Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix – EXP from Pets in The Scorched Chapel

(Locked)

04/26/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Duffman
Not even trying to troll, I'm just a big fan of transparency when "penal[ties]" are involved, and am suggesting you could avoid a lot of heartburn by simply laying out the ban policy, rollback policy, etc. ahead of time.

As nice as it would be if they could take you up on this, I think that in a case like this, too much transparency would probably lead to rules lawyering. Or even actual lawyering, if someone wants to try to make a case that Blizzard promised to only ban players who did X, and they did Y which is not quite the same thing, so they should get away with it even though it was obviously their intent to abuse the loophole.
04/26/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
Not only can this potentially lead to your account being penalized (depending on the situation)

I'm calling BS on this one. Never happen.
Simple way to detect who used the cheat. Search the database for who leveled extremely fast. Do your due diligence on that subset.

I personally knew about the exploit and chose not to use it. I even had a WD in hardcore that would have been perfect for this.

Where is our reward for not exploiting this bug?

p.s. I gave up on the whole "CM/WW wizard is cheap" and "we should be playing some other build" thing. Those people had too much of an advantage, so I joined them. Thanks Blizzard. :(
Look what happens with all exploits are the following.

1. Players find an exploit and no one tells the devs about the exploit. So that is like a bug going unreported. Then players can abuse that exploit. This case has a high chance of being the case for most exploits. Players are not as honest as you think they are these days.

2. Players find an exploit and some use the exploit. The ones that do know about it do not report it. Then the devs work on fixing the exploit. This is not as high as number one or number three.

3. Players find an exploit and some use the exploit. The ones that do not use it but know about it report it. Some of the exploiters will come on the forums and discredit the ones reporting the exploit. They try to get the devs to think that it does not exist. So if the devs do not believe the reports then nothing will get done. Out of the three this has the highest chance of being the case in around 70% of the cases of exploits.

It is even worse when you have it show up on the PTR. Because there it is not gonna be seen by all players as a rule. Because not everyone goes to the PTR to test the new patch. So the amount of players reporting on the issue would be much smaller than on the live server.
Frinends,

1-there was never any breach of contract.
http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html
bug is different from hack,bots and cheats...
item 2, 2.1.

2-according Diablo III Exploitation Policy.
"The exploit is performed intentionally, maliciously, or repeatedly"

Intentionally - some people dont have intention to win Xp.

maliciously- who has malicious intent on something, so this case does not apply malice without prove intent.

repeatedly- with everything old in diablo, what to do in the game? this is the reason for the repetition. some people love pvp, and so much to attend arena.

** the contract should have said that the game was sold Beta, so we bought it knowing the countless bugs and problems that would occur.
04/26/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
This issue was originally reported on our forums during 1.0.7 PTR testing;

That's pretty discouraging. You'd think they would pay a lot of attention to those threads. To just overlook something like that is just plain bad.
instead of fixing a bug that's not a real issue how about capping these numb nuts on the auction house that don't actually play the game but sit in the AH for hours in a day upselling garbage which is making it now impossible to actually upgrade due to ridiculous costs, as the game is not and has not for a good amount of time dropped anything decent to upgrade your own character with. The AH is the place you need to forward your attention to as now its full of mediocre items at stupid prices, its all just AH mongers on the AH which is a load of BS, a limit of sells needs to be implemented per person per amount of time, flipping items is a good thing but hundreds a day is beyond the joke. And recently looking at the AH its dying real quick and won't be worth looking at, nor playing the game itself as anything you pick up is never better than what you currently have, especially anything at lvl 60. rant end.
04/26/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Toad
Roll-back time

Cool, can we roll back HC crhs who died by exploiting the 'Unstable Anomaly' doesn't always work bug? Or you know just a fix for that would be great! no real need to roll back... just fix it not triggering.
04/27/2013 05:54 AMPosted by SALUTE666
instead of fixing a bug that's not a real issue how about capping these numb nuts on the auction house that don't actually play the game but sit in the AH for hours in a day upselling garbage which is making it now impossible to actually upgrade due to ridiculous costs, as the game is not and has not for a good amount of time dropped anything decent to upgrade your own character with. The AH is the place you need to forward your attention to as now its full of mediocre items at stupid prices, its all just AH mongers on the AH which is a load of BS, a limit of sells needs to be implemented per person per amount of time, flipping items is a good thing but hundreds a day is beyond the joke. And recently looking at the AH its dying real quick and won't be worth looking at, nor playing the game itself as anything you pick up is never better than what you currently have, especially anything at lvl 60. rant end.

Since you mention flippers, why not learn how to properly price your gear. If all players properly priced their gear then flippers would not have anything to flip. All of those high end pieces have a high price tag because they are hard to find. Not because of flippers. If you think that a perfectly rolled Mempo with CC is only worth a couple of million gold, then what have you been smoking.
LOL im talking about items i have recently found which are far worse than what i currently have, sell it for a reasonable price "for players who need to actually build up" and then BAM its sold within a minute, bought by a trippa flippa who then triples the price and relists right away, its a joke and stops players actually getting anywhere with the game, not everyone on this game is made of money or spends all day on the AH, which in fact is a load of crap, considering most of the main flippers don't actually play the game, unless their character is wandering around by themselves. I have spent hours trying to flip items, its time consuming and garbage, i prefer playing the game properly, for what the game was intended for, not to be exploited.
I really don't understand how blizzard is trying to operate diablo3

a 3 month delay to fix a damn bug from the previous PTR patch
WHAT ON EARTH is the point of a bug & feedback forum IF U GUYS DONT EVEN CHECK IT

it f*cking enrages me how blizz is SOOOO IRRESPONSIBLE, letting serious exploits go out of control for months and then realizes OH !@#$ ITS SERIOUS

if we have u to operate CDC...the entire world would be plagued and died of ebola spreading out of control

this is NOT the first time where u let things go out of control...
1) previous PTR period where ALL the auction houses were BUGGED BEYOND CONTROL for an ENTIRE MONTH
1) gold spammers were let roaming for at LEAST half a year
2) BOTS were NO WHERE NEAR CONTROLLED for MORE than half a year
3) SERIOUS DUPING issues ARE STILL NOT CONTROLLED

do you really need your customers tell you how to run your damn CRM??
well said!!
Look what happens with all exploits are the following.

1. Players find an exploit and no one tells the devs about the exploit. So that is like a bug going unreported. Then players can abuse that exploit. This case has a high chance of being the case for most exploits. Players are not as honest as you think they are these days.

And yet Blizzard still twiddles their thumbs when people have been coming up to them and say "Look, something is wrong. We need you to fix it."

If you get so many people reporting the issue, there's a good chance that there is indeed something wrong. Which means that instead of all this thumb-twiddling, they need to at least look into it. Even if it turns out to be a false report, at least Blizzard shows that they care. It's good PR, even if nothing comes of it.

The fact that people have been reporting the issue, and nothing has been done about it (until now) makes Blizzard look like they just don't care, and any excuses they make (like "we missed the bug reports") look like sorry attempts at damage control (even though this likely isn't the case.) How does a professional company with hundreds of employees miss bug reports? To me, it shows that someone isn't doing their job correctly, and needs to be reprimanded at the very least. (I don't believe in firing people, except in extreme cases, because jobs are VERY hard to come by these days.)

2. Players find an exploit and some use the exploit. The ones that do know about it do not report it. Then the devs work on fixing the exploit. This is not as high as number one or number three.

True, there are dishonest types out there, but the vast majority of players ARE honest, and want a game where everyone can play on equal footing.

3. Players find an exploit and some use the exploit. The ones that do not use it but know about it report it. Some of the exploiters will come on the forums and discredit the ones reporting the exploit. They try to get the devs to think that it does not exist. So if the devs do not believe the reports then nothing will get done. Out of the three this has the highest chance of being the case in around 70% of the cases of exploits.

Read above.

It is even worse when you have it show up on the PTR. Because there it is not gonna be seen by all players as a rule. Because not everyone goes to the PTR to test the new patch. So the amount of players reporting on the issue would be much smaller than on the live server.

This is where Blizzard should be paying EVEN MORE attention, because every bug report can potentially catch any bugs before release, when they become not only a problem for the players, but for Blizzard as well. My dad ran a computer repair business (which I'm running now) for nearly 23 years before he died, and if we provided that same level of service to our customers, rest assured we wouldn't have been in business as long as we have. Yes, just about every company makes mistakes, but the TRUE test of a business is how they deal with those mistakes. I know the computer repair industry is slightly different from the gaming industry, but the same basic principles apply to nearly every business, no matter what industry they choose to enter.
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 4/27/2013 7:06 AM PDT
I just dont understand why blizz cant remove the exp gain by players who took advantage of this exploit.

how hard is it to find out?

just to the math, find out the avg range of the most exp you can gain with all available exp gear and non stop farming at the highest density area gets you on a hourly basis.

Then look at the players who are are gaining experience far beyond the avg rate, then simply retract those points.

If this game is being secured as an online ARPG because of integrity, then let integrity be maintained as such. Doing nothing to those who took advantage of this only defeats the very purpose the game was first design and set out to be.

this is worse than dupe items since dupe items still requires one to paid for it with one's gold. And dupes are still quite expensive relative to other gear. With this, normal players are wasting away hundreds of hours of farming only to be over taken by this trick in mere hours of play.
I for one think Blizzard is doing the right thing.

They've taken accountability for their actions. They've been nothing but honest, and everybody is back-lashing because they worked hard for their levels.

Well, as one of those individuals that works hard for their exp; take pride in the knowing that you are somebody who legitimately obtained your experience points.

I cannot be upset at a developer who is fixing an issue. (Regardless of when it was reported, Blizzard has always been known for 'Soon' anyhow.), and I cannot be upset as a player because it only boosts my appreciation for how I've played the game in comparison. Let them have their false characters and relish in the fact that they got it for free.

They leveled those characters as much as people who win giveaways on streams farmed that gold. Let them have their fun; It will never be the same.

I agree, if they rollback or not I will still enjoy the game. However I do still find it slightly annoying. But even in diablo 2, I was one of the few players who did not run a baal bot, and still made it to level 97 legitimately. I was able to be proud of my accomplishment without caring that tons of bots beat me in leveling.
Bluepost:
we’re already taking a look at our reporting processes to see how we can improve them to reduce the chances of something like this happening again.

Was the frst step to PM Streamers at Twitch with a special link only for them to report Bugs/Exploits?
What makes streamers different to all other off us players?
Is that the way how you prove that you ignore the normal Report way?

What the hell are you doing over there?
Soooo many different mistakes in 1 year, that is just not possible!

And what is with your botdetection?
Shouldn´t that react if a player hits Paralev 100 with just a few hundred Elitekills???

Damn guys come on you show us year for year that you can do it sooo much better.....

Greetings a pi$$ed player from EU
Edited by PowderBlue#2847 on 4/27/2013 9:21 AM PDT
only mildly interesting things left in D3 nowadays:
- abusing bugs like this
- aUction rpg
- creating the next forum nerf train
lol @ this game. I paid $60 for this? Finish the game before your release it!
Thank you Blizzard! I can understand that its hard to read every bug report/hack claim, so thank you for getting to this!
I just hope blizz sends out a warning before the server restart/hotfix.
Otherwise many HC players will get killed :(
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]