Diablo® III

Rage Flip PvP Barb

Just wondering if anyone has built a rage flip barb for pvp trolls? I've wanted to do one since launch when i came up with the idea but went WD instead. Haven't bothered with checking the barb forums to see if ya'll thought the same and created one and haven't seen one in PvP yet...

Was wondering if anyone had videos of a rage flip barb in action?

For those of you who aren't sure what i'm talking about... Rage Flip Barb is a Barb that uses Rage Flip on Spear of the Ancients with extremely high Crit chance and No Escape Passive along with over powered etc (All Crit Chance Enhancing Skills and Gear) to basically flip an opponent back and forth over and over again until dead.

Trolololol... so, anyone?
Reply Quote
Ok, so i tested it quickly with my !@#$ty barb and i was able to get 5 flips in a row which killed my enemy. If anyone can get higher, let me know... my gear isn't that great atm.
Reply Quote
That won't work against any competent player. Try rage flip against a DH, if you are lucky you will get one flip before they smokescreen and impale you lol.
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Iria
That won't work against any competent player. Try rage flip against a DH, if you are lucky you will get one flip before they smokescreen and impale you lol.

I've already done it to a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian, just have to work harder for it against a demon hunter, they can only SS 3-4 times and if i crit SotA will reset so... if i use Throwing hammer and Ground Stomp to force an SS...

hehehehe
Reply Quote
04/26/2013 08:28 PMPosted by SKORPIQN

I've already done it to a Witch Doctor and a Barbarian, just have to work harder for it against a demon hunter, they can only SS 3-4 times and if i crit SotA will reset so... if i use Throwing hammer and Ground Stomp to force an SS...

hehehehe

Rend is the only viable option against DH. Any other skills that a Barb can use should only be used to combo into a Rend. You are welcome to try that Weapon Throw, Ancient Spear, Ground Stomp nonsense against a top DH and let me know how it goes lol.
Reply Quote
04/27/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Iria

hehehehe

Rend is the only viable option against DH. Any other skills that a Barb can use should only be used to combo into a Rend. You are welcome to try that Weapon Throw, Ancient Spear, Ground Stomp nonsense against a top DH and let me know how it goes lol.

I wasn't asking for permission?

Maybe we'll meet in PvP sometime once i'm geared better (play WD primary) and i'll show you personally... i know rend works, gets them during SS... but i've actually got skillz bro... don't have to play the one way.
Reply Quote
even with 100% crit this doesn't work

and without 100% crit, it would be too random on something that's already too random

random.
Reply Quote
I've already made it work at 50% crit... wtf?
Reply Quote
Let's assume you will always reach the target with Ancient Spear (very hard to do already with a DH using +84% movement speed from Tactical Advantage and gear), you have roughly a 50% chance to even land the ancient spear due to the DH's ~3000 Dexterity (I actually use a little more than that even). Now with your 50% critical hit rate, that means only half the time does your Ancient Spear cooldown reset. So you have about a 25% chance of resetting your cooldown on Ancient Spear on the times you even get your spear to reach the DH's hitbox, making it way to random.

Rend is the only viable killing move for Barbarian, it bypasses dodge completely, hits everywhere around the Barbarian at once, and can even be applied during smokescreen. If you get rend to crit, that's always a bonus but non-crits are still good. All other skills/passives set by a Barbarian must aid the Barbarian in one of two ways:

1) Help the Barbarian survive
2) Help the Barbarian apply Rend

If your build has a skill which does not aid in 1 or 2, then remove it and change it to a skill that helps 1 or 2!

Skills/Passives that help (1):
    Ignore Pain
    War Cry
    Threatening Shout
    Overpower - Crushing Advance
    Sprint
    Nerves of Steel
    Relentless
    Inspiring Presence
    Tough as Nails
    Juggernaut (limited use)

Skills/Passives that help (2)
    Furious Charge
    Leap
    Sprint
    Ancient Spear (not Rage Flip)
    Unforgiving

Any skill or passive which I did not list above is just about worthless vs a DH.
Reply Quote
Let's assume you will always reach the target with Ancient Spear (very hard to do already with a DH using +84% movement speed from Tactical Advantage and gear), you have roughly a 50% chance to even land the ancient spear due to the DH's ~3000 Dexterity (I actually use a little more than that even). Now with your 50% critical hit rate, that means only half the time does your Ancient Spear cooldown reset. So you have about a 25% chance of resetting your cooldown on Ancient Spear on the times you even get your spear to reach the DH's hitbox, making it way to random.

Rend is the only viable killing move for Barbarian, it bypasses dodge completely, hits everywhere around the Barbarian at once, and can even be applied during smokescreen. If you get rend to crit, that's always a bonus but non-crits are still good. All other skills/passives set by a Barbarian must aid the Barbarian in one of two ways:

1) Help the Barbarian survive
2) Help the Barbarian apply Rend

If your build has a skill which does not aid in 1 or 2, then remove it and change it to a skill that helps 1 or 2!

Skills/Passives that help (1):
    Ignore Pain
    War Cry
    Threatening Shout
    Overpower - Crushing Advance
    Sprint
    Nerves of Steel
    Relentless
    Inspiring Presence
    Tough as Nails
    Juggernaut (limited use)

Skills/Passives that help (2)
    Furious Charge
    Leap
    Sprint
    Ancient Spear (not Rage Flip)
    Unforgiving

Any skill or passive which I did not list above is just about worthless vs a DH.

You've missed one major detail... i'm not geared for it yet? I only said that at 50% crit currently i've been able to rage flip a barb and a wd to death 5x in a row. When i talk about the build, i'm basing it off where i am at currently and that my opponents are of a similar gear check.

It is doable to a DH, you just need some skill. Like using "Throwing Hammer with 50% stun" to force the DH to SS or become immobile for SotA. I did mention also that it's just a funny trolling build to flip an opponent over and over again.

I also said, i already know how to work rend.

Edit: Isn't Movement speed capped at 24%?
Edited by SKORPIQN#6911 on 4/28/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Edit: Isn't Movement speed capped at 24%?[/quote]
-----

Skorp, movement is only capped at gear level.
You can go well above 24 with skills.

Tac advantage gives DH 60% move spd bonus with smokescreen, vault, and evasive fire use.

Keep at it, I like interesting builds.

I have a bit of a troll build, 200k HP DH, 5mill ehp with gloom and guardian turret.
Having more fun with it than my 430k dps build in pvp. Since the max survivability gives me !@#$
dps, only 65k, I rely on turrets to help get kills.

Hit me up in game for testing if you want, regular or PTR.
Edited by BraveSirRobn#1357 on 5/2/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a similar turret build for pvp using ballistics and engineering. And i've fought health turret user and wore him down with haunt eventually, was a cool build though.
Edited by SKORPIQN#6911 on 5/2/2013 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, haunt is a !@#$%, great reach and very powerful.
Haunt and hex are my two biggest pains.
Can't hit prep when I'm a pig or a chicken...
Reply Quote
Hey Brave, i added you man... would love to test some PvP stuff out with ya in regular, i don't play PTR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]