Diablo® III

Lack of /nopickup is a critical mechanic flaw

the bigger problem is not being able to see the monsters you are fighting because of 30 blues and 30 whites spamming your screen, even if you have items on the ground showing disabled, when you kill 30 monsters at once you cant see anything for about 15 seconds till all the names disappear. I really enjoy this game but I have been playing more often lately and getting frustrated with these things that could be easily fixed. almost gg.. almost
View profile
06/01/2013 03:47 AMPosted by Barlion
L2click or GTFO.

It's this sort of mindless stupidity that really helps.......

D3 has obscene screen noise, ridiculously fast moving enemies and literally dozens and dozens of junk loot lying at our feet in all the blind mess.

I'll tell ya what, smart guy.

Next time you're dumping junk loot out of your inventory, remember your stupid post. K?
View profile
06/01/2013 04:19 AMPosted by CiViLiaN
the bigger problem is not being able to see the monsters you are fighting because of 30 blues and 30 whites spamming your screen, even if you have items on the ground showing disabled, when you kill 30 monsters at once you cant see anything for about 15 seconds till all the names disappear. I really enjoy this game but I have been playing more often lately and getting frustrated with these things that could be easily fixed. almost gg.. almost

You can change the loot label display to 'Push To Show' and the labels will only show if you depress the ALT button. It's in the Gameplay Options menu under Label Display.

My suggestion is to add another choice to the 3 options provided. That option would read as 'Push ALT To Show and Pick-Up'.

Being able to pick up items while also being able to move and attack with the same button (left-click) is fundamentally flawed. We need to be able to move and attack at will without delay. Picking items up however, that's not a pressing matter and collecting loot can wait.
+1 i want this, and for demonic essence not be the 1st thing to disappear from the screen when theres too much crap on the ground and you have to pick up 10 blues just to see it.
View profile
06/01/2013 06:25 AMPosted by ElDiablo
+1 i want this, and for demonic essence not be the 1st thing to disappear from the screen when theres too much crap on the ground and you have to pick up 10 blues just to see it.

I personally don't like the calls for a label filter to allow players to wipe out certain drops. However, it is annoying when an essence or a rare you want to pick up disappears behind a wall of text.

Blizzard has made it clear that they will not add a filter, and I'm fine with that. A solution to the issue you bring up may be to assign priority to Yellows and Oranges, making sure to display those ahead of lower tiered items.
View profile
Daily bump.
View profile
Shameful that troll topics like this jerk, who's been spamming the forums with his proclamation that he represents all D3 players, are the topics that people flock to and can't stop bumping up.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9165486993

Almost 20 pages in 2 days, all fighting and immature trolling.

The pick-up issue I brought up here appears to really interest most people (like 99.5% of all people posting in this thread). Yet, only 11 pages in 5 weeks.

Where are our priorities? And that goes for you too, Blizzard. Where are the priorities here?
06/03/2013 04:36 AMPosted by BurningRope
Shameful that troll topics like this jerk, who's been spamming the forums with his proclamation that he represents all D3 players, are the topics that people flock to and can't stop bumping up.

Yeah well that's 90% of the Internet (and hell, probably all discussion everywhere) - unintelligent social trolls who stir the pot and create unnecessary garbage, covering all the decent (and even half-decent) ideas that get presented in creative and logical fashion.

Also, bump for this topic (not that I've seen this thread at the top of the forums... maybe troll pages rank higher...)
View profile
Y U NOPICKUP?!?
Totally agree with you, Burning.
Keep bumping it guys.
View profile
Sure would be nice to never again pick up junk unintentionally.
Community Manager
I've been asking around over at Diablofans about this issue, and it appears I'm not the only one whom takes issue with this.

In Diablo 2, we had an option known as the /nopickup. It's the first thing most players did when they started a game. The idea is that you must hold down the ALT key in order to click on loot.

Without this mechanic, we're having 2 serious issues.

1) The most serious issue. Accidental clicking on junk loot is causing an interruption in the ebb and flow of combat. So serious that it can actually cause death in the more intense situations. You try to click on a monster and end up clicking on a Low Quality Sacred Shield.

2) Too much unintended pick-ups of junk. Numerous times having to stop and dump junk that you never intended on picking up.

This is an issue that absolutely needs be fixed.

The primary flaw is that left-click has two simultaneous functions (attack and pick-up) that often overlap and intercede upon themselves. A toggle like /nopickup is sorely needed.
Thoughts from fellow players on this?
Thanks for the constructive discussion!

We agree that it can be annoying when you accidentally pick up loot, but rather than add additional options to the game, we’d rather look at ways to reduce the overall number of items on the ground, while increasing the overall quality of dropped loot. Going forward, we’d like to make it seem like every item has a reason to be picked up at various points in the game.
Thanks for the constructive discussion!

We agree that it can be annoying when you accidentally pick up loot, but rather than add additional options to the game, we’d rather look at ways to reduce the overall number of items on the ground, while increasing the overall quality of dropped loot. Going forward, we’d like to make it seem like every item has a reason to be picked up at various points in the game.

Can you make it so that when items are all in one spot, that blues don't push the names of yellows off the screen?

It can be annoying to have to pick up 3 or 4 blues to see if a demonic essence has dropped.
06/05/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Vaeflare

Confirmed that either enchanting, or runewords are making their way into the game.
06/05/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Vaeflare
but rather than add additional options to the game, we’d rather look at ways to reduce the overall number of items on the ground, while increasing the overall quality of dropped loot

That still doesn't make it so that we won't accidentally click on an item and pick it up rather than click on a monster to attack. Reducing the clutter will not fix the problem, it will only make it happen less frequently. But making it happen less frequently still poses the problem of making it happen.

There should be a way to eliminate making it happen all together.
The blue seems to have missed the entire point of the OP - and JuskiReign just summed it up perfectly so I won't beat a dead horse. This isn't just a 'feature', it is a bare bones necessity for upper-end hardcore play I'd bet....
Thanks for the constructive discussion! We agree that it can be annoying when you accidentally pick up loot, but rather than add additional options to the game, we’d rather look at ways to reduce the overall number of items on the ground, while increasing the overall quality of dropped loot. Going forward, we’d like to make it seem like every item has a reason to be picked up at various points in the game.

Dodge and weave, dodge and weave. I like how you spun this to the itemization patch that you're working on.

Thats good news but that would require a lot of new systems. The runeword system D2 had for example gave white items a completly new dimension, specially coupled with things like the horadric cube recipe to add sockets, or the quest in A5. Would also require to pretty much rebuild the item system from the ground up.

Atm even the Ilvl 63 legendaries or Rares are quickly discarded as junk if they don't have 2 or 3 very specific random afixes (sockets and lifesteal on weapons being a prime example), its quite disheartening.

Having a single legendary with stats not normally availlable to that slot is also a massive issue, it pretty much range everything else as junk. (IAS on Mempo/Andariel's, IAS and Run Speed on Inna's Pants, IAS and Crit Damage on Witching Hour, IAS and Run Speed on Lacunis, to name a few).

Set items rolling so many sockets on top of already powerful set bonuses is also a big deterrent. Set bonuses should be class specific in my opinion and offer a notciable change in gameplay (Trang Oul set in Diablo 2 is a good example of what i mean).

Hopefully Devs are aware of these problems.
Edited by Griever#1994 on 6/5/2013 11:49 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]