Diablo® III

How Did you get such awesome gear?

If you want decent gear you gotta pay RL cash. welcome to diablo 3 where your only upgrades wont be found in game but on the AH.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Dabrixmgp
If you want decent gear you gotta pay RL cash. welcome to diablo 3 where your only upgrades wont be found in game but on the AH.

Looking at the number of elite kills you have on your DH haha.. yah... looks that way.

You do not need to use the AH and can use found gear. You just didn't farm enough.
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Dabrixmgp

holy!! how do you have 50k elite kills but your characters add up to around 7k.

magic...
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 10:06 AMPosted by drunky

magic...

Deleted Characters / Hardcore Deaths
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Killua

magic...

Deleted Characters / Hardcore Deaths

That. Before Paragon levels were added when I got to 60 and was bored Id just delete and start over.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the input so far. Real money is only sort-of an option. I can do a few bucks here and there on some radiant gems or whatever, but $250 is too much for me to wanna spend. That seems to leave me with: A) farm the AH or B) farm/grind 'til my eyeballs bleed, then grind another thousand hours.

I'm not super concerned with gearing up quickly, but I would like to have something saved up by the time I hit P100. For the time being, my gear works well for farming XP, which is good enough.

I'm also curious, are we really the most expensive class to gear?
Reply Quote
In paper stats we are not expensive. But when it comes to bang for the buck, we are.
Reply Quote
Definitely agree with AH Flipping. I even got VERY lucky a few times and bought items on Gold AH, flipped them on RMAH and used that cash to upgrade or flip back to gold at better rates.

There are a lot of ways to ratchet up your bank roll in this game.

I have put some Real Money into this game, but it wasn't a tremendous amount for my Demon Hunter, especially considering some players spend $250 on a single item, I don't think I've spent HALF of that on the total of all of my characters, if even a fraction of that.
Reply Quote
The good news for you, Mat, is that a 50 mil upgrade today is a lot better than one six months ago. Like I said earlier, three or so Months ago I bought a Spite for 60 mil. Last week I sold it to some guy in game for 1.5 mil because it wouldn't sell for 7 mil. Lol, most of us have lost millions to inflation.

As far as playing the AH goes, I just couldn't do it, lol. I like playing the game so much that when I fire up D3 I want to be in game ASAP.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 4/30/2013 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/30/2013 05:50 PMPosted by RedCell
three or so Months ago I bought a Spite for 60 mil. Last week I sold it to some guy in game for 1.5 mil because it wouldn't sell for 7 mil. Lol, most of us have lost millions to inflation.

bro, that sounds like DEFLATION to me.
Reply Quote
three or so Months ago I bought a Spite for 60 mil. Last week I sold it to some guy in game for 1.5 mil because it wouldn't sell for 7 mil. Lol, most of us have lost millions to inflation.

bro, that sounds like DEFLATION to me.

Quite right.

P.S. I guess what I was referring to was Item inflation, there are so many more gg items available, that formerly good items aren't worth much any more.
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 4/30/2013 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I started out playing a Wizard and got some really lucky drops and was able to sell some for some pretty high prices. I then started working on building a DH. I bought some really good gear but not the best. But I am able to farm pretty good now up to MP5 and I'm just gonna keep on grinding for more good drops that I can either use or sell. My XBow I got in a trade from a close friend who gave me a great deal. Thanks to him practically giving me the bow I am now getting very close to where I want to be. I am hoping to eventually get a good drop on a better Manticore but until then I am good. Crafting for Shoulders, Amulet & Bracers can pay off big time as well. My Shoulders are very good but I am still crafting now and then trying to get better Bracers and Amulet.

The only thing I am going to add to my DH besides crafting (or useful drops) is some higher Gems on my armor when the time comes. I feel I have spent enough gold on my DH and I will only add better stuff to her if I get drops on equipment that is better than what I already have. I am also working building a monk and I can put a lot of these items on my monk when she reaches level 60.
Edited by Haybaler#1911 on 4/30/2013 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]