Diablo® III

§ ShockNadoShards(SNS), CM/WW build [guide]P3

04/30/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Void
1st to post :-)

This doesn't really qualify as a post. It must include an SNS/gearing question. Need some gear help Void?
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 4/30/2013 7:33 PM PDT
very nice guide for cm wizrd... +10

BUMP

BUMP
Great guide as usual :).

Mods should just sticky this guide up.
has it gotten an update in the compendium?

You really run through the 500limit fast piehole, big ups for keepign the sns peeps rollign along. If i ever amass a few bill i'll come here for an upgrade talk lol, till then cheerz.

one thing tho, would a tals ammy without ias be a decent move and getting a wh to cover the ias gap in my setup?
can u make a tl:dr version
Nice guide, lol I actually didn't read this and came to almost the same gear choice just by trial and error. What do you think is my best upgrade now? I'm thinking TriPox or Ice Climber + Rare Trifecta Ring with Intel and Resist.

Current stats (unbuffed with no follower)
4995 Armor
49.5k Hp
801 AR
2.76 IAS
53% CC (57% CC if 4%CC Explosive Blast is taken into account)
330% CD
1428 LoH

Its hard for me to replace one of the zuni pieces due to the 3 pieces set bonus ie 130 intel and 55AR. Any suggestion?
Edited by Devastator#1565 on 5/1/2013 3:52 AM PDT
Looking for gearing suggestions for a newbie SNS myself.

I pieced together my set for pretty cheap. Found the Force luckily. Current budget of 100 mil. Not looking to upgrade every piece until I can get more gold. What are some obvious upgrades for my Wiz that will still keep me at 2.73 breakpoint.

Note: I'm currently working on getting only 6 9ias pieces so I can drop iss on ammy and go CD for dps boost.

I've read the threads but am still kinda confused since dps is so low b
04/30/2013 02:24 PMPosted by PieHole
Storm crow is about 10-100x more expensive than a Mempo.

04/30/2013 02:24 PMPosted by PieHole
And if you can afford a good APOC wand, you can probably afford a CC Mempo.

Small little error in here :-)
Edited by Scroogie#6499 on 5/1/2013 5:09 AM PDT
Hey PieHole

Made quite a few changes since morning

1) Removed Mempo and APOC Chantodo's Force -> Replaced with Stormcrow and Double Intelligence Force
2) Changed Chest piece from a non-armour Tal Rasha's to +263 armour. Lost about 30 raw vitality - well worth the trade-off!
3) Switched back to Ice Climbers for more Intelligence and Vitality
4) Removed Natalya's Reflection (since switched out Natalya Bloody Footprints) and replaced with an AR/LOH ring
5) Removed the Blackthorne's as LOH is currently around 850 ish and put in Inna's for the AS/MS

Net result is an increase in DPS by about 25K with a slight improvement in mitigation from 84.3% to 87.12%.

AS remains just above the 2.73 breakpoint (2.76 as of right now)

Remaining budget is 150 million (+ any sales pending from old items). I would appreciate it if you (or any CM player in the forums) could point out weaknesses that i can work to address going forward

Cheers
Try Evocation instead of Blur. Should help with your freeze lock rendering Blur obsolete.
05/01/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Amos

No, i don't think AS00 frequents the forums anymore. Its linked to the original guide....and at the top of that guide I make a link to the current guide...and say that the original one is out-of-date. I guess that works fine.
05/01/2013 07:32 AMPosted by PieHole

No, i don't think AS00 frequents the forums anymore. Its linked to the original guide....and at the top of that guide I make a link to the current guide...and say that the original one is out-of-date. I guess that works fine.

i am going to troll here every day till you update the dagger guide :-)
05/01/2013 02:35 AMPosted by Amos
one thing tho, would a tals ammy without ias be a decent move and getting a wh to cover the ias gap in my setup?

I don't know....I don't think so. I tried looking for one a few nights ago....I linked a 300 or 400M one to myself that had alot of int and alot of min/max.....and still lost DPS compared to my curent ammy. Its tough to overcome the 90+CD that you can get on a rare vs the 65 CD max from a Tal's. Now,...if you need the VIT, it could be an option (balance losing DPS and gaining life....) and would be a different story. Or if the set bonus were actually worthwhile.....that would help. And the high INT does count as AR...so there's a little mitigation boost. Otherwise...I think you're better off with a rare.

I saw a bunch of guys with tal's ammy's awhile ago, but I don't think there was the availablility of CD/CC or trifecta rare (or crafted) ammys there there are now....so it was viable then...but probably not now. Or maybe it was trifecta Tal's. That might be a different story. Trifecta with that much INT and VIT could be great. At any rate...not the same story just for CC/CD.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 5/1/2013 10:35 AM PDT
@amos if you are set on keeping the tal bonus then yes the ammy WH combo will increase your overall DPS provided you get a tal ammy with high CC and CD. I personally would say break the set and get a storm crow, rare ammy with 9cc and 90cd, a WH, this will give more LOH creating more surviveability if you want to keep the tal source the 27 to 30 APOC will be nice for meteors and you will still have the 3% fire skill damage which is your main DPS from metes. I think you will see your DPS and survivability take a huge jump with those changes. You can also get alot more intel and avg dmg on the tal source.

@General the functionality of your wiz looks so much better now how does the play feel? Also 3% mit is a really good jump. Going from 87 to 89 gets expensive and tough. You need to start looking to upgrade your rings and gloves with CD but it will be expensive since that is where alot of your AR is coming from. Good job on the rebuild and good luck pushing it further.
05/01/2013 03:45 AMPosted by Devastator
53% CC (57% CC if 4%CC Explosive Blast is taken into account)

I think I might sidestep your question,....and comment on a few other things.

EB only makes up a small contribution to the CC profile of the build. WW accounts for, like, 85-90% or more of the crits (or procs, really), whereas crits from EB and SA make up the other 15%. So, if you had a +WW mod on an item, you could pretty much just add that to your CC total....but not EB. Sorry.

1434 life on hit is way overkill. I guess there's a thread going around where (LoH is the new mit)...and, sure, maybe that's the flavor of the day...but about 800 is really considered the sweet spot. Interestingly, you pretty much have that covered with just your ammy!! And, you could probably live with just that much...but it might be a little thing. If you had a ring with simply 200 LoH (like your skull grasp) then that would be alot more affordable. I'd try dropping your Zuni ring for a run or three and see how it feels. If you're OK with that, then you just opened up a very expensive affix on your ring.

You've done very well with your CC considering that it doesn't have any CC. Maxing CC on your other items has to get old...and expensive. If you went tripox, then you could either live with that extra CC...or "spend" if on a 9CC Ammy instead, for instance. It'd give you some flexibility.

Othwewise, you're looking pretty good. Your mit looks nice at 89%. You could still manage to push up your AR a little bit while dropping armor. Just make sure your mit stays the same....and dropping the armor affix will open up a slot for a different/better roll.

Nice toon though!
04/30/2013 07:28 PMPosted by PieHole
Awesome, kinda cool to know that I am now what is considered "High Level". Rock and roll!

WTF....*I'm* only "High" level?!?!

Who the heck makes up these arbitrary designations?

That's a good question. -_- I was fine with feeling "intermediate" with my lameboi-inspired build.
05/01/2013 09:15 AMPosted by psyonix
with my lameboi-inspired build.

Well, he has a new build now.

Like, a new one every day, lol.
05/01/2013 11:10 AMPosted by PieHole
with my lameboi-inspired build.

Well, he has a new build now.

Like, a new one every day, lol.

troll :P
View profile
In "Andariels Visage" section, change word WAND to OFFHAND.

Damn 10/10 lols nice
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]