Diablo® III

Proposed Change to Nat's Sight

As it stands right now, Nat's Sight provides a lot of defensive utility to a DH at the cost of DPS, which I'm happy with as it makes players weigh the trade offs etc. However, I think the deck is stacked too much in favor of helms such as Andy's and Mempo.

Therefore, I propose the following change to Nat's Sight: the fear proc should be based on paragon level, increasing by .1% increments for every plvl gained, thus, at level 100 a DH would have a 10% chance to fear enemies.

Reasons for this change:

1. The devs have expressed their desire to improve itemization by mitigating bad affix rolls (e.g. int roll on hand crossbow). This change fits with this design direction in that when a Sight drops for a player they won't ID it and sigh as they see 2% chance to fear.

2. It makes the paragon leveling system more compelling.

3. Affixes based on character lvl have been used before in the Diablo franchise.

4. It would afford DH's the opportunity play more as a ranged class.

5. 10% chance to fear enemies at plvl 100... what better reward could you ask for after putting all that time in to your DH.

Edit: Is 10% chance to fear too OP? I think not, as the EF rolls with 10-20% chance to fear.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 4/30/2013 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i like the fear idea... but nats sight needs Attack Speed!
We need another alternative to Mempo's.. as is right now, nats sight is all but useless.
Reply Quote
We need another alternative to Mempo's.. as is right now, nats sight is all but useless.

Good Nat's sights are good. This is of course for the +20 Max Discipline bonus.
Reply Quote

Thanks for the response; however, I disagree about IAS on Nat's and here's why: aesthetic customization of gear is coming per a post from Vaelflare. In light of this fact, I think it would be unwise to have a bunch of helms whose only differentiations were names and appearance, the latter becoming a moot point in the future; instead, we should have other helms, such as Nat's, provide so much defensive or other utility that they are hard to pass up.
Reply Quote
Fear decreases your damage, I'd rather have it removed.
Reply Quote
I like my Nat's Sight, I definitely wouldn't replace mine with a Mempo.

If I could change it I would remove the Chance to Fear and replace it with Hatred Regeneration. Hatred is a state of mind and a helmet covers your head, seems like a perfect match to me.
Reply Quote
The more fear % on the helm the better.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Josef
Fear decreases your damage, I'd rather have it removed.

This is true if you're face tanking, but for WF users at high MP's, they may prefer the higher fear Proc. Big trouble at high MP's is that feared targets may cause other troubles when you're trying to CONTROL your targets, namely... it makes them run uncontrollably. In lower MP's this isn't an issue because you can easily snipe them dead before they can cause any other trouble, but at higher MP's, this just isn't the case.
Reply Quote
hf getting vote kicked by angry cm wizard tho ;)-
Reply Quote
Hate fear. Always look for low or no fear. Last thing I want is Monsters running away. I just placed a trap under his feet.
Reply Quote
How about changing Chance to fear --> Chance to Chill / immobilize on hit? These 2 props kinda are under used...

And instead of totally not including attk spd, y not change it to roll only CC + Attk Spd / CC + Socket / Attk spd + Socket?
Reply Quote
Random fear procs are annoying tbh, i'd rather see something else on it, it also need to roll Crit Damage baseline imo and maybe change the order of the set bonus (2piece = 130 dex, 3piece = 20 disc, 4piece = 7%cc). Would make CC Nats helms clear BIS pieces over Mempo but would keep mempo/andy as an option for the less wealthy DHs.
Reply Quote
buffing the dex bonus from 90-100 to 50% 90-100, 50% 170-200 (similar to IK and tal rasha) and change the fear proc to freeze would be a good start.

tbh they should just get rid of this +x random affix crap from sets/legendaries.
Reply Quote
To those hating on the fear proc, what? If you guys want it removed, this game will become even more degenerate.

With that said, I feel the Nat's Sight should have attack speed and Hatred regen built in, along with higher fear proc(which is great with impale, shock collar, cinder arrow and whatnot)

Mempos have made this game degenerate, as it has absolutely no downside, it's the best in both offense and defense. Andy's are better designed.

When it doesn't even become a choice to use an item, whether that's to use or not to use, that's poor design. It's like the only reason not use a Mempo is because of set bonuses. It's awful itemization.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 5/4/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]