Diablo® III

Diablo/SC won't start, won't install.

Double clicked on the SC2 icon, got the little loading circle next to the cursor and then nothing. Same thing happened with Diablo. Googled the problem, deleted Battle.net files and update files. Tried it again, got the Blizzard Updater with the progress bar, it said Updating Blizzard Launcher, then it closed and nothing happened. Uninstalled Diablo and SC2, put in the discs, autorun didn't work. Ran as administartor, didn't work. Downloaded the game clients from battle.net, started up the clients, got the Blizzard updater updating the Blizzard launcher and then nothing. No errors, it just doesn't work. Somebody help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Halldor

Make sure that your Windows Secondary Logon service is enabled.

Here's a support article that will help with that:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/enabling-windows-secondary-logon-service
Edited by Dankorii on 4/25/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried that too. It's enabled. I tried most everything on the help page for troubleshooting on battle.net. Still doesn't work.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Halldor,

It sounds like it could still be a permissions issue regarding Agent since that's used for both games.

Try creating a new Windows User account, add it it to the Administrator's group, then log out of Windows and back in with the new account and try the launchers again.
Yes, this started the installer. Thank you. Does this mean I will only be able to play from this account?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Halldor

Usually, once the game is completely installed, patched, and you have no problems logging in, you can switch back to the original user account without any issues. If you switch over to the old account and continue to have problems, that account's permissions may be too damaged, and sticking to the new admin account may be a better option.

Got some feedback? https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Dankorii
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]