Diablo® III

Lack of /nopickup is a critical mechanic flaw

/nopickup was likely removed because its one of those things only some players would know about, and you'd have to go read a webpage to find out about.

The dev team stated early on they did not want people to have to exit the game to learn mechanics on a website. I guess reading is hard.

As Jay Wilson said at Blizzcon, "Any time you have to leave your game is a bad experience.
If you have to Alt+tab to go learn a build, that's a bad experience. If you have to learn something about the game in a way other than playing the game, that's a bad experience."

That's how they roll, my friend.

yea yea... /nopickup as a command was hard to find and is excused for D2 as it was 12 years ago but now don't tell me that adding 1 more option to the gameplay options would be to much for us to handle?
Developers getting lazy... we are leaving the age of games where a team made a game to have fun and because it was fun making it. I mostly blame the execs breathing down their necks though. Just look at games that have lots of features and a developer console; those games have a HUGE fan-base and community support.
What about the people who play with Alt as an On/Off toggle. So for me, I press alt and all the items show up on the ground. I like it like this as I can see things drop in real time. By having to press Alt to pick up items from the ground, wouldn't that interfere with the toggle on/off situation.......

Also, the /nopickup command was Diablo 2 offline only right? So D2 battle.net players didnt even get that function, only offline mode. I stand by my opinion that I dont think this is a very effective solution to what you describe. I also think it isnt a very big problem, I really dont.

And if you went to town, had blues in your inventory, why would you drop them? You're more than likely selling crap rolled rares to a vendor, right click the damn thing theyre worth almost as much gold and its stupid to waste it if you're nitpicking the seconds...
Edited by Swag#1625 on 5/10/2013 11:08 PM PDT
05/10/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Swag
Also, the /nopickup command was Diablo 2 offline only right? So D2 battle.net players didnt even get that function, only offline mode. I stand by my opinion that I dont think this is a very effective solution to what you describe. I also think it isnt a very big problem, I really dont.

wrong /nopickup worked on any D2 mode offline and online

playing meele and not using/having (D2/D3) /nopickup was and is risky because accidentally clicking on a item label instead of attacking might get u killed
05/10/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Swag
What about the people who play with Alt as an On/Off toggle. So for me, I press alt and all the items show up on the ground. I like it like this as I can see things drop in real time. By having to press Alt to pick up items from the ground, wouldn't that interfere with the toggle on/off situation.......

first the Alt On/Off togle doesn't work as intended item labels are still shown as soon they drop and disappear after few seconds but even after that u can still accidentally pick them up
second it will be the same as for D2 where in order to see the loot u had to press Alt, /nopickup was just there to prevent unwanted pick
It would be very nice to have this option in the game for OP's mentioned reasons.
+1 This would help tremendously.
Sure, this is a good idea. I support.
Definitely need this option - as a CMWW wiz, I am fed up of picking up crap.

If I can't see an items label, I don't want to be able to pick it up.
Edited by Emmo#2406 on 5/11/2013 3:39 AM PDT
well it took a year for id-all ...
Liked.

We actually had a post back in beta, asking for this feature. A blue even responded and said it was on their "to do" list and that it would make it into the game by release... just like they said about the fix for the loading assets stuttering.

Ahhh, broken promises.
Edited by Beezle#1740 on 5/11/2013 4:20 AM PDT
Its like what's in Titan Quest

PS: I didn't even read the whole thing but yeah.. that's it. They have that in TQ.
That would be a great feature to have I find myself frustrated over the whites....(which should have more purpose than they do)
I suggested introducing this feature while back, too, and 100% of people simply support it. Nevertheless haven't heard anything from Blizzard about that.

A pity, /nopickup was awesome.

Edit: Clicked the like button :)
Edited by SerasVII#2278 on 5/11/2013 5:30 AM PDT
I definitely agree! Sure, it's a simple thing but could be a small and easy improvement of playtime quality. You have my support, like button clicked!
View profile
Liked.

We actually had a post back in beta, asking for this feature. A blue even responded and said it was on their "to do" list and that it would make it into the game by release... just like they said about the fix for the loading assets stuttering.

Ahhh, broken promises.
I did't participate in BETA. Very glad to hear it's been in front of them before. Should make the implementation easier to push through this time.

Thanks to all for the support!!
give us option to disable all whites/blues
View profile
05/11/2013 07:08 AMPosted by NoobAttack
give us option to disable all whites/blues

Please take that crap to another thread. This isn't going to happen. It's a dumb idea imo and it doesn't need to happen.

We need a toggle for left click, period. Don't distract from the thread topic with such silly requests. Blizz said no. I want to know what Blizz says to a pick-up toggle. Kinda bummed they haven't chimed in yet.
I can't say it's a critical flaw, but I defiantly agree a /nopickup would be a quality of life improvement. I support this =D
View profile
05/11/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Bleu
I can't say it's a critical flaw, but I defiantly agree a /nopickup would be a quality of life improvement. I support this =D

I agree that I should've used a less emotional word to describe my personal feelings toward the matter. It really really bothers me, and I've tried every key-bind, force move and gameplay option available.

So....it is good that no matter what extent this issue presents individual players with, it seems near-unanimous consensus that people would like this feature.

Back to the top and hoping for some validation by persons that can hand this down the line in hopes for implementation via the next patch.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]