Diablo® III

UNID's icon should be unrecognizable

(Locked)

This essential for me to be excited about drops again.
04/29/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Joren
This essential for me to be excited about drops again.

It would be nice.
Combined with the itemization update, yes.

Otherwise, it would frustrate players even more after ID'ing it. Having the hopes up everytime only to be followed by disappointment 99% of the times is far more draining mentally.
I think that is a good idea... it would make finding a hand crossbow/crossbow exciting for at least a moment until you ID it and it is a dawn and hellrack.
View profile
I would say instead fix itemization where all items have a high chance of being useful. Where legendaries and sets will definitely be useful in some way. Sure that would mean that the drop rates for legendaries and sets would plummet. But if legendaries/sets change where all of them are useful, then it would be worth seeing less of them drop.
04/29/2013 12:19 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
I would say instead fix itemization where all items have a high chance of being useful. Where legendaries and sets will definitely be useful in some way. Sure that would mean that the drop rates for legendaries and sets would plummet. But if legendaries/sets change where all of them are useful, then it would be worth seeing less of them drop.

That is not true. In a game about grinding gear it is no fun to never have any gear drop. Now if they make tiers of gear that range from useful to Godly and the Godly ones drop very infrequently that is OK. But players want to see legendaries it was what keeps most people playing.
Absolutely.
Can't agree more.

Do UNID legendaries show ilvl? If they do, they should hide that too.
Isn't it already a surprise when you see the item drop?

I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed picking up a leg helm only to find an Andy's.
Would make selling unid mempos, echoing furys, etc. a lot harder... But meh. I don't mind it.
This is a fantastic idea.
:)
While I do like the idea, it makes zero sense. What does your character pick up off the ground? A ball of light? Of course you're going to know that you just picked up a 75 pound 2 handed sword. You just won't know the stats.
04/29/2013 03:01 PMPosted by JJLXL
While I do like the idea, it makes zero sense. What does your character pick up off the ground? A ball of light? Of course you're going to know that you just picked up a 75 pound 2 handed sword. You just won't know the stats.

Of course you'd see what kind of item it is. You'll just won't be able to see as which legendary it will roll. A "Legendary Helm" could be an Andy's or a Mempo's, but you won't know.
Game Designer
That's an interesting idea. It is unfortunate when you see a legendary crossbow, pick it up, and realize its a Hellrack. I've got an alternate idea, what if we make all the legendary items good so that you can Actually get excited even if you know it's a Hellrack? ;)
That's an interesting idea. It is unfortunate when you see a legendary crossbow, pick it up, and realize its a Hellrack. I've got an alternate idea, what if we make all the legendary items good so that you can Actually get excited even if you know it's a Hellrack? ;)

Yes please!

This only happens in Hardcore for me :-)

EDIT: If you make icons unrecognizable, this could have drastic effect on the UNID market.
Edited by Feralheart#1686 on 4/29/2013 4:15 PM PDT
Wow, what brilliant insight Travis! Make items you find GOOD! We're so lucky to have you geniuses making D3.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]