Diablo® III

Disconnecting problems Please HELP

I have been having disconnect issues for the past month and a half and I can't seem to find a solution so I need some help. I'll be on sometimes for a couple of hours just fine then get kicked off sever. Sometimes it only takes a few minuets. I have tried a few of the tips blizzard gives you, but they don't help. Sometimes they make it worse. Has anyone else suffered these problems and or found solution to it. I'm almost ready to hang up the ol Diablo3 game for good. Does being wireless have anything to do with it?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
SirAlday,

04/30/2013 01:03 PMPosted by SirAlday
Does being wireless have anything to do with it?

It could easily be the problem.

If you're using a wireless connection of any kind, please try to connect using a wired connection such as an ethernet cable between your computer's NIC and your modem, bypassing any routers in use as a temporary test. Be sure to disable the wireless connection in the PC when doing this or it will still try to use it.

Wireless connections are unstable in general and many things beyond your control can and often do interfere with the signal integrity. If you stop being disconnected while using a wired connection you will know your wireless is suffering from interference from a nearby source.

If it is possible to do so for your router, switching to a single wireless mode B,G, or N will potentially provide a more secure connection, with less latency and disconnections. If you do not know how to do this, please check your wireless router's instruction manual, or contact the manufacturer or provider of the wireless router for help setting it up.

"A working class hero is something to be...."

Please provide feedback! - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
04/30/2013 01:03 PMPosted by SirAlday
Does being wireless have anything to do with it?

There are many possible causes, but yes, being on wireless can result in a less stable connection. So can surges in local network traffic, old firmware on the router, other software on the PC, etc.

Usually it is best to post your hardware/PC specs and network specs as well as a tracert. You will also want to post the exact steps you have tried and the results. That should help with troubleshooting.

Edit - I was too slow! Also please try what Omrakos suggested of course :)
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 4/30/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In the event that we are not using a wireless connection, what might be the cause? Of course I know there might be quite a few, but I would like to do a walkthrough nonetheless. Any suggestions?

Here are the specs. Don't remember how to do a tracert though. Can you remind me MissCheetah?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/1/2013, 15:25:17
Machine name: MICHEL-TOUR
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/08/11 11:43:42 Ver: 08.00.15
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 3996MB used, 12381MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
On a wired connection most of what I said also remains true - router firmware, PC network drivers, hardware failures (network cards, routers, modems, cables), network traffic surges, other software on the PC(sometimes even malware), etc.

To run a tracert follow the guidance in here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute You can expect the last few hops to "time out" because they are hidden for security reasons.

As a general rule, it does not hurt to update the drivers on your PC which you can do by visiting the PC manufacturer's website or the maker of the hardware. Try to include video, sound, and network cards at a minimum.

Your router can be a source of problems so ensure the firmware on it is up to date by visiting your manufacturer's website and following directions there. I had to update mine to solve this issue myself.

There are some router software settings that can be tweaked and may help (I will leave that to other players or blues as I am not an expert in those).

Sometimes dealing with your ISP directly is required if you have a failing modem. (often a last resort)

You can try running the game without background applications https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications

You can run a Malware and Virus scan to rule those out - Download, instal, and update Malwarebytes. Run a FULL (not quick) scan with the game up and gibberish in the login fields. There is some malware that only activates under those conditions. When that scan is done, run a FULL Virus scan using something decent. Microsoft Security Essentials is free and not bad these days.

Those are just a few things you can try and should get you going on the troubleshooting!
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 5/1/2013 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]