Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix – EXP from Pets in The Scorched Chapel

(Locked)

When exploited, bugs like this can negatively impact the enjoyment of others

I understand that you don't want players doing this. It's your game and you can do what you want. However, That quoted statement is a lie.

The only possible way this bug negatively affects others is by, buying a homunculus on the AH. Which is debatable.
lol
This is fixed only because it went public. That means reports sent to hacks@blizzard.com or exploit team since ptr 1.0.7 went to their junk box. So the only way to get blizzard's attention is by making a lot of posts. That's how I read it in this thread.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 4/26/2013 2:42 PM PDT
04/26/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Sÿlak
This is fixed only because it went public. That means reports sent to hacks@blizzard.com or exploit team since ptr 1.0.7 went to their junk box. So the only way to get blizzard's attention is by making a lot of posts.

Thanks for the inside information! I'm happy that you work for blizz and know how things work. :)

Cheers!

I don't think Ketchup works for Blizzard. I think he just noticed the timestamps on the posts. You've been on the threads all day so I would imagine you would have noticed this response came up after the day-long flame session about this issue. Perhaps the vox populi is not yet mute?
Thanks for updating us, we feel heard and happy!
Man has Blizzard fallen.
Lol all the cheaters are mad.
Are you going to do a sweeping ban or penalize all WD with Homoculous? I never engaged in this exploit, and I am concerned for the Zero Dog community.

How can we prove our innocence?
Community Manager
04/26/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Duffman
Not even trying to troll, I'm just a big fan of transparency when "penal[ties]" are involved, and am suggesting you could avoid a lot of heartburn by simply laying out the ban policy, rollback policy, etc. ahead of time.

Totally understand. It's a legitimate concern. The best response to your question is actually covered by our exploitation policy, which I linked previously:

Bug Exploitation

Some bugs are minor and do not affect gameplay, but sometimes bugs can be used to provide an unfair advantage to certain players or negatively affect the game itself. An appropriate penalty for exploitation is determined by whether or not:

• The exploit is performed intentionally, maliciously, or repeatedly
  • The exploit damages another hero or their gameplay
  • An attempt has been made to conceal the exploit's use

While certain exploits can be cut-and-dry, most are complicated beasts. Sometimes, players will use an exploit and not realize it. Sometimes, an exploit will exist, but it won't be damaging to any other player or the economy. In those situations, our priority will always be to fix what’s wrong as quickly as we can so that the game is better for everyone (as opposed to calling down the banhammer). If someone is actively abusing an exploit, though, and doing so maliciously and knowingly, then yeah, we might step in -- but it would likely be something that's handled on a case-by-case basis. Again, our primary goal is it to improve the game environment, not get some sort of revenge, so whether or not someone is penalized really depends on the individual situation.

Even so, the best course of action if you know an exploit exists is not to use it. If you want to submit a report, you can (and we'd be thankful for it), but that'd be going above and beyond.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/26/2013 3:46 PM PDT
I doubt they have a way to punish those who did this, the post just says they can punish you for exploiting, not that they will in this case.

It is disappointing that Paragon level 100 means next to nothing now since there is always a chance that it was achieved by going afk for 4 days.
Community Manager
And somebody read the submissions from here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html Correct?

Correct, both our hacks@blizzard.com and Hacks web form inboxes are reviewed. As noted, though, reports submitted via those outlets will not receive a response.
Ban-Hammer inbound boyz.
Just as an idea, some experience should be given for brawling, but not 182 million/hour!
Community Manager
04/26/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Revan
As you said it yourself, dev team knew about it, released it live and I bet many ppl already exploited game mechanic, that was implemented in the client via official patch.

On the contrary, I said that we did not know about the bug when the patch went live. I'm not sure if that's better or worse in your mind, but it was an issue on our end, and we’re already taking a look at our reporting processes to see how we can improve them to reduce the chances of something like this happening again.

We're not infallible, though, and we may not catch every bug or report, but we can always do better. It means a lot to us that players submit bugs and report exploits, and we want to make sure they're being utilized in the right ways.
Edited by Lylirra on 4/29/2013 11:37 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]