Diablo® III

Pushing BigBaller's set to the limits

Hey guys, just making a thread to show some of the untapped potential in one of our members excellent sets. BigBaller approached me and asked me to do some testing for him to see what kind of times I can extract with his set since he is a newly converted HoTA barb and not as comfortable as he would like with the build yet. So I accepted and have been testing his gear on the PTR for him.

Here is the gear I'm testing as seen on BigBaller himself
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBaller-1318/hero/24948676

I have achieved a 2 min 45.37 sec in his set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGVaS363n5w&feature=youtu.be

BigBaller, you have some work to do bud, there is your high water mark, now it's on you to beat it as the owner of the gear :P

You'll of course note this is faster than det0x's WR of 2 min 56 sec and really not too far off the insane 2 min 42 sec I pulled off in a medley of Morpheus and IHSAB's gear I posted here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J82U7-WmhOg&list=UUEhaSKjYn05zAzbkD51e-Aw&index=3
Edited by Death#1408 on 5/3/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Barbs arent OP, jsut the players behind the controls are :D Nice!
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 06:18 PMPosted by RagingKoala
Barbs arent OP, jsut the players behind the controls are :D Nice!

Thanks man :)
Reply Quote
nj duderino
Reply Quote
This just goes to show that the game is not just a gear check. My best time thus far is 4:18 seconds and 25 second Ghom kill. Death shattered that on his first try. I am confident he will break into the 2 minutes since we were discussing the latest and realized he was using my 6/29 vs 6/30 SOJ which most likely even in the run he did above with a magda foul up would have done into the 2 minute range.

I am thoroughly impressed. Also gave me my ideal Hota Cycle. 12 hamers, bash, rend. Never would have figured that out.

Now that I know its possible to break sub 3, I need to hone my HOTA skills since I have always been a WW nut. Cant wait for Deaths final results

Duel Wield HOTA shines again.
Reply Quote
@Death
as always, great work bro

@BigBaller
if u dont mind me asking.. how much would u say u spent on ur set? if u wish to keep that info classified, i completely understand. im just curious. great balance of ehp and dps.
Reply Quote
@Death
as always, great work bro

@BigBaller
if u dont mind me asking.. how much would u say u spent on ur set? if u wish to keep that info classified, i completely understand. im just curious. great balance of ehp and dps.

Without, getting to far off topic.............A lot. If you recall I quit like 5 months back and sold off all my gear RMAH. I made $1500 from my last set. When I did that, I spent about $500 of that and tooled up a Witch doctor. After playing witch doctor for about 4 minutes past level 60, I was like Witch doctors blow! What did I just do. So I sold off All my witch doctor gear. Took a bath only got about $300 back. Anyway, I had about 6billion in gold and $1300 in my PayPal acct from my Firesale. I spent all my gold first for obvious reason and about $400 of my $1300 of the my proceeds back into my barb. Then I bought a mac lap top.

Anyway, I about two months ago I realized all the good items were migrating to RMAH. it was at that point that I began flipping From GAH to RMAH. Once I built up a good base, it became Flipping Tycoon but strictly on the RMAH. I have never looked back and will never flip on the GAH anymore.....Its sucks and you get 1/4 the returns. Its much more lucrative and less competitve to flip on RMAH as people are scared to do it. Build up about $200 balance and your good to go. Grand total This toon has at least 10 12bin gold the $400 I put back and at a minimum another $600 from RMAH flipping if not more. I operate like a poker player......I always keep a running bank roll. And only use the what I make and anything I earn I keep in the bank roll. I have had offers of $2000 in game before. But I dont trust anyone and I dont flip for money. I flip for the game.

I have coached several others who have decided to go to the darkside of RMAH house flipping. In my opinion its a must now. GAH flipping is for the birds. Farming is even more retarded. I will not write a post on it as it will draw to much attention and there are some uniques tactics. If your not good at flipping in the GAH do not attempt in RMAH. You will lose money. and no matter how good you are you will still lose on some items. I lost $129 dollars once trying to flip a mempo before realizing I mis read a stat. If you not willing to lsoe from time to time. Dont bother.

Anyways, for those who read this and have questions hit me up in game. I dont want the tread to get derailed. In gold value the toons is probably 20+ billion if I had to guess. I will quote a well known player around here by the name of JOCH on his quitting thread. This games sucks and end game is RMAH selling. In my case I still like playing love the community and believe end game is RMAH flipping now. Keep up with the trends.
Reply Quote
Then I bought a mac lap top.

I was gonna say money well spent, but then I saw this..... :)
Reply Quote
@ BigBaller you mean optimal rotation is 12 HoTA, Rend, Bash ;)
Reply Quote
yes optimal rotation. I stand corrected. Looking forward to seeing the final Timed out come Death. Again, nice work thus far. Greatly appreciated as well taking the time to test run my sh1t.

I can see now why the WW group never had a chance in the uber competition. My set for ww hits really hard as I have a few pices I swap out for higher tDPS which brings to about 3.3mil tDPS. This Hota hits twice that.

WW just can not hang against Hota in UBERS. However, now that I can do both extrmely well, WW in my opinion still smoke is it farming. I dont care what anyone says...........Wrath upkeep can not be kept at the same level WW can.

My conclusion...........nothing beats a duel wield setup. YOu get the best of both worlds assuming you gear properly. YOu can do WW for famring and rock and roll. And when you want ubers switch to HOTA and be Hulk Smash. Duel Wield is King!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Is all about gear and skills not DW is king lol

2 hander can do far greater damage if properly geared

Dont underestimate others especially those that kept silent
Reply Quote
Didn't that already get disproved? Skorn (feel free to prove otherwise) as been unable to touch times posted by DW players as DW sets. Hell, didn't death just explore this !@#$ out of this topic on the ptr?
Reply Quote
Is all about gear and skills not DW is king lol

2 hander can do far greater damage if properly geared

Dont underestimate others especially those that kept silent

I disagree. Assuming all other pieces besides weapon/Weapons are top end gear...........IF you take a killer skorn vs two killer one handers, the 2hander can not compete. Total crit damage on duel wield is higher vs a perfect CD skron. Couple that with double the attack speed, a two hander can not compete. There is a reasaon why two 1 handers have the fastest kill times.

If I am wrong then prove it. Not only that you can run HOTA damage numbers and calculate what theoretical max damage on perfect skorn vs Duel wield.......Guess what its lower than duel wield. Now for 95% of population I agree skorn will exceed duel wield. But if you have the gear there is a point in which duel wield surpasses it. Don't come and say something then do nothing to back it up.
Edited by BigBaller#1318 on 5/1/2013 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well in that case, since Death is the one using your gear to do the run why not let him do a run with my gear as well

If Death is up to it :)

Death is time to prove all 2hander brotherhood worthy to stand tall!!
Reply Quote
There is a reason why 3-4b can buy a super gg Skorn, but super GG one handers go for 10s of billions or more.
Reply Quote
It's not just a blanket statement that DW is better than a 2H setup. In fact its quite the opposite in 99% of situations. Most people in this game (myself included) will never have the gold to be able to afford a DW set that will outperform a 2H setup. This simple fact is that bang for bucks a Skorn wins hands down, no question about it.

It's not until you start to approach the very end game of gear that DW starts to outperform a good 2H set up. And it just comes down to simple numbers, you can pile on more crit damage with a DW setup than u can with a 2H setup. With a 2H set up your absolute max crit damage on weapons is currently 310% 200 max on weapon and 110 more from gem. A DW setup lets you stack up to 420% so a 2H setup is already at a disadvantage right there, then take into account the faster attack speed and, yes in absolute end game, DW is going to do more damage.

For the vast majority of players however, a Skorn offers more performance and more damage. DW only edges out 2H at the very upper echelon or gear.

I have access to quite a beastly Skorn set up on the PTR that I will be doing some tests with for comparison. And don't scoff at 2H just yet, I'm getting times very very impressive for a 2H set up. Keep an eye on the forums, after I'm done testing BigBallers set, I'm going to give a thorough run through with a 1461 183% CD 5.9% LS Skorn....
Edited by Death#1408 on 5/1/2013 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
scooby doo
Edited by Falconx#2945 on 5/1/2013 2:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's not just a blanket statement that DW is better than a 2H setup. In fact its quite the opposite in 99% of situations. Most people in this game (myself included) will never have the gold to be able to afford a DW set that will outperform a 2H setup. This simple fact is that bang for bucks a Skorn wins hands down, no question about it.

It's not until you start to approach the very end game of gear that DW starts to outperform a good 2H set up. And it just comes down to simple numbers, you can pile on more crit damage with a DW setup than u can with a 2H setup. With a 2H set up your absolute max crit damage on weapons is currently 310% 200 max on weapon and 110 more from gem. A DW setup lets you stack up to 420% so a 2H setup is already at a disadvantage right there, then take into account the faster attack speed and, yes in absolute end game, DW is going to do more damage.

For the vast majority of players however, a Skorn offers more performance and more damage. DW only edges out 2H at the very upper echelon or gear.

I have access to quite a beastly Skorn set up on the PTR that I will be doing some tests with for comparison. And don't scoff at 2H just yet, I'm getting times very very impressive for a 2H set up. Keep an eye on the forums, after I'm done testing BigBallers set, I'm going to give a thorough run through with a 1461 183% CD 5.9% LS Skorn....

Exactly Death. This is what I said as well...............that in 99% of situations SKorn is better and more efficient. Its not until you get to a point your have really strong 1 handers and your crit damage starts blowing away a skorn user. I will be interesting to see if you can beat with a skorn. In order to do so I believe you would need more attack speed. But even then, whatever gear you used(outside of the weapons) it was stacked with IAS, CD etc.......WIth that same gear once you put in two solid One handers you have an xtra 15IAS advantage in IAS and a significant advantage in Crit Damage that a skorn user can "NEVER" have. I just dont see how it can be done.

But I will love to see it, and if anyone can do it Im sure it will be you. I am going to run scenarios now with my HOTA calculator to see if there gear that in theory can do even do this.
Reply Quote
I've been searching and calculating what a top end sword and board can get , here are the results

Top end Sword and Shield setup
Dps - 230-250k unbuffed
Ehp - 2mil - 3 mil

For reference , I have 216k unbuffed and 1.99mil ehp currently
BALLER has 200k unbuffed and 3mil ehp
BigBaller had 230k unbuffed with 2m ehp

Anybody got numbers for dual wield ?
Reply Quote

Death bro,

I will support you all the way if you ever need anything, my gear has ias in all possible slot except for zuni boots 5% so dont hesitate

Yes we has disadvantages on ias and cd but we got huge min damage and double the rend damage :)
2 handers has less gap damage ratio so as for consistent output damage skorn still wins

Go 2 handers !!!!
Edited by KingArthur#1378 on 5/1/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]