Diablo® III

Done. Game Over.

(Locked)

D3 chews up and spits out another disappointed gamer...
ure quitting? can i inherit your gear? :)
Wow, $60 for a game that lasted for a year.

Not a bad deal right?

Hint: Diablo 3 is not a MMO game.

I grow weary of this tired response. It is almost like you don't see what other companies are doing to keep their games fresh. Borderlands 2. Read up on it and become educated on how small, more frequent expansion packs can keep a game interesting. Thanks for playing.
View profile
Played it for a year, and now bored senseless.
Reapeat same areas over and over.

Don't know about OP but that's how I played D2. And I moved on as well once D2 got boring.
04/29/2013 06:23 AMPosted by doughb1zzle
id be pissed too once i realized my gems cost more than my gear.

lolz seen that get in here, made me check his profile, perhaps maybe he would have more fun with better gear/skill set up? Whole gear set is worth 1 maybe 2 of those RS gems. Skill setup seems kinda weird to me but maybe it just has to do with me not knowing much about wizards.
I feel basically the same way. Played quite religiously up until a few weeks ago and now that I haven't been online in over two weeks to check auctions/list items and whatever else I used to occupy my time with I feel as though going back to the game in its current state is an absolute waste of my time that could be better spent elsewhere. I really enjoyed this game for the amount of time I've spent playing it and I hold out hope that an expansion will be able to really open up the game's potential. I can also honestly say that I have no plans to play anytime soon even after 1.0.8 drops, being that 1.0.8 can barely even be called a patch, rather it seems to me more like a couple of hotfixes that should have been in the game from Day 1.

Content is what the community wants. Unfortunately the community will not get new content until an expansion comes into play which is likely 6-8 months away. It's sad really.

As a side note; I'm actually considering NOT buying the expansion until I've had a chance to watch a lot of streamer/YouTube content on said expansion that gives it serious critiquing when it finally does comes out. This is the first time I've ever seriously debated whether or not to buy a(n) expansion/DLC pack for a game that I have spent so much time playing. Normally it would be a no brainer, COD map packs? Sure thing. D2 LOD? you betcha. D3 - maybe not. Why is this? Well, it's simple and I think my opinion on the matter matches that of many fans of the franchise. Basically playing any Diablo game/ ARPG/slasher/dungeon crawler etc. takes a lot of time and at this point, unless some serious changes to the game and its itemization are fixed by an expansion in addition to new, fun and engaging content becoming available, the opportunity cost of spending the time playing the game outweighs any potential benefits that I can foresee for myself. Thus, it would not be worth it for me to purchase an expansion. I wish this wasn't the case, but the painful reality of the situation is that it is the case and this may be a project beyond fixing...it was fun while it lasted.
70 Human Rogue

Not a bad deal right?

he never called it an MMO, jesus christ for the love of god use that small "critical thinking skills" you damn lackey
Most f the maps in D3 wll never be randomized because they have been done on very detailed templates full of detail....

Revamping them would require definitely to much work.... but they should have never opted for set map templates no the first hand.... just to ake them lok prettier ind etail. Now we are stuk on this situatin.
70 Human Rogue
the game doesn't need anymore advices, it freaking sucks

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

User Meta-score = 3.8 / 10

you can pay the company idiots for a !@#$%^-, but you cant lie to the fans who play it.
What did you do in D2 that was more unique and fun than anything you do in D3?

Baal Baal Baal Baal Cows Cows Cows Cows Baal Baal Baal

I loved D2. Loved it. But don't complain that D3 is bad because you're doing four areas in A3 over and over. Ten years ago, you did the same exact 2 minute Baal runs ten thousand times.

This is the one comment that irritates me strongly so far. Sorry, but you do not know me. I rarely did baal runs, even if they were most efficient, for MF'ing in D2, because I said "SCREW LOGIC, HORK BARBARIAN AWAY!!" and ran around act 2 screaming at dead corpses, looking at the shiny re-looting that occured. I still do, actually. I was always the barbarian running around with 2 ali-babba's blades with 0 combat skills, re checking the dead for more loot. It was funny as hell, and people when they figured out what I was doing, would WAIT FOR ME to see what popped out. Nothing like killing a champion pack, but knowing there is more around the corner, to wait for the barb to hork out a legendary and make the mad dash grab for it in an 8 person game.

Too bad we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like that here. Literally nothing like that.

(Oh, and forget about standard stat point allocation. I took mana as a barb to fuel the fact I needed so much to hork all the time. Barely enough vit to take a hit, dex like crazy, and more STR then needed for gear. Don't forget a concentration barb that had 4str/1vit EVERY LEVEL, just to see what I can do damage wise when I hit 90-ish. You could do things such as this in D2. I see NOTHING like this, in the slightest, here in D3.)
you got items and fun by playing D2you only get a snorefest by playing the AH in D3one was an excellent game for gamers. the other is a real money trading sim for suckersjust sayin'

Basically, I just stopped using the AH for my characters progression.. ruined the game for me. I could just sit in the AH buy and sell for more. I guess I can't complain though. Made enough money for a free SC2 expansion. I just can't believe people buy D3 items or gold for real money. That's beyond me why you'd waste even more money on D3 lmao...

Not a bad deal right?

It is not about the 60 dollars its about what we expected to enjoy, if the game was 500 dollars but reached expectations i would have payed those 500 dollars.
This is the one comment that irritates me strongly so far. Sorry, but you do not know me. I rarely did baal runs, even if they were most efficient, for MF'ing in D2, because I said "SCREW LOGIC, HORK BARBARIAN AWAY!!" and ran around act 2 screaming at dead corpses, looking at the shiny re-looting that occured. I still do, actually. I was always the barbarian running around with 2 ali-babba's blades with 0 combat skills, re checking the dead for more loot. It was funny as hell, and people when they figured out what I was doing, would WAIT FOR ME to see what popped out. Nothing like killing a champion pack, but knowing there is more around the corner, to wait for the barb to hork out a legendary and make the mad dash grab for it in an 8 person game.Too bad we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like that here. Literally nothing like that.(Oh, and forget about standard stat point allocation. I took mana as a barb to fuel the fact I needed so much to hork all the time. Barely enough vit to take a hit, dex like crazy, and more STR then needed for gear. Don't forget a concentration barb that had 4str/1vit EVERY LEVEL, just to see what I can do damage wise when I hit 90-ish. You could do things such as this in D2. I see NOTHING like this, in the slightest, here in D3.)

You need to understand Blizzard dumbed the game down for the new kids on the block. No reason to level up a new character besides being male or female. No talent tree or stat points was a very bad idea. I don't understand the reasoning behind changing so many mechcanics from Diablo1 and Diablo2. Not sure why we couldn't just add-on to what was already great. I still do a run or two in Diablo3 and played it for a decent amount of hours. But honestly just start pushing it towards being like Diablo2 and you'll gain those players back.... Auction House also ruined the game.. but i'm not going to even get into that.
i'll keep coming back to it for interesting patches

it's that type of game that is worked on and evolves through the years

most franchises now have sequels every year so it's cool to see a game stick around for a long time and get updates

Not a bad deal right?

^ This! I wonder if people who bought Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed will complain if they don't provide you content for a year. This generation of spoiled kids kill me.
View profile
Unless something new happens here, I'm done.
Played it for a year, and now bored senseless.
Reapeat same areas over and over.
This must be a social experiment to see how many time people do the same thing over and over....
Online OCD?

I was waiting fot D3 to become a D2 substitute. I was wrong. Very wrong.
Should have kept D2 and fixed up the graphics....

I was fun, now it's done.

Maybe an expansion pack? (soon)
WOW must use up 99% of Blizzard's time.
Maybe sell Dialbo to another company?

So you are one of the ones that would've wanted Blizz to make treat this game like Activision does their CoD. Well it wouldn't have been as successful. Because the majority of players here on the forums wouldn't have bought it. And the majority of the silent majority wouldn't have bought it either. I would dare say that out of 12 million copies sold it would've only sold around 120,000 copies.
gimme your items please :D
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]