pc community, or what's left of it.

And as no one actually bought a copy D3, you technically could run D3 on the ps3 for free as the OP asked. He purchased a licence to run the software that is Diablo 3 which should be valid for the PS3 version too, under law.
Who would want to buy a PS3 version if you can't play with your friends or use your charecters you spent a year gearing up.
Damnit.
We were so much looking forward to playing D3 on a real platform with a controller.
05/08/2013 01:52 AMPosted by PHYXATION
He purchased a licence to run the software that is Diablo 3 which should be valid for the PS3 version too, under law.

At least actually read the end user license agreement before posting stuff like this.
04/30/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Vaeflare

lame................
100 Night Elf Druid
I think it would make sense to make the PS3 version connected to the PC version. It wouldn't be hard to allow the Battle.net Network over the Sony Entertainment Network. Then all they have to worry about is mapping controls instead of a keyboard and mouse (still allowing for them to be used of course). It shouldn't be a big deal they'd still make money selling both versions. If they decide to make it separated then I would simply choose to buy the PS3 version instead of both. I would play both versions if my characters remained a part of their server rather than being exclusive to the console. Almost everyone in my family has a separate WoW account (8 of us) and some of us would buy another for PS3 (for example) if our accounts were attached. If we had to start over then forget about getting the PS3 version. The same would apply for D3. 4 of us are interested in D3, that would be 4 x 2 (PC and PS3 copies of D3) for our family. I can understand wanting to make the PS3 version have an offline mode, but all they need to do is make offline seperated from online (still allowing PS3 and PC connectivity). That way I can play my character while my wife is hers on the PC or PS3 together or separately.
Right now I am holding out for the PS3 version, just in case they are separate. For now I will wait and see if they really want our money.
damn i was hoping the 2 versions would've been connected together could've given more economy and more players.
Dude IDK why everybody cares about there stupid pc character I mean D3 is going to have NO AH this is great news NOW we don't have to play with cheaters who just BUY their way to the top making a great character not by playing but BUYING that is so freakin stupid and that is what destroyed D3 for PC.Now if we allow people to bring characters from pc version over to console they will be bringin their cheating !@# character over with super decked out gear that they just bought jeeze dont you people think about this crap!.I am happy to play on ps3 with more legit player not just some kid who bought a godly character and if we allow people to transfer characters over from pc then what is the difference between pc and console they will both be filled with cheaters!!!!. So screw your pc character if you like D3 it wouldnt matter you play this game thousands of hours no matter what BIG DEAL you are starting new character, it is for the best anyway lets keep the freakin cheaters off the console version!!!.
A WOW sucker must be a moron who thinks WOW is a good game even though it is a horrible kids game with horrible gameplay,cheesey horrible graphics, and looks like some disney game.People should know not to listen to some troll with a WOW picture next to his sn because that person doesnt know anything about a good game.WOW is far from a good game its a colorful childish fairy tale game that has horrible !@#$y gameplay.Most people who play that horrible WOW game dont even know about the REAL WARCRAFT games before blizzard completely sold out and made WARCRAFT into a crappy little kids mmo with cheesey hacked gameplay.The funny thing is there are alot of trolls on here saying D3 SUCKSSS and yet there is a WOW picture next to their sn LOL.
He purchased a licence to run the software that is Diablo 3 which should be valid for the PS3 version too, under law.

At least actually read the end user license agreement before posting stuff like this.

I don't need to read the EULA. If the EULA was above the law you may have point, but as it isn't, you don't.
Edited by PHYXATION#2123 on 5/13/2013 10:28 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]