Diablo® III

MissCheetah, new Diablo III Tech MVP!

MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I could not play past Act 2 NM Oasis due to the PC capabilities I had. That left me with forums and of course WoW. What you can't see on here were the years in D2, or the years in WoW. I once ran a 40 person raiding guild and have been active on the CS forums over there for years too. Sort of why I am pretty good at helping out with policy. There is no CS forum here so I do everything I can to help folks with those issues in particular. You will find that 99% of my posts fall into that category. I do not comment on game mechanics, especially end game.

That said, I got a new PC about two weeks ago and have gained 10 levels. Yay for being able to play finally!!!!! Not sure what I will think of end game yet....heh. So many "opinions" on that floating around. My current biggest frustration is that items can have such useless properties!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile
MissCheetah! Wooohooo! Congratulations on your selection as a Blizz Forum MVP! \o/

Although I highly doubt I am the only person to have done so, I sent a nomination in for you back on Jan 16th after seeing your multitude of helpful posts here every time I stopped by to get information to help someone in the game. Does it really take them that long to process nominations? Or have you been declining it, lol? Well, maybe they need X number of nominations before they consider someone, who knows.

In any case, I am utterly delighted to see this honor bestowed upon you for all your dedication and many hours spent helping others!

I'm glad you can finally play the game through to level 60 yourself now (per your post just above mine)! =)

Galx
Reply Quote
05/25/2013 11:39 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I got a new PC about two weeks ago and have gained 10 levels.

Congrats on the new PC. What kind did you get? Few more levels and you will hit 60!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Alienware m14x! w/ the SSD in it. Especially compared to playing on my old work laptop - Dell Inspiron from 2009, it is wonderful!
Reply Quote
Nice - how does it run D3? I always wondered about the 650 mobile series. WEI scores for 3d graphics?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
It runs D3 beautifully with no rubber banding, lag, or stuttering. Smooth as silk. WoW actually is harder on it I think. I managed to get the vid card a bit hot and got a black screen lockup. I think I really just need a proper cooling pad for it.

You just made me google WEI scores....and even so I am thinking I have the wrong definition. I freely admit to not being super technical (more of a CS person), but normally I hear of such things. Ah well. I am at work right now so will have to check it when I get home.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 6/27/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Windows Experience Index

Control Panel / All Control Panel Items / Performance Information & Tools

IE: http://i.imgur.com/LjHQoTB.png
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Yep, I found the link and instructions in my initial search. I have been using XP for so many years I had never even heard of it. I am at work though so don't have access to the awesome PC. I can check the shiny computer when I get back home.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Alrighty...not located in the same place in Win 7. I found it though and it lists a base score of 7.2 however that is based off the Intel integrated card, not the Nvidia card. It has a little warning telling me that if I have a second video card I may see "increased performance". Not sure why it does pick up the second card by default. That is a bit frustrating. Other scores are all good though.

Processor 7.6
Memory 7.9
Intel Vid card 7.2
Graphics memory 7.2
HD 7.9
Reply Quote
Not bad numbers for a $~1000 laptop. My video card and power supply alone was about 80% of that. :) Website specs show nvidia 650 and doesn't even mention the intel. Guess it's just part of the Nvidia "Optimus" design.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Yeah..it switches cards depending on use for power savings or something. I have the ability to force it to use the Nvidia card all the time, but figure that is not worth it. I only forced it to be on when I ran the battlenet beta opt in profile stats.

Also, not a $1000 PC once you get the SSD HD, RAM, monitor, and Vid card upgraded. It was closer to $1500 not counting warranty. I could have gotten a lot more for the money if I built another one, but I really really wanted a laptop this time. This is my first personal PC since 2006 and the first laptop that I ever bought myself.. heh. Work always got them for me but would not buy me a gaming laptop. I did try....
Reply Quote
Wow, $1500 that is an expensive laptop! Hope it lasts a long time. Reviews on the product site are positive! Best of luck!
Reply Quote
I left a post about an error in the "play" screen of login process,can you have someone check it out and get back to me???
Reply Quote
Congrats, Miss Cheetah keep up the good work when it comes to helping and teaching others knowledge.
Reply Quote
Congrats and hope you will continue to be a positive influence on the community and not a target for the trolls and mean spirited posters. I also hope that you do not turn jaded over time and pick fights with posters as I have seen in the past from other shall not be named "greenies".

Cheers,
Reply Quote
It runs D3 beautifully with no rubber banding, lag, or stuttering. Smooth as silk. WoW actually is harder on it I think. I managed to get the vid card a bit hot and got a black screen lockup. I think I really just need a proper cooling pad for it.

You just made me google WEI scores....and even so I am thinking I have the wrong definition. I freely admit to not being super technical (more of a CS person), but normally I hear of such things. Ah well. I am at work right now so will have to check it when I get home.

I would highly recommend that you use a cooling pad with a fan. Overheating is a major cause of laptop deaths, not counting dropping them :) The fact that you have a SSD will make it a lot less likely but I would still get one. Heat is no friend of electronic components.
Reply Quote
Welcome to Blizz. Now fix the god****ed latency issues. Can't even play today. And if I get the "it's not us, it's your ISP" crap, I'll have you know it's NOT my ISP, as ALL my other games work fine, including WoW.
Reply Quote
Welcome. FIX THE D3 lag issues!!! Nov 10,2013 game is unplayable!
Reply Quote
Agreed!!! Except I do not play WOW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]