Diablo® III

§ ShockNadoShards(SNS), CM/WW build [guide]P3

wow piehole you are the best. sorry for the late reply, thanks for helping me reach the 100k dmg hehe didnt know it was my chantodo force.
i read from your guide, it says that if my connection is more than 200ms it would be useless to reach the 2.73AS ? since my connection is more than 200ms is it ok with my 2.51AS ?
I love this thread, I remember I posted back on P1, and then I briefly dropped the game, well now I'm back and looking for some more advice.

Currently sitting at:

DPS 138,555.36
EHP 396,237.98
HP 47,742.21
APS 2.814
CC 46.5%
CD 219%
Armor 4,424
AR 772.3
LoH 827

Things I want to address:
1) I really want to hit that 200k DPS mark (#1 Priority)
2) Lower my APS to 2.73
3) Increase my CC to 55% range
4) Increase armor to 5000 range
5) Increase AR to 800 range
6) Lower HP to 40-45k range

Questions:
1) Would it be wise to switch over to OS Chants Will + AR Lacunis for more DPS? (I really don't want to buy Lacuni's but I will if it means more DPS)
2) I have kind of a starter Zuni boot, and really want to pair up a triPox, should this be next upgrade? (Don't feel like going Nat's since I already have 1 Zuni item)
3) Do I have to go Mempo + APOC source to cross 200k DPS?
4) Should I keep crafting? I'm currently at 250+ Ammy, 80+ Bracers, 50+ Shoulders, 100+ Gloves and nothing...

Anyways looking forward to some great advice from Pie as always.

Thanks
Where do i go from here?

Thanks again for your support, piehole!

I recently came across this wonderful source (given to me by a friend!), which enabled me to wear the mempo I had in my stash for the archon build.

I know that I am short on crit chance - does that mean going tripox now?

I am camping the ah for an amulet with attac speed in the meantime to be able to wear my zuni chest and become immortal ;-) at 2.74 changing from Tal Rashas (btw : Yes, 7% elite damage reduction goes a long way!).

What would be your advice, as I am not ready to buy a 6 crit mempo at these ridicolous prices. Anyway tripox and 6 crit mempo would be insanely expensive. Are there any more worthwhile alternatives?

Thank you in advance

Luzie
Edited by Luzie#2255 on 5/6/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Fantastic guide. I'm very new to the wiz community and just yesterday built my wiz from scratch using this guide. I only had a budget of 400m. I feel I could have gotten much better gear for the money I spent. In comparison to most everyone else on this thread, I certainly seem to be in the bottom tier when it comes to DPS and EHP. Any pointers on what I should be looking for next, or what it is that's inhibiting me so harshly? Particularly my DPS.
Edited by ZHyde#1595 on 5/6/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Coolvan/Haxx

Thanks for the help Haxx. His advice is right on. And you're running the sequence correctly, i.e. holding off on EB until AP is full, since its a big AP spender.

You're mit is pretty good, you should not die to white mobs, really, under any circumstances. I wonder if you have a latency issue...(above 150 ping?) because that might cause some keystrokes to get missed. Running at 2.5 breakpoint will also results in poorer freezing and lower AP returns than running at 2.73 - - but you mentioned that you get to both, depending on your situation.

Try switching from shards to shell, and see what effect that has. If it helps, then it suggests that either:
1) you need more mit to support your playstyle
2) you need to be more conservative in your playstyle to support your mit.
@rahl

1) you can bind skills on any keys that you want. It doesn't matter that EB is 2...could be 1 or 3. I have a macro that spams FN/EB/DS as well as one that spams just FN/DS (for the beginning of an encounter, until AP refills....its rarely necessary for me to use this one, but I do occasionally). If i'm doing Ubers, and someone gets picked up by Siege, I just hit DS/EB by hand until they get put back down...then its back to full macro. But binding to 1, 2, or 3 is just personal preference.

2) Mit is calculated by going to d3up.com and porting in your character. You could also use the mit calculator that I have linked in the guide:
http://xn--1fh.ws/post/24090618074/diablo-3-damage-resistance-calculator
You could do it by hand, with a calculator. But I hate math. So I don't know how to do that, lol.
--the mit numbers that are talked about on the forums do NOT include the elite reduction from Chants set (well, because pretty much everyone has it) or from litany. D3up does not include either....We're just talking about base mit. For ME, I'd like to be at 89% with litany...so, in reality its more like 89.5+.

3) crafting can still be important. if you want to get max DPS from your shoulders, you need to at least roll an extra INT roll to get to about 300 or more INT. ofc, you still need AR and probably armor or VIT or something. You probably won't get there from the VW market. If you do an IAS wand, like myself, then bracers still play a big role. If you use OS Will, then you pretty much have to go lacunis. And, finding a high INT trifecta ammy on the AH is really tough, but you can get there with a crafted one. Ofc, crafted trifecta ammys are probably the hardest thing to roll. But, yeah, I'm sure there's an abundance of ones for low/mid tier players for sure.

4) You have a few easy upgrades I think. VW's could go in two directions...either add more INT or more STR. I had a pair: 150+ STR, 95+VIT, 195INT, 650 ARmor that I could not get rid of for 10M. Made me sad. Sold off as part of a set. Could also keep your same stats but push INT over 200. So, mit vs. DPS. (realizing, also, that 50 more INT = 5 more AR, so DPS=a little mit). I'd like to see more INT out of your boots...since you can only get 100 there I'd try to get closer to that (unfortunately, it is very expensive). Also, try to get at least 50 INT on your nats ring....or CC instead of INT.
@postino

High DPS has the most deleterious effect for players when they try to get to 3.01 breakpoint. Those players drop to 2.73. I did some asking around if players ever dropped down to 2.5 because of latency issues and never got any responses. So. 2.73 should be fine for your latency. 2.50 should be fine as well. its pretty good for farmin, just that the freeze is weaker and you have to be more careful. You have to go to 2.73 to do ubers though.
@muz

3) I'm sitting over 200, still use stormcrow. Aimless is near 250 with stormcrow:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aimless-1700/hero/10258657
Ofc, it takes sick gear to do that. But, it would take different, but equally sick get to do it with Mempo/OS. There aren't really any shortcuts.

2) Alot depends on your budget. If someone gave me 500M, could reach 150k DPS probably. It'd be tough though (I helped to do it for someone a few weeks ago). If someone gave me 2.5-3B I'd get close to 200K DPS...might make it. A good tripox is a 300M item, minimum, no?

I mean...alot of your other questions are budget related. If getting to 150K is tough, getting to 200 is a heck of alot tougher. And I'm not even sure when/if I'll make it to 250. There's alot of inflation in the gg items, and that's making them really expensive. The mid tier items largely hold value, while low end items are falling. But you're moving into higher-end items (tripox, 100+INT WH/ 250+INT VW's, 100+INT or 2OS BT pants, etc).

That being said, if you went 1.64/65 OS Will then you'd need an 8/9 IAS Lacunai (it requires 2 switches for me....which I'm looking at, but is SO, So, so difficult to do. However, you're halfway there). Main problem with lacuni, is you'll likely only be able to keep one of: INT, VIT/STR, AR, or Armor. Might be able to keep two, if the values are lower. And you'll probably have to lose a few CC to do that.

Basically, plug the options into d3up.com. I'd start with Lacunis: 5CC, 60 AR lacunis and see what adding INT would do (you seem to have the life to spare). You can drop CC if you intend on adding CC to your left ring (Tripox). Then...add in a Chant will that you can afford. Check the AR to make sure you hit breakpoint.

Good luck!
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 5/6/2013 10:54 AM PDT
Griz,

Dam**t Griz. Now you're out-gearing me. Its not nice to show up the teacher.

Get out of here. Don't come back.

Good job. Really good job.
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 5/6/2013 10:59 AM PDT
@luzie

Dam**t Luzie (I'm cursing alot this afternoon). Damn fine ammy. I can't complain with my bracers, but I've had no luck with ammy's so far. Fine shoulders as well.

Looks like tripox is your next upgrade. Not much more to squeeze out of your other pieces. Inna's only gives you 1CC, and would cause other issues, obviously. Getting a 5.5CC Mempo would be really, really expensive. And i'm sure 6IAS is astronomical. Getting a 3 or 4 CC tripox should be pretty cheap by comparison. You'll pretty much always be limited to ~50CC with Zuni set.

Good luck....thanks for the comments!
05/06/2013 07:46 AMPosted by ZHyde
what it is that's inhibiting me so harshly?

Budget? lol.

I thought you did really, really well when I first saw your DPS (146K) with your 400M budget. Then I saw your %mit (85.2%) and understood why. Not that you did badly.....You just went more DPS than mit. I did a little better with a 500M budget (I think i reached 700-ish) AR with 4500 armor when I helped someone out a few weeks ago. Actually, there were 3 of us looking for gear, not just one person, so we had alot of ideas and eyes out there...so, don't feel bad. You did a little above average, if I had to grade and alot better than most people.....and hit the main points (good AS, LoH, and CC)...and hit a subtle points (double INT Chant Force). Even though your DPS can manage MP6 or mabye 7 easily with your DPS, you're gonna be very glassy. Which if probably why you're using Energy armor (which is costing you about 40% eDPS). I suggest a mit% of 87 to be comfortable there using storm armor. That means another 200 AR, or 140 AR and 500 Armor, or more INT + AR + Armor or any combination thereof.

Also, don't discount what 100 paragon levels will do for the top tier GG guys. Or even 80, if you check me out. Getting to 150K DPS with good mit is the first challenge. Getting to 200 is really, really tough which maintaining balance....and alot of your gear pieces start costing 250-300M or more. Get to 250k and above is requiring me to look at 500M pieces at a minimum (and I have one 1B+ piece already (nats ring)). So, don't feel like you did much wrong.

So, that's you you need to work on. I'd look to add AR to my gloves (instead of armor if you have to). Im thinking you could also get a force with more avg damage (though, with VIT is really expensive). Lacunis with AR. You might have to take a 10-15k DPS step backward to get your mit up to play on the higher MP's (with storm armor). Unless you put more gold into your items, that it.

Good luck!
All caught up on the guide, I think. Its been a busy week with starting P3 and all. Plus, I don't do forums too much on the weekends. If you asked a question in the last week and I didn't answer it just remind about it. I probably missed it in the mess, and I apologize.
Hey guys,

first time I am going to post something here in the US Forum. Considerging Luzie's gear:

Trifecta Pox is definitely the right way to go, considering the current status of your gear. Since you've been lacking some critchance (~46%) a tripox could close that gap a bit. Getting a 5,5/6CC Mempo is ridiculously expensive and should be your last upgrade. In addition to this you could try to get more CC on your neck (10CC) - crafting crafting crafting (ugly but the truth). From my point of view you can go two ways, whereas both include a tripox:

(i) Get a new neck with CC/CD/IAS or (ii) stay put with a CC/CD/LoH neck

(i) If you choose this way, you can actually get rid of an IAS slot you are currently using up, but you'll have to reschedule your LoH. Back to Zuni Chest would be a great option for instance (+AR, +Armor, +3Set Bonus AR), that would make you a hell of a lot tankier (even considering AR has a higher dimishing returns in comparison to elite reduction - this should be fine since you already stacked 13% eReduction!). If you are going for the Zuni Chest and you are not in desperate need of AR (you are not!) you can remove the Zuni Boots and get some really nice Iceclimbers (Elemental DMG on Zuni Boots is great, but remember: Chantods is not a BlackWeapon). You don't even need to get 12ms Iceclimber - 12ms on a CM Sorc is "okay" - I am not saying great, it is just "okay". At that point you'll still need to regear the LoH. Blackthrones Pants is the obvious choice. From here on you'll have to make the decision to either stick to the ~450LoH from Blackthrones (which can be fine with your amount of AR/Armor) or to regear some LoH on your rings. Don't try to get a Tripox+LoH, that ones are more valuable than your whole current CM sorc is (sad but true). You might have to rethink your decision about your litany and switch to a strong rare (expensive again).

(ii) This is the more obious way to go (based on your current stats of your neck). Still: You'll have to get back to crafting necks at some point, since your current one is far away from perfect. Depthdiggers or Innas 9ias/75AR would be a valuable choise at that point, since you already can afford your own choice of pants and you're not forced to stuck with Blackthrones. Depthdiggers are an obvious call (high Int/Vit, 2sock). From my point of view you should try the Innas build, which would allow you to get back to Zunis Chest again (if you desire so). Having your LoH on your neck is a great for you, since you won't be too restriced on LoH affixes with rings (such as a tripox) - nevertheless you'll have to get your ias/dmg with your rings if you choose to go along this way.

To put it in a nutshell: Your build is very stable and yaou have some very nice pieces of gear (offhand, witching hour). Fine tuning is all you are going to do right now - so get a fixed very strong neck. Keep in mind: That is a luxury problem you have. Your CM Sorc already breaks the game (MS10 no problem).

So far kind regards,
sVr
Edited by svr90goes#1919 on 5/6/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Awesome post sVr.

Its always enjoyable to hear other points of view. Continue with the contributions!

Thanks you, and Cheers!

--pie
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 5/6/2013 1:24 PM PDT
PieHole - Been debating if trying to gear up to 250k dps is worth it. Doesn't seem possible without having to overhaul my current gear. While still trying to maintain my 89% mit.
@rahl

2) Mit is calculated by going to d3up.com and porting in your character. You could also use the mit calculator that I have linked in the guide:
http://xn--1fh.ws/post/24090618074/diablo-3-damage-resistance-calculator
You could do it by hand, with a calculator. But I hate math. So I don't know how to do that, lol.
--the mit numbers that are talked about on the forums do NOT include the elite reduction from Chants set (well, because pretty much everyone has it) or from litany. D3up does not include either....We're just talking about base mit. For ME, I'd like to be at 89% with litany...so, in reality its more like 89.5+.

Thanks Pie for the great advice. Have made some investments and although sad to lose the pickup, I will have to live with it. I made a decent pair of crafted gloves last night and will try with the ammy.
05/06/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Neoshinji
Been debating if trying to gear up to 250k dps is worth it.

When you figure out if its worth it or not, let me know. I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Upgrades are about 300-500M per slot at this point....sometimes more.....and that doesn't include Chant Force, ofc. That's like, 1B+.

Ugh.
hi pie

thanks for the imput, its invaluable.

one thing that hits you playing this style is indeed the keystrokes. wow i find it hard to adjust. i had my dogs and sacrifice on the mouse wheel on my wd and was able to just scroll up and down to both attack and stay alive. with my wiz i am disappointed that it cant work.

i quote your comment here:

1) you can bind skills on any keys that you want. It doesn't matter that EB is 2...could be 1 or 3. I have a macro that spams FN/EB/DS as well as one that spams just FN/DS (for the beginning of an encounter, until AP refills....its rarely necessary for me to use this one, but I do occasionally). If i'm doing Ubers, and someone gets picked up by Siege, I just hit DS/EB by hand until they get put back down...then its back to full macro. But binding to 1, 2, or 3 is just personal preference.

any chance you can enlighten me on how you do this? also if you are using "other than keystrokes" is it legal. i have invested so much time into my guys that i dont want to get banned?
@rahl

Nice looking gloves. Better than anything I've ever made. Kinda like INT taskers, just CD instead of AS. Someone had taskers like that on the AH for 1.5B, so if CD = IAS....which is debatable.....then you did well.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8769057828
Ofc, tough/timpossible to hit trifecta with VIT and AR and Armor. Or just trifecta. But you can always dream. I guess the reason that I stopped crafting gloves after 100 is that I figured that I really needed trifecta...and the AS had to be 8 or 9. And If I came up with 7, then I'd be realy, really, really pissed. I guess I could gear around them, but i'd have to drop my 1.78/1.79 IAS wand setup. So, I stopped gloves and moved to ammy. And I'll be at the mercy of RNG whether I roll difecta, trifecta, AR, LoH, etc. So far, nothing, lol.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]