Diablo® III

§ ShockNadoShards(SNS), CM/WW build [guide]P3

Thanks for the advice Piehole and Paranoyed

I think i know what i will be setting ym sights on, at least now i have a clearer goal for my farming. I'm afraid i will have to break up the tal set as your guys suggested - Looks like stormcrow, wh are my goals for now to help beef my meteors.

thanks again folks. My goals are now affordable lol.

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I have a decent WH I will sell you cheap. Can't remember the exact stats but it is armor and 9% IAS with 36% CD I know. I just forget what the int roll is.
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
05/03/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Steveb
perhaps you could browse me and give me your opinion? no bull, after reading this you are the man!

Bravo!!

Holy mother of creation......somebody read the guide, paid attention, and did what they were supposed to do!!!

That's a great job for 3.01. Yeah, the DPS is lower, but you'll get that at 3.01 breakpoint. I also might consider dropping a point of CC from lacunis and gloves for more DPS (INT, CD, whatever)...the better freeze at 3.01 probably won't miss a few CC. I'd also probably have gone SC/non-APOC wand, but that's just my personal preference. You also have 3 points of IAS to play with....I'd look down to 6 IAS gloves and see what you can get (i.e. more INT or CD or AR or something). Also, this setup with the 1.79 wand lets you run 2.73 with 53 IAS (six 9 IAS items or five 9 IAS and one 8 IAS)....so you could drop your lacunis and gloves for example, and still be at 2.73...and have backup ones that jack your DPS up in your stash. I so the opposite....farm at 2.73 and throw on a trifecta ammy and lacunis to make 3.01 for ubers (actaully, my AS is high enough that I don't bother going to 3.01....the freeze is plenty at 2.73+high CC.)

But, yeah, any criticisms are mostly nitpicks. Solid all the way around. Great job...and you'll be great in ubers!!
@Steveb Yeah I also looked over your gear and thought... that's the nicest CM-from-scratch I think I've seen. Your next upgrade is super easy too: put 30-40 paragon levels on that bad boy for 100INT/50VIT. Easy, fun, and costs $0 gold. Nice work.
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@worl

My favorite, or not favorite, are the ones that come in here and say, "love you guide, great resource, helped me out alot" blah, blah...and ask how they did...or what their next upgrade is. And they have like 3800 armor and missed a breakpoint. Or have a 120-125 Avg damage APOC Force/non-CC Mempo setup.

Huh?

I think once, as nicely as I could, told someone to go back and read the guide again. Funny.

Steve paid attention.
I have two wands and don't know which is better for me to build around. Goal is to increase DPS to upper 100k. Not sure if these wands will do it and which one would be better.

1065dps, 1.78, 10 apoc
1167dps, 1.76, 10 apoc

I know about the slow vs fast will, but which one would be cheaper to build around, targeting 180k dps, or do I need a new wand altogether?
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@flinkleses

I was going to say to use the 1.76 one while you work on upgrading all of your gear to 9's....and then switch to the 1.78 one...but, seems like you're already geared around the 1.78 one...So i'd stick with it. ultimately, the DPS on it is too low to get you over 150k.

If you wanted to use the 1.76 one my first advice would be to lose the crafted bracers (cause you need to keep the super high CD on your ammy since you don't have it on your Chant Will). But no way in **** you're taking that thing off. Except for the 0.5CC, yours is a tick or two higher in each stat than mine. Congrats on that roll....pretty epic (damned arcane/cold rolls!!! lol).

Also, keep an eye out for a 1.79 one with less DPS than the corresponding 1.78 for the same cost. The one 8 IAS item that you use can be huge (difference between and 8 and 9 for Forces can be dramatic, same for Chests, and WH's.). So, use d3up.com to model a few scenarios to see which one would work best for you.

Here's a snapshot of my gear when I was just over 150k DPS:
http://d3up.com/b/488406/galinda

And i was using an 1150+ Chant Will.
Pie ... been testing different things out to see what works and where I can push it a little. I changed out the nats ring and boots and purchased ice climbers w/o MS and a lit ring. That worked out well as you had suggested for my build and running in a group I never felt slow @12%. I tried pushing my luck today by switching to depth diggers, this meant a large reduction in loh from 1200 down to 742... also my life is 26k now but a large dps gain. I kept my other pants in my bag as I knew @ mp10 I would last a heartbeat... but I was good, run after run I wasn't dying. I do run with unstable just in case @ mp10 ...which I switch to glass @ lower levels for farming. I now have about 240k dps normally and for the farm the scoundrel and glass buff I have about 303k. Anyway just letting you know that this experiment is working for me and really hoping this info would be of use to you
Hi!

I wanted to thank you, PieHole. I followed your guide, trying to improve my wizard. Since my budget was not enormous I was only trying to improve my wizard so I was happy when I succeeded to make my wizard very close to the 100M one for cheaper than I thought possible by following your gearing advices:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aesahaettr-2377/hero/8735744

Here she is ^^
I'm also very happy with the build which is funnier than the CM one I used before.
I'm not going to ask what will be my next piece of equipment but I hope I did pay attention while reading the guide xD
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Thanks for the comments Griz.

Yeah, the high ping does change things. If you're at 200 or more you really should abandon thoughts of 3.01. The keystrokes just don't register fast enough. I'd stick to 2.73. If you want to have the feel of 3.01 though, you might be able to stack CC like I do. Then again....that might just lead to the same problems. Sorry. Do you see or feel a difference in freezing ability between 3.01 and 2.73? You shouldn't...but then again, i've never experienced ping that high personally, so i'm just going off of forum member's comments.

Unfortunately you're wearing your archon gear, so I can't comment on specific items. In general, you can do whatever you need to to drop your AR down closer to 2.73. That should allow you to add more DPS. Also, your LoH is really high. only 800 is typically needed. Ofc, if you're more comfortable with higher LoH with your ping, that's understandable. You could manage a little more mit...crossing 89 is a really good place to be. Your life is also high...40-45 is even a good place. I'd love to be there myself, lol. The again, maybe you like the extra life b/c of the ping again.

Cheers!
05/03/2013 10:46 AMPosted by PieHole
perhaps you could browse me and give me your opinion? no bull, after reading this you are the man!

Bravo!!

Holy mother of creation......somebody read the guide, paid attention, and did what they were supposed to do!!!

That's a great job for 3.01. Yeah, the DPS is lower, but you'll get that at 3.01 breakpoint. I also might consider dropping a point of CC from lacunis and gloves for more DPS (INT, CD, whatever)...the better freeze at 3.01 probably won't miss a few CC. I'd also probably have gone SC/non-APOC wand, but that's just my personal preference. You also have 3 points of IAS to play with....I'd look down to 6 IAS gloves and see what you can get (i.e. more INT or CD or AR or something). Also, this setup with the 1.79 wand lets you run 2.73 with 53 IAS (six 9 IAS items or five 9 IAS and one 8 IAS)....so you could drop your lacunis and gloves for example, and still be at 2.73...and have backup ones that jack your DPS up in your stash. I so the opposite....farm at 2.73 and throw on a trifecta ammy and lacunis to make 3.01 for ubers (actaully, my AS is high enough that I don't bother going to 3.01....the freeze is plenty at 2.73+high CC.)

But, yeah, any criticisms are mostly nitpicks. Solid all the way around. Great job...and you'll be great in ubers!!

wow praise indeed.... thanks. made me feel good.

i have a socketted cw in my stash 1087dps 1.65as 177 int, with a 31% emerald it gives me 14320 extra damage but drops me tp 2.82. i will use it for farming at lower levels?

as for dropping my lacunis..... they cast me the most of all the kit. took me a long time before i clicked buy. most expensive item i ever bought. the change in weapon gives me more dps than changing the lacunis. think that will keep me happier?

the time and money spent on building this guy is getting silly, so i am gonna just play. some paras will help.

thanks a mill for the guide. spending the sort of doe i did without help was a daunting thought? you solved that. i would recommend this to anyone.

steveb
05/03/2013 10:59 AMPosted by Worloega
@Steveb Yeah I also looked over your gear and thought... that's the nicest CM-from-scratch I think I've seen. Your next upgrade is super easy too: put 30-40 paragon levels on that bad boy for 100INT/50VIT. Easy, fun, and costs $0 gold. Nice work.

thanks mate, yeh thats gonna put some muscles on the boy!
Hit a wall @210k ,57pc crit chance and 2.73 bp :( Pls tell me what to upgrade

. I was low on resists and hence swapped my Tals' for a Zuni's set. Gained 90k EHP at the cost of 15k dps.
I am about to give up. When I first started CM wiz, it was really fun. Freezing and killing. Then I get all my other gear to 9 IAS to hit 2.74 without bubble, i get around 120k dps. AR 850 and A 4100. I find that i die a lot, even on white mobs on MP5. Current setup is 2.74 with AR, I only replace one 9IAS slot on glove in favour for dps. Mit wise is very similar. I still die a lot.

Can give some pointer?
I see that you used to be a barb. Do you try to "stand and deliver " on desecrator/poison pools. Old habits die hard :D. Your mitigation is good. You cannot die if you keep things frozen. For that you need Crit chance to proc CM. And 40% is not going to cut it. Bring it to 50 and you will see the true power of the CM build
My cc is 49 or 52 depends on which setup I use. With deep freeze, I get another +15cc. That should not be the problem. I tried move around on ground aoe. That might be one reason. But dying on white mob every once a while is horrible, and at MP5.
Edited by Coolvan31#6976 on 5/5/2013 8:42 AM PDT
How do you play ? This is my mapping

1- Diamond shards
2- Explosive Blast
3- Frost Nova

Teleport into a mob. Hold the left mouse button on some random monster in the pack.You need atleast 3-4 seconds before wicked wind starts to kick in to fuel the build.

Hold down 1,2 always. Contrary to popular belief, you dont have to do 1-2-3 till you get Carpal tunnel.
Hold 1,2 permanently and just keep pressing 3, with left mouse casting wicked wind on some random monster periodically. Once they freeze, its just easy mode Do the same till they freeze to death.

If you are dying too much, get Unstable Anomaly. Saved me on numerous occasions.
My sequence if I use tele :

1) tele in middle of pack
2) press DS and FN
3) press WW
4) wait till arcane full
5) spam FN, DS and EB

Even full swing u can die while killing elite. There are times I noticed ground AOE I just tele around. There are times I missed those. To be frank, I am not really alert if those, probably due to barb cc immunity.
Hi everyone

Thanks for the great guide and the only problem is I read it only after following one of the 50m youtube guides. So I am still undoing some of the mistakes, sigh.

Some minor questions: if EB is used later than the other two skills, why is it in the middle (no. 2)?

How is mit calculated?

Crafting doesn't seem to be the route to go to since we have to maintain IAS and defence while raising dps? Which might not be a bad thing since prices have dropped.

Main question: any suggestions for cheap upgrades at this point? I still have some defence benchmarks to reach (notably armour, a bit of AR), although I do have Litany. But mainly easiest ways to raise dps? I have 100m.

Thanks a bunch!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]