Diablo® III

Question about same screen co-op

It should only be necessary to create a new local profile and link it to your SEN if you have PS+ and want to download your character through the cloud.

06/14/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Vaeflare
They could alternatively bring over their save on a USB stick, but they will still need to create a new local User on the console in order to partake in local co-op with their character(s) from home.

If you bring your save on a USB drive, can't you just copy them to an existing local profile? Does each player need to select a different local profile? If so, why can any player access the saves from any profile, rather than just the selected one?

06/14/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Vaeflare
On the PlayStation 3, additional players will have access to any saves that any User on the system has; however, only the primary User can unlock trophies during single-system co-op.

This is unfortunate, but I suppose that's the tradeoff between allowing saves to be moved freely from one profile to another. Some games will award trophies retroactively based on the save data, but they typically disable trophies for that save if you copy it to another profile.
Reply Quote
I own a PS3 but I love gaming on PC. However I also like co-op with friends when they come over playing sports games like football. (offline)

Frankly there isn't many co-op action games *split screen is gay* on consoles and I was hoping somehow we can transfer our PC account(s) to PS. *for a fee, one time only* Ofcos we wouldn't mind buying console license(s) for this to happen.

We have at least 3-4 PC accounts that we can transfer to offline for some party bashing.
Edited by Fireblade#1295 on 6/15/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe I misinterpreted at some point.

PS3, people can play local co-op, and everybody can save and be happy.

XBox, people can play local co-op, and when you quit it erases the guest's saves (unless they sign into their gamertag). What about silver players, and local accounts, do those save?

Something else I've been wondering: If you pre-order, do all your guests get the untradable xp helm?
Reply Quote
I am for blizzard making a file type for character transfer that the game itself can recognize on the usb drive. One that may or may not show up in the corresponding console's XMB, but just in game itself.
Reply Quote
What am I missing? Why isn't Diablo 3 for console exactly like Diablo 3 for PC? I mean, sure, have new vantage points, different interface, sure, but I think I should be able to sit on my PC, play my lvl 60 monk, then the day the XBox/PS version of Diablo 3 comes out, install the game on my Xbox/PS and then load up that exact same lvl60 monk and play him on the console... and play with my friends on their PC or PS or Xbox... exactly how I currently play with them on my PC.

Are you telling me there is going to be no auction house for console version? No pub games?

Is this seriously a massively single player offline game? New genre?

I really don't understand Blizz anymore; I'm completely confused.
Edited by CostoModgen#1508 on 6/15/2013 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
so what I'm reading here is people complaining of always on line, now you have the chance to play a "more off line experience" mode of the game you are going to complaining about the lack of connections, and interaction between other people... really????? just because you have to either use a usb stick or pay a psn subscription.

dam this generation of gamers complain too much.

The complaint is because of having to activate and then deactivate your PSN's secondary console login repeatedly just to play co-op, even local co-op on the same machine. Simply put, it's like trying to do surgery with a sledgehammer - it's doable, but it isn't pretty, fun, and is in fact more frustration than it is worth.

No one cares about ps3, how about u go make sure the servers stay online for more then just a week mmkay? Go tell ur lazy fellow employees the same, a whole year later and u cant even keep ur game servers up, very stable game ur selling!

think u guys need to go focus on ps3 version some more and neglect the pc/mac version some more

If you have a problem with console development that pertains to the PC, find an appropriate thread to post in. Your complaint has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
Not a complaint, an inquiry for more information. I don't own a PS or an Xbox and I don't plan on buying one. I'm just utterly confused.
Reply Quote
I got a question.

Say you are playing 4 player on the same console and one player wants to go to town while the other three want to go there own directions how would that work? Do you just get stuck until every one decides to either go to town or go the same direction?

Also will there be Hardcore mode on consoles?
Reply Quote
I got a question.

Say you are playing 4 player on the same console and one player wants to go to town while the other three want to go there own directions how would that work? Do you just get stuck until every one decides to either go to town or go the same direction?

Also will there be Hardcore mode on consoles?

With local co-op, when one player ports to town everyone ports to town, this is necessary because they are all playing on the same screen. Online play will work normally but when they share the same screen it is not really viable to do it any other way.

Yes there will be Hardcore.
Reply Quote
What am I missing? Why isn't Diablo 3 for console exactly like Diablo 3 for PC? I mean, sure, have new vantage points, different interface, sure, but I think I should be able to sit on my PC, play my lvl 60 monk, then the day the XBox/PS version of Diablo 3 comes out, install the game on my Xbox/PS and then load up that exact same lvl60 monk and play him on the console... and play with my friends on their PC or PS or Xbox... exactly how I currently play with them on my PC.

Are you telling me there is going to be no auction house for console version? No pub games?

Is this seriously a massively single player offline game? New genre?

I really don't understand Blizz anymore; I'm completely confused.

The console versions will use the respective console's online service (PSN and XBLive) as opposed to battle.net, so there is no way to play cross platform. This stands for any game not just Diablo as console games don't support cross-platform play.
Reply Quote
There is seriously griping about creating an account on a friends console to play your file? Seriously it's not that big of a hassle.. I mean how else are you going to access your saved files?

Like has been said deactivate when finished. If it's too big of a deal well there is always the option of not playing on someone else's console since it is so obtuse and all.
Reply Quote
I know people kind of hate the limitations but on PS4 most people will have PSN accounts if they are online gamers.

Personally, i think your character should be available from the cloud with out having to create a user on the PS4. Seems a little silly that a seamless gaming exp. wasn't implemented for coop play.
Reply Quote
Would be really cool to see the online servers get connected to the PC servers
Reply Quote
I remember consoles back when you'd just plug in a game cartridge and play.

I guess things like DRM, Always Online, and the Cloud are more 'convenient' somehow?

...right.
Reply Quote
I have a question is there still going to be achievements for the Playstation and Xbox version I would assume there would be?.

If this is the case then I would assume they would be linked to your PS or Xbox profiles and not information saved into your local save game. If this is also true then yes you will need to log into your PS or Xbox profile in order to play at a friends house otherwise any achievements want be recorded I guess.

Anyway I think just get over it and do what you have to and stop complaining its not that hard what other possible way can Blizzard do this?! ffs get over it or just play at home in single player mode

PS: Another question is there any possible way that Blizzard would be able to link our console char profiles into our blizzard account so they are also visible here that would be cool.

Cheers NeK
Edited by NeK#1206 on 6/16/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There's no other way this can be worked out?

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying it is a horribly obtuse implementation that could probably be done a different way. =/

Basically Diablo for ps3/4 is focused for single player.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so what I'm reading here is people complaining of always on line, now you have the chance to play a "more off line experience" mode of the game you are going to complaining about the lack of connections, and interaction between other people... really????? just because you have to either use a usb stick or pay a psn subscription.
dam this generation of gamers complain too much.

You OBVIOUSLY haven't lived in the age when no such limitations existed - you could just pop in a game, and have fun, and game systems even came with two controllers so you could play 2-player games effortlessly. No signup process, no activation, no gimmicks.

Now game systems come with only one controller, and require a signup and activation process. You can't even play a 2-player game like you could before. Yeah, piracy has played some role in adding the activation and unnecessary DRM, so consumers who "want something for nothing" (that's about as mild as I can put it with these people) do share fault in these areas, but the addition of different service levels and the inclusion of only one controller is more a play for money. They're basically having you pay more money to get what you should've had in the first place, and I understand why Droth is so upset about it.
Edited by MimSiE#1669 on 6/18/2013 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Drothvader
This is a limitation of the PSN unfortunately but it is possible to deactivate your account on a given console ID so in turn it won't be limited to 2 unique consoles, it will just be limited to 2 consoles simultaneously.

1) Your main console
2) Your friend's console

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying it is a horribly obtuse implementation that could probably be done a different way. =/

Not only is it a major inconvenience to create a new user account / activate a new console but on top of that you have to deactivate a console from your list and hope that you don't accidentally deactivate your main home console.

I guess it's actually Sony's fault, and not Blizzard's, but still. I can't believe that you have to go through that much trouble just to play cooperatively on your friend's console.

I guess the only question I have now is if you go the USB save route do you have to activate your PSN profile on the system you wish to play on.

You just make a LOCAL account (NOT sign in to PSN - How do you sign in if you have no internet?)

Load your save games from the usb stick and away you go.

Any account can use a save game on PS3. It's been like that for ever. Only the primary account holder of that save game can unlock trophies.

I had this issue at home, I have the unfortunate luxury of having a ps3 in 3 rooms. Ran in the trophy issue that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]