Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
There are four ways to remove it that I can think of:
1. Removing it through Account management by answering the questions and putting in two valid codes. (obviously out of the question for you right now)
2. If you have SMS Protect set up it can be used to remove an Authenticator, however you need your phone to receive the text message.
3. Telephone removal - you can use the registered phone number for the account to call in to an automated system to get it removed. Again, that requires your phone.
4. Submit the Authenticator Removal form via the Support link here on the website. That will require a copy of your government issued photo ID to prove you are the account holder.
One last question though, did you happen to write down the serial number and restore code like the installation instructions suggest? If you did, you can download the application to a new smart device and use the Restore feature to basically clone your copy of the app. That would prevent you from even needing to remove it.
If you can not clone the app, you are going to need to go with option 4.
A new phone tomorrow? That is great news though. If it has the same phone number then you can try several of the options above! That should get you going again pretty fast compared to waiting until next month to get a new license.
Also, I just tried the support link and it does let you get to phone service. They may be able to help you if you can answer enough questions to verify your identity.
Go to battle.net as the product > I can't log in > I want to remove the Authenticator. At the bottom of the screen will be the option to put in a ticket, use Live Chat, or Phone.
Try the phone option (Skype is free to call them with) that might just get it removed for you now :)
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.