Diablo® III

Done. Game Over.

(Locked)

Relies too heavily on your gear, but maybe it's better for the "hold my hand" crowds.... JMHO

*cough*CONSOLES*cough*
So glad that this game is still a PR nightmare for Blizzard. Biggest disappointment in 2012 and still going strong. Not only that, they're silencing posts about the WD exploit when they're the ones who missed the bug report in the PTR. Instead of silencing your player base, how about listening to them?

No surprise that I constantly see "I quit" topics on these forums all the time. I guess Blizzard is content with D3 being a niche game.
View profile
Blizzard would rather not see topics like these. It's bad for their PR.

That said, I agree with OP.
04/29/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Deadlysynz
You do the same thing in Diablo 2 over and over again as well. Just sayin'.

No they didn't.. here is what people did in D2:

- MF runs
- Exp runs
- Hosted exp runs
- Open world PvP
- Rushed characters
- Experimented with different builds (hence why many people had over 20 characters)
- Joined specific chat channels to yap about whatever

How many of those things do you do in D3.. 2? Hmmmmmm

-MF runs: What's keeping you from doing that here? The fact that you don't have to gimp your stats to find more stats? Do you somehow have no MF?
-Exp runs: From what I can tell that's what people do the most here, and you can actually have a choice in where to go do it as opposed to just killing the same boss 15,000 times (baal runs).
-Hosted exp runs: I don't see how that is something different, so far you've just mentioned 3 things that all involve the exact same gameplay, kill things.
-Open world pvp: I'll give you this one.
-Rushed characters: Just google D3 power leveling, you can do the same thing here.
-Experimenting with different builds: You can do that here, only thing is you don't have to find anyone to rush a new character through all the content you don't want to do every single time anyway. Why does everyone complain about having no reason to level new characters when everyone just rushes all their characters to max level as fast as humanly possible anyway?
-Joined specific channels to yap about anything: I see plenty of yapping in the General chat every day, and I see WAY less spam than I ever saw in D2.

Nostalgia is a powerful drug.
04/29/2013 05:42 AMPosted by DeathSlice
Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

You're confusing "fun" with "nostalgia".

Farming/XP running in D3 is basicly act 3 "Breached" over and over and over and over again.
Usually alone, because this game is anti-social.
And the maps are 100% the same, EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN TIME.

In D2:

you could farm for XP ANYWHERE. (act 2 tomb runs were very popular)
games were almost always filled with 8 people. Super fun mass murdering.
maps were different every time.
baalruns had an almost guaranteed Unique item.
Edited by Cthulhu#1172 on 4/29/2013 6:03 AM PDT
L to the OL

"Forget you blizzard, you made a game that only lasted thousands of hours of enjoyment instead of tens of thousands. what a ripoff. If something doesnt happen soon im going back to bejewled."
View profile
id be pissed too once i realized my gems cost more than my gear.
Dont you guys get tired of posting the same talking points over and over again in these threads?

Just asking.
View profile
Dont you guys get tired of posting the same talking points over and over again in these threads?

Just asking.

I am, but it's only because these points are still yet to be addressed.
How can anyone "address" something that's an opinion, like the game being fun or not? That's what makes these threads funny.

This one is pretty civil but a lot of these threads are comical in the amount of butthurt on both sides. Its like lazy trolls come here and make an I quit thread in 5 seconds then get hours of free entertainment from it.
I'll start playing again if they fix the itemization. Finding something good would not be "doing the same thing" - it'd be a whole new experience.
Start a new hardcore character. Don't transfer any money over, and try a class you haven't played much. It sounds that you did like this game at one point, so you should check out the most interesting thing it has to offer.
I like diablo 3 and hate it at the same time.On the bright side it is a fun hack and slash game but theres alot more on the dark side.Im am very angry over how Auction house ruined the game and made the point of the game alll about auction house.Diablo 3 doesnt reward its player for the millions of hours they play but they reward the rich kids who buy the best gear so they can go into everyone else's games and say "lol lookat your shiity gear lol" it reallly is sad and its a joke.In diablo 3 you buy your way to the top its freakin pathetic.ITheres all types of little kids in d3 who love to trash talk about how badass their character is lol its funny because this game isnt about skill at all its about cash why do people talk trash on each other in the first place in d3 theres no point anyone could just buy the best gear once they hit 60.So myes diablo 3 is dead to me i have been playing d2 again but it is really sad the game could be great if they just didnt !@#$ it all up with AH.I never bought items online when i played d2 idk why they even made stupid auction house it destroyed everything diablo stands for.If diablo 3 did NOT have auction house i could see it being a great game but until then lol (like fat evil piggy blizzard willl ever get rid of their money making AH)diablo 3 is horrible as long is there is auction house it defeats the purpose of playing in the first place.I pray blizzard is smart enough to leave auction house out of ps3/4 version of d3.
I don't know. There's something about the game that does warrant replaying. I miss the simplicity of the beginning and was thiiiis close to starting a new, fresh character on perhaps even MP1. One day, I will play this game over with a new character. Maybe even hardcore if I feel I can risk it. It is an enjoyable thought.

There's always the get two of each class to 60 achievement.
Diablo 3 is pointless game based only on farming gold and auction house.Most the time youll be farming gold in act 3 over n over n over again for more gold more better item on auction thats all d3 isabout very very BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to think diablo should only be for pc until i played d3.There is so much clicking in d3 even more then d2 and besides that i work construction everyday working hard with my hands then i come home to play some d3 and god damn it kills my hand.So talk all the crap you want but some people are forced to you knowso stop hating so much and plus diablo 3 sucks because of auction house.Auction house defeats the whole purpose of playing i the first place but blizz hasntsaid anythin about AH in ps3/4 version so that why am am converting to controller hopefully no horrible AH and my hand HURTS!!!!!!! sorrry if my hand going numb a controller doesnt sound to bad now.
It's a disgrace that Blizzard released D3 in the condition it was (and mostly still is) in.

I remember playing on the open beta weekend almost a year ago and being completely fascinated by this game. The anticipation was incredible. My friends and I would get together and talk builds and other ideas.

Today, zero of of us play the game.

What did we get? $60 for a broken, boring, uninspired Auction House Simulator.

The itemization is SO bad in this game, that it forces you to use the Auction House all the time. The last month or so I spent playing Diablo 3 was flipping items on the Auction House, not killing things.

What's probably the most profound thing I took away from this game is how slow Blizzard is. There are independent gaming companies out there making deeper, more creative games with WEEKLY content patches, and Blizzard takes 3 months to fix a bug or add in something small that should have been there at LAUNCH. Ha ha ha oh WOW.

I guess I'll have to wait another year for the next "big" patch. Until then, feel free to tell Blizzard which piece of armor looks the coolest and what color your cat is! Don't ask for real feedback, like what dungeons need additional tiles or how they can break up the monotony of farming for junk.

S.M.H.
Edited by TRIPL3try#1528 on 4/29/2013 7:21 AM PDT

The auction house has always been an option, not an order. Some play without it. I'll look through for cheap items at times and then go back to killing stuff. It is a mystery sometimes how to upgrade your gear, but there's something fun of popping enemies and collecting everything that spews out of them.
04/29/2013 07:19 AMPosted by Lykos

The auction house has always been an option, not an order. Some play without it. I'll look through for cheap items at times and then go back to killing stuff. It is a mystery sometimes how to upgrade your gear, but there's something fun of popping enemies and collecting everything that spews out of them.

even though they are mostly terrible i still get super excited when a set/leg item drops.

I still enjoy doing a couple of key runs a night. But i also understand that diablo games, are for all intents and purposes. not long term affairs. I think ill play after this next patch for a bit then probably take some time off.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]