Diablo® III

PC progress transfer to ps3

(Locked)

05/13/2013 10:26 AMPosted by PHYXATION

At least actually read the end user license agreement before posting stuff like this.

I don't need to read the EULA. If the EULA was above the law you may have point, but as it isn't, you don't.

Then I guess you should actually read the law before you post stuff like this.
Ps3 version will be what d3 was meant to be, no ah, no hackers, no bugs, I can start over and find gear for my character and it will actually have meaning and add competition amongst me, my little brothers, and friends. I say thank you blizzard for this game coming to console I can't wait.
All I know if the PS3 ver. don't link to battle,net account and Come "Free" for PS3 Download to use with my Battle.net Diablo 3 account I don't want it...!!
well that sucks they have no AH at all? and you can't use your PC account? and if your going to make a helm that gives exp to the PS3 and 4 versions i think that if you can't use your PC characters on the PS3 or 4 versions then you guys should make it so the PC versions can get the helm as well (because if you don't then it isn't right) at least in my opinion because i don't play it that much so it's gonna take me a few years to get 1 character to level 100 paragon :( let alone to get all 10 to level 100 paragon it would take me probably 12 or so years unless i played ALOT more. like i said before this is just my opinion :P
It is completely ridiculous if blizzard does not make the pc diablo characters transferable to the PS3. I for one will not be buying diablo 3 for the PS3 even though i am a console player now and not much into the PC anymore but i love Blizzard games. I really think blizzard should reconsider having the pc characters transfer to the PS3 version because i dont want to start over thats lame.
05/27/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Skippy
It is completely ridiculous if blizzard does not make the pc diablo characters transferable to the PS3. I for one will not be buying diablo 3 for the PS3 even though i am a console player now and not much into the PC anymore but i love Blizzard games. I really think blizzard should reconsider having the pc characters transfer to the PS3 version because i dont want to start over thats lame.

Think of it as a ladder reset.
starting over isn't as bad as everyone thinks.
lol, i love the mentality. PS3 and PC are DIFFERENT. I know it's hard to understand, but they are! Why would Blizzard limit their profits by basically giving the game away to pc owners, or giving pc owners end game characters for the ps3? the mechanics are different, i assume the gear will have some differences. It's a different game people.
I was seriously considering buying the PS3 version so I could sit on my couch and use a controller from time to time rather than pounding on my keyboard. Then I read there is no character transfer....wtf?

Just another in a long line of lost customers Blizzard. Wake up.
I certainly hope not. Buying gold RUINED my pc version. I am wondering if there is a way to have EVERYTHING reset. Gold, items, artisans - everything set back to like it was new.
I was seriously considering buying the PS3 version so I could sit on my couch and use a controller from time to time rather than pounding on my keyboard. Then I read there is no character transfer....wtf?

Just another in a long line of lost customers Blizzard. Wake up.

Why would it be fair if you could have player transfer, not everyone is coming from PC. I've got to say you guys crying about starting over need to stop and just stay on pc that easy.
I don't care if AH is on it or not. But please please please do not have the RMAH on it. At least not for gold. That ruined my pc version. Wish I could reset the whole thing.
90 Worgen Death Knight
So My question would be, end goal is I want to play this on the PS4. But to wait til the PS4, I will be behind by roughly 4 months?? Will the PS3 version be playable on the PS4? Or will I have to buy the game twice PS3 and PS4? Surely it could be done through download unlock or something...
06/10/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Duogen
So My question would be, end goal is I want to play this on the PS4. But to wait til the PS4, I will be behind by roughly 4 months?? Will the PS3 version be playable on the PS4? Or will I have to buy the game twice PS3 and PS4? Surely it could be done through download unlock or something...

Good question. I have no plans to buy the PS4 at the moment, but this is a truly important question.

I had no plans to buy a PS3, but I did. Who knows if I will get the PS4? Even I don't.
First of all dude that says WOW is a lame game with low graphics!! i want to see you create a mmo with millions of players with good graphics and not to mention it's 8 years old what do you expect ? But i don't know what i'm expecting from a guy that was probably not even born when wow was released. Getting back to the topic I think it's lame that if you have the game bought for PC (50 euros) why should you pay another 50 for the PS3 version. Doesn't matter that you have to create new chars because one is battle net and the other play station network but i wonder how many people will buy it ...
Get your facts straight. Which games you played in beta can be transferred to main? NONE!

The only benefits left for beta players are the 'experience' and maybe a few beta only items.
It's not fair when majority starts from ground zero and already have someone who is way ahead of them in game.

Totally weird when you just started out and you heard people grinding for highest level gears already.
It's astounding how many players don't understand the concept of two different games. The console version is completely separate and involves separate mechanics (different loot drops, dodge feature, party tele feature etc), there is absolutely no reason to be able to transfer characters. Realize that the console versions will not be using battle.net but instead the local console networks (PSnetwork and Xbox Live).

Ps3 version will be what d3 was meant to be, no ah, no hackers, no bugs,

Wrong. If anything the console versions will be teeming with hackers given the time. The characters are saved locally so players will be able to edit their files. Mark my words the console version will contain hacks galore after a short period.

This is another reason why cross-platform transfer of characters would not happen, it would just be a portal to introduce hacks and character mods into the PC version. Seriously people, get a clue!
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 6/12/2013 12:43 AM PDT
Blizzard is seriously stupid, no words needed why.
But they should really do so PC players can transfer naked characters with a max gold limit at least after 4 months ( or more perhaps ) after the console versions have been released.
Blizzard is seriously stupid, no words needed why.
But they should really do so PC players can transfer naked characters with a max gold limit at least after 4 months ( or more perhaps ) after the console versions have been released.

Yeah, I find it really disheartening to hear that there is no way to transfer my character over, at all. I thought with portal 2, this kinda thing might become more common, and that way one household does not have to have 2 rather upscale computers to play every game together, one can just play on the ps3 (or with coop, both).

I hope to be pleasantly surprised in like half a year that they changed this all to be more appealing...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]