Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfix – EXP from Pets in The Scorched Chapel

(Locked)

nice this is just uber fail i really hope to see some bans happen to the pple that did this to get any extreme amount of paragon levels.its not like they are casually killin dogs in duels most are key jamming or setting a macro and going afk for the day. they know they are exploiting the game and know its not fair. It should have been fixed already like along time ago but its not so do somthing about it blizz bann all the exploiters already.It shoulnt be such a big deal to cleanse some cheaters from the game

Also if the above were true, then why wouldn't it be true for all game companies that do not instantly fix bugs as well. I know that there have been some games that have had a bug that was at launched that took year or more to fix. Due to the complexity of the bug. Just look at the waller affix bug for example. It is hard for Blizz to reproduce the bug, which is an important step. Because without being able to reproduce it they could not possibly find out where it is at in the code.

1. Waller is not a bug. Every time you die on your crappy SC character with like 200 AR in MP8 doesn't mean it's a bug. You can stop with that crap right now.

2. The entire customer benefit of having the game always-online was so that we DIDN'T have issues like this.
WOW... You guys at Blizzard should just hire Moldran already! Seriously, give the damn kid a job.. You know he would do wonders for your game and enjoy doing it...
Edited by Knightmare#1922 on 4/29/2013 6:27 AM PDT
Hope that darn patch comes down tomorrow, taking a break till it does.
04/26/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Lylirra
Not even trying to troll, I'm just a big fan of transparency when "penal[ties]" are involved, and am suggesting you could avoid a lot of heartburn by simply laying out the ban policy, rollback policy, etc. ahead of time.

Totally understand. It's a legitimate concern. The best response to your question is actually covered by our [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy"]exploitation policy[/url], which I linked previously:

Bug Exploitation

Some bugs are minor and do not affect gameplay, but sometimes bugs can be used to provide an unfair advantage to certain players or negatively affect the game itself. An appropriate penalty for exploitation is determined by whether or not:

• The exploit is performed intentionally, maliciously, or repeatedly
  • The exploit damages another hero or their gameplay
  • An attempt has been made to conceal the exploit's use

While certain exploits can be cut-and-dry, most are complicated beasts. Sometimes, players will use an exploit and not realize it. Sometimes, an exploit will exist, but it won't be damaging to any other player or the economy. In those situations, our priority will always be to fix what’s wrong as quickly as we can so that the game is better for everyone (as opposed to calling down the banhammer). If someone is actively abusing an exploit, though, and doing so maliciously and knowingly, then yeah, we might step in -- but it would likely be something that's handled on a case-by-case basis. Again, our primary goal is it to improve the game environment, not get some sort of revenge, so whether or not someone is penalized really depends on the individual situation.

Even so, the best course of action if you know an exploit exists is not to use it. If you want to submit a report, you can (and we'd be thankful for it), but that'd be going above and beyond.

But how would someone who used this method of leveling know it was an "exploit"? It's not like the game pops up a bubble "WARNING: YOU ARE NOW EXPLOITING". The fact that dogs gave xp in PVP was reported in 1.0.7 PTR forums and nothing was done about it. Couldn't some people have concluded (rightly or not) that you did not think it was an "exploit"? That perhaps you intended XP gain from pet kills in PVP?

My point is that the definition of what is and isn't an "exploit" is murky at best. Is running a level 1 character with my friend's level 60 character to gets lots of experience faster than a normal level 1 character could an "exploit"? How is that different from this?

And before anyone flames me, look at my profile, I definitely do NOT use this "exploit". I just take exception to the idea that people who have used the "exploit" did something "wrong".

Imagine a friend comes to some kid and says "Hey buddy, come play this game with me. I can level you to max level in just a few days and then we can play and have tons of fun." So he goes out, buys the game, and the friend uses this "exploit" to powerlevel him. He had no idea that this is an "exploit" because he never played the game normally, so he wouldn't know the difference. Did he "exploit"? Should he be subject to "penalties" to his account?
It would be nice if you take some actions not only words. Players who makes exploit abuse must be banned . Players who flip from ah must be banned. There are many things to do but the inertness and the passivity of blizzard actions are making diablo3 the worts arpg ever. I just want to say that this year many blizzard competitors are preparing awesome games, also free to play so diablo3 is in really danger
04/26/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Lylirra
If you want to submit a report, you can (and we'd be thankful for it), but that'd be going above and beyond.

But Blizzard also said this.

04/26/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Lylirra
This issue was originally reported on our forums during 1.0.7 PTR testing; however, we unfortunately missed the reports before patch 1.0.7 was released, and as a result the bug went live. That was our error, so we'd like to give a big thank you not only to the players who reported the bug initially by posting, but also to those who helped bring it to our attention by contacting our Hacks team.

Thanks Blizzard for the post and the update. But can we be sure from now on that Blizzard will read the hack/exploitation reports in a timely manner this time? So this can be prevented in the future.
04/29/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Aspyde
It would be nice if you take some actions not only words. Players who makes exploit abuse must be banned . Players who flip from ah must be banned. There are many things to do but the inertness and the passivity of blizzard actions are making diablo3 the worts arpg ever. I just want to say that this year many blizzard competitors are preparing awesome games, also free to play so diablo3 is in really danger

How would someone know, and I mean DEFINITIVELY know without any question, that this is an "exploit"? If they saw that pet kills giving XP in PVP was reported on the forums and nothing was done about it, why couldn't they assume that it was intended?

Is getting powerleveled by having a friend run their level 60 with your level 1 so that you gain xp way faster than a level 1 character is intended to gain xp a bug? If not, how is that different from this?

(Except those who botted to do it. That is clearly against ToS for other reasons, so we can remove that from the equation).
04/29/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Garthandal
but more importantly it's not really fair to your fellow players. When exploited, bugs like this can negatively impact the enjoyment of others

I really don't understand this? How does it affect me? How does it make me enjoy the game less if I am not playing with them or exploiting it myself?? There is no ladder or leaderboard. I am not condoning using the exploit.

Someone gets p100 way faster than others. They can then farm higher MP levels faster than others with max magic find. Thus the value of items in the economy is altered, thus it effects everyone.

That said, I still don't think they should get banned for it. If xp gain from dogs in PVP was not intended, it should have been fixed when it was reported in 1.0.7 PTR. It not being fixed could be seen by players as "working as intended".
04/29/2013 08:17 AMPosted by FalconGK81

Totally understand. It's a legitimate concern. The best response to your question is actually covered by our [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy"]exploitation policy[/url], which I linked previously:

While certain exploits can be cut-and-dry, most are complicated beasts. Sometimes, players will use an exploit and not realize it. Sometimes, an exploit will exist, but it won't be damaging to any other player or the economy. In those situations, our priority will always be to fix what’s wrong as quickly as we can so that the game is better for everyone (as opposed to calling down the banhammer). If someone is actively abusing an exploit, though, and doing so maliciously and knowingly, then yeah, we might step in -- but it would likely be something that's handled on a case-by-case basis. Again, our primary goal is it to improve the game environment, not get some sort of revenge, so whether or not someone is penalized really depends on the individual situation.

Even so, the best course of action if you know an exploit exists is not to use it. If you want to submit a report, you can (and we'd be thankful for it), but that'd be going above and beyond.

But how would someone who used this method of leveling know it was an "exploit"? It's not like the game pops up a bubble "WARNING: YOU ARE NOW EXPLOITING". The fact that dogs gave xp in PVP was reported in 1.0.7 PTR forums and nothing was done about it. Couldn't some people have concluded (rightly or not) that you did not think it was an "exploit"? That perhaps you intended XP gain from pet kills in PVP?

My point is that the definition of what is and isn't an "exploit" is murky at best. Is running a level 1 character with my friend's level 60 character to gets lots of experience faster than a normal level 1 character could an "exploit"? How is that different from this?

And before anyone flames me, look at my profile, I definitely do NOT use this "exploit". I just take exception to the idea that people who have used the "exploit" did something "wrong".

Imagine a friend comes to some kid and says "Hey buddy, come play this game with me. I can level you to max level in just a few days and then we can play and have tons of fun." So he goes out, buys the game, and the friend uses this "exploit" to powerlevel him. He had no idea that this is an "exploit" because he never played the game normally, so he wouldn't know the difference. Did he "exploit"? Should he be subject to "penalties" to his account?

completely agree. anxiously awaiting word from blizzard today
04/29/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Garthandal
Someone gets p100 way faster than others. They can then farm higher MP levels faster than others with max magic find. Thus the value of items in the economy is altered, thus it effects everyone.

OK and this affects the economy how? They provide more items for sale and end up making them cheaper?

You just answered your own question.
Well, since most people don't even log into the forums how is one supposed to know this method is considered an exploit?

You leave it up to the discretion of the player to discern whether or not it is an exploit. This bug has been reported since January and it still went live. This shows that Blizz doesn't read any of the "everyday" player's concerns. They only respond when streamers report it to the masses or when things go viral.

Blizz screwed up and savvy players shouldn't get banned for this crap. They let it slide for months. As far as I'm concerned, it's working as intended.
Just curious: Does this still work now days after their bluepost?
Community Manager
Update: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9623682/

This issue was addressed via hotfix on Saturday, April 26.
Mess with the AH, get the horns!
Update: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9623682/

This issue was addressed via hotfix on Saturday, April 26.

Has the ban wave hit yet? This is a pretty important precedent-setting moment in terms of how Blizzard defines fair play. Penalties were implied and I'm quite curious to see how they are applied. Any update on that, L?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]