Diablo® III

Lack of /nopickup is a critical mechanic flaw

Asked and answered in a previous "Ask the Devs" column.

I'll save you trouble: not going to happen.
No it is an issue. It does create problems when you are in combat. This can easily cause you to die when you are trying to farm MP10.
05/10/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Robdoggierob
No it is an issue. It does create problems when you are in combat. This can easily cause you to die when you are trying to farm MP10.

^ This
View profile
Asked and answered in a previous "Ask the Devs" column.

I'll save you trouble: not going to happen.

This was never asked. This is a command used in D2 by typing /nopickup into the chat bar

This isn't a loot toggle. It's a pick-up toggle, big difference.

I could pick up loot on d2 without using the alt key and sometimes I did pickup trash items.

D3 has the same pickit functions as D2 does.

Wrong.

You had to type the command into the chat bar.

After doing so, you could not pick-up loot without holding the ALT key.

A very simple fix to a very annoying problem for the melee class.
+1
View profile
In D3 this can be accomplished very easily by adding it to the Options menu ~ Gameplay ~ Click the box for pick-up toggle.

Done.

NEVER again do you have to stop and drop.

Never again does your monk pick up a low quality sacred shield instead of striking the badass Elite that's trying to murder you with his horrible affixes.
Glad to see this got bumped. I REALLY want this feature implemented. It is very infuriating trying to click on monsters near you and find that you aren't actually attacking, but picking up something you wouldn't have even looked at in the first place. This is most prevalent with the Monk.
View profile
05/10/2013 04:13 PMPosted by zip
Glad to see this got bumped. I REALLY want this feature implemented. It is very infuriating trying to click on monsters near you and find that you aren't actually attacking, but picking up something you wouldn't have even looked at in the first place. This is most prevalent with the Monk.

It gets REAL bad when you run a combo-strike build. Constantly left/right/left/right........the bug with the Item Labels is really bringing this issue to light I hope.
i suggested that in beta already, but maybe they put it into 1.1

+1 op
Happened and happens a lot to me. +1
wouldn't bother me at all. you have my support.

I play wizard, but my gf plays monk. and its a little bit of a pain where hafter ever trash mob I gotta wait for her to empty her inventory (not her fault)
Agreed. Items on the floor + melee = bad times. Seems like a really simple solution as well.
Voted up and bumped for great justice.
I find it annoying that the game gives you an option to adjust the behavior of Show Items on the Ground such as "Push to toggle" and "Push to show" but it really doesn't matter what option you choose because it always shows items on the ground.

I pick up so much random crap because Item labels on the ground never go away.

What happened to simply pushing ALT to show Items labels for items on the ground? I just want it to hide all the clutter when I let go of the ALT key
View profile
I find it annoying that the game gives you an option to adjust the behavior of Show Items on the Ground such as "Push to toggle" and "Push to show" but it really doesn't matter what option you choose because it always shows items on the ground.

I pick up so much random crap because Item labels on the ground never go away.

What happened to simply pushing ALT to show Items labels for items on the ground? I just want it to hide all the clutter when I let go of the ALT key

Last year when I first installed D3 and started playing, out of habit I actually typed in the /nopickup. Obviously it didn't work.

Sooo...I went to the gameplay options, saw the item label selections and thought "well certainly one of these must be the one I want". Tried them all....notta.

I looked and looked, couldn't believe it, no toggle for pick-up in a high paced action game that centers around buckets 'o' loot on the ground at your feet.

It's time for this. I believe if we keep pushing for it, the melee classes will no longer have to stop 'n' drop items from their inventory anymore.
srsly not having this option shows how "good"and "experienced" the developers are at this type of game

all 3 loot label options do the same thing - nothing useful whatsoever

we need something like /nopickup from D2 or hold [key] to loot from POE
i suggested that in beta already, but maybe they put it into 1.1

+1 op

well about beta... when D3 went out of beta?
I agree with the useless picking up of junk but why has nobody also thrown pickup radius into the fire.

i love having to take a useless stat on my gear just so im not playing connect the gold dots as i manuever around some arcane lazer beams of repairs.. i think they should standardize the pickup radius to 5-10 yards above the minimal 0 and let us focus solely on character progression stats and avoid the useless..

Paragon was invented to help with lack of money and magic drops i think it is safe to say we dont need pickup radius anymore either

While I would love more pick up raidus, there are players out there who would hate this, as they try to avoid picking up health globes and leave them available for tricky situations.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]