Diablo® III

Witcher Dev: DRM: "worst thing in gaming"

http://www.gamespot.com/news/witcher-dev-drm-is-worst-thing-in-the-gaming-industry-6407588

He calls DRM the "worst thing in the gaming industry". He says that DRM does not stop piracy and only restricts legit players.

Personally, I completely agree.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Reply Quote
so the witcher 3 will be DRM free? good. if u know what i mean ;)
Edited by Rendition#1359 on 5/1/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've pretty much only played online games in the past few years so d3 requiring internet doesn't bother me.

As for drm being always online, I think it does reduce piracy at least to be honest. Not aware of any private simcity servers yet for instance.

This guy is also being a little generous. It's a load of crap a college kid can't afford one game when they go out drinking and doing drugs or whatever.
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Kageki
This guy is also being a little generous. It's a load of crap a college kid can't afford one game when they go out drinking and doing drugs or whatever.

actually in countries like mine - he has a point. gaming is a higher level of leisure/entertainment than for example exquisite food, heavy drinking or drugs. people buy games AFTER these

havent heard about noDRM hampered Witcher 1 or 2 sales. given that they have money for part 3 it seems they know what they are doing

btw anyone who hasnt played it yet - just do it. on hardest difficulty and with newest patch - it is a BLAST. and there are 2 major endings with 3-4 variants each not counting minor differences. just. play. it.
Reply Quote

actually in countries like mine - he has a point. gaming is a higher level of leisure/entertainment than for example exquisite food, heavy drinking or drugs. people buy games AFTER these

havent heard about noDRM hampered Witcher 1 or 2 sales. given that they have money for part 3 it seems they know what they are doing

btw anyone who hasnt played it yet - just do it. on hardest difficulty and with newest patch - it is a BLAST. and there are 2 major endings with 3-4 variants each not counting minor differences. just. play. it.

Well drinking is not a necessity so no bad point.

Here is another persepective on it:

http://www.greenheartgames.com/2013/04/29/what-happens-when-pirates-play-a-game-development-simulator-and-then-go-bankrupt-because-of-piracy/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]