Diablo® III

Lack of /nopickup is a critical mechanic flaw

Pretty sad this thread gets little attention while the community argues in troll threads, like the one arguing over ID-all.......An issue that's already been fixed.

.........like talking to a frickin lamp post.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 5/5/2013 2:34 AM PDT
lIke Titan Quest?

This game had the option to ONLY see magic level loot ... grey and white loot DID drop .. but you could filter it on with an option.

I liked that option very much. A filter would be so great. Like checkboxes for filter status on/off, hide white, blue items.

When the filter would be on, we could see white and blue items on ground, but accidental clicks dont pick them up, not even highlight them, so combat wouldn't be interrupted. If i would like to gather crafting material blues, then i could turn that filter off.

I use "Always Show Item Labels on Drop" and "Item Label Display" with "Push to toggle" with on setting.

And I hate it when the cursor cleary points to the monster and i click on it to attack, but my stupid character picks things up from the ground instead of attacking. The saddest thing is this faulty targeting is still in the game for almost a year :(

And I hate it when the cursor cleary points to the monster and i click on it to attack, but my stupid character picks things up from the ground instead of attacking. The saddest thing is this faulty targeting is still in the game for almost a year :(

Bump for more 'up' votes.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I wouldn't consider this to be a critical flaw, but it's definitely something that could be seen as a fairly big QoL change.

Sadly it was one of those things in the previous game that worked but was removed (there are lots of others - almost too many to list). Features like this not being implemented were/are often touted as adding to the "flavor" of the game. Take it from a World of Warcraft veteran - that's a pretty lousy argument for not implementing or taking out a feature that is known to be good and works well.

Couple the /nopickup option with the game's "push to show items on ground" keybind and you've got a match made in heaven.
I wouldn't consider this to be a critical flaw, but it's definitely something that could be seen as a fairly big QoL change.

Sadly it was one of those things in the previous game that worked but was removed (there are lots of others - almost too many to list). Features like this not being implemented were/are often touted as adding to the "flavor" of the game. Take it from a World of Warcraft veteran - that's a pretty lousy argument for not implementing or taking out a feature that is known to be good and works well.

Couple the /nopickup option with the game's "push to show items on ground" keybind and you've got a match made in heaven.

Well done.

However, I'm regretting using the word "critical" in my header. Seems this is distracting from the point. IMO it is critical due due all the issues it creates, as well, how easy this is to fix and how nonsensical it is that we are having to deal with it.

A good example of why I feel this flaw is so critical would be goblins. I farm high MP (8-9 typically) and every hit is important in order to bring him down.

Well, the other day I'm chasing and striking this little bugger, he gets in a corner and I'm wailing on him. As is typical, he turns and runs away. I miss-click on some loot he's throwing down and he slips through a crowd.

Not the worst loss in the world, I know. But the idea that I was unable to dispatch him strictly due to a miss-click on loot, well that didn't sit well with me.

The issue is pervasive in many aspects. Combat versus Elite packs being the most offensive. It's such a shame that the combat is so smooth yet there's this pick-up issue that creates a break in the flow of combat when you accidentally click on garbage.

Playing in full parties, we see people throwing loot on the ground all the time. While they're TP'ing back to town, junk loot flinging through the air. The ground in town by the WP is often littered with whites and blues. This is nonsense, and a simple pick-up toggle is all that's needed to stop all this.
I obviously support this thread. Massive QoL improvement.
05/05/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Maka
I obviously support this thread. Massive QoL improvement.

Maka...my man...

Thanks for the support. Very frustrating trying to push this idea...what with all the troll threads and pointless bickering.

I'll bump this thread for the next 5 years if I must.
Back to the top with this........
I already offered you my support, so I'm guessing this is a reiteration.
This is something that should be implemented soon. Since it is likely a rather simple and desirable add-on for most people, might as well.
Bump for more views. Please 'like' the OP if you wish to see this feature added. Thank you.
agree, i think there was a game a few years back that would let you ignore a class of items too. so you would only see yellows and legends drop, no blues or whites (they would drop, but would not be highlighted).

this should have been a first day thing, given how literally worthless blues/whites are
Wow good point. I completely forgot on the nopickup in D2 man. That would be a really nice feature in D3
TTT

To hope this gets noticed

+1
This bug with the loot toggle we're experiencing after 1.08 is sure making this issue stand out.

Bumping back to the top hoping for some action on /nopickup soon.
We need a pick-up toggle ASAP.
Edited by BurningRope#1322 on 5/8/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Bumping for exposure.
This is a no brainer. No idea why Blizz wont include some variation of this.
05/10/2013 02:17 AMPosted by RasAlgethi
This is a no brainer. No idea why Blizz wont include some variation of this.

Now that thy're addressing this 'item label' bug, what a great time to include a pick-up toggle.
I love this idea. Hard to punch baddies in the face when I got gloves and shields under my mouse.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]