Diablo® III

Let's be one big happy family!

Hi guys! I noticed recently I been brought up again and just want to say thank you to everyone for taking the time writing about me and my little stream :)

Unfortunately I believe we started off on the wrong foot somewhere and I want to take this opportunity to perhaps clear up some of the misunderstanding!

Once upon a time, I made a **BUDGET** guide, in the guide I mentioned that 2.31 breakpoint was good for a *BUDGET* and you don't need 2.73 AS on a *BUDGET* set.

It was then misunderstood by the some of the more aggressive posters here but eventually the heat died down and even to this day I have people coming in to the stream regularly thanking me for the video guide and telling me how helpful it was! :)

------

For a long time I had a nice life steal sword, with this I was running 2.31+ breakpoint, however this was not smooth. My backup weapon is chantodo wand, which puts me at 2.73+ breakpoint.

I altered between the 2 weapons frequently while farming act3 and did not have a preference. However, I always used chantodo wand for Ubers.

When I ran the above 2 setups, I have close to 900 all resist and 3.7k armor with 50k hp.

When a viewer ask me what are the stats to start with as a CM wizard, I always told them focus on defense first and get 750-800 AR, close to 4k armor and over 42k hp.

-----------------

Just the last few days, I have decided to make a leap to upgrade. Unhappy with my sword's performance at 2.31 but loving the life steal, I thought long and hard about perhaps going with a dagger but decided to stick with my sword because a 4.5bil dagger would be a 17k dps downgrade (with life steal of course).

So as a last resort, I decided to run Inna's Pants to reach 2.51 attack speed breakpoint, this cost me nearly 10k hp and I had to change my gloves to compensate the lost of defense.

This worked out quite well, the 2.51 breakpoint felt much smoother!

After the latest upgrades I ended up with 368k dps, 794 all resist, 4063 armor and 43.6k HP.

This was more than enough defense stats for my MP10 route which is keeps 3 and 2. (yes I run 2 maps over and over and over and over again! ^^ )

So, because I had surplus defense, I decided to run glass cannon for my 3rd passive, making my stats: 423k dps, 714 all resist, 3656 armor. With deep freeze proc, this puts me at slightly over 500k dps and the kill speed is quite impressive for keeps 3 and 2.

This was fine for my usual keeps 3 and 2 run but not for other maps so I don't run glass cannon if I want to do the other maps.

When a viewer ask if they should switch to a sword, I always tell them no because it requires too much commitment, speaking from experience and suffered at the 2.31 breakpoint.

Anyways, sorry about the wall of text but I feel like I want to clear up the air here and hope we can have a more positive discussion about our beloved Wizard class next time!

If you still having any doubts about my setup's performance, feel free to swing by my stream anytime. I stream daily from 1:30pm PST at twitch.tv/zisss

After all, seeing is believing right? :)

Take it easy guys!
Reply Quote
hey thats alright dude :-) i tried 2.31 and not as bad as i thought not that i will run it in the future, but if it works it works no negative comments here
Reply Quote
*grabs popcorn*
Reply Quote
View profile
It's all good. I won't speak for other wizards but I'm all for positive discussion.
Reply Quote
U didnt have to justify anything.

The people promoting hate are just drama seekers. You happened to be the target this time...no doubt next week the same mob will just be bagging someone/something else out.
Reply Quote
U didnt have to justify anything.

It just breaks my heart to see things taking a turn for the worse based on misunderstanding.

I'm sure Lylirra would be happier if we all could be friends! :)
Reply Quote
Just don't come here being arrogant. There are tons of top tier wizards that frequent these forums and they are humble and helpful. No need to come here and say btw you're all wrong then follow it up with insults. That's not how you make friends

Anyways I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge. You should contribute here. I'm sure lots of people would appreciate it.
Reply Quote
The way you play concern nobody else except you! added you for some runs if you would like :)
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 09:00 PMPosted by JellzRoc
Anyways I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge. You should contribute here. I'm sure lots of people would appreciate it.

yeah. ziss. streaming is good but hang out with us too.

05/01/2013 08:21 PMPosted by Ryoka
The people promoting hate are just drama seekers. You happened to be the target this time...no doubt next week the same mob will just be bagging someone/something else out.

hypocrite
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Quetzal
The way you play concern nobody else except you! added you for some runs if you would like :)

That's not really true considering he is putting himself out there through his stream.
Reply Quote
This reminds me of all those "I'm a 200k cm wiz" threads back in the day and everyone would just completely clown the guy for being a glass cannon.
Reply Quote

hypocrite

Find me a single post where I bagged anyone out? I only stick up for the innocent people trying to enjoy the game. So if that constitutes as harassment, then sure. Report me.

EDIT - wait, are u cut that I called u out for having that stupid troll thread "I know I'm good and just want compliments" ? :>
Edited by Ryoka#1646 on 5/1/2013 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Ryoka

hypocrite

Find me a single post where I bagged anyone out? I only stick up for the innocent people trying to enjoy the game. So if that constitutes as harassment, then sure. Report me.

EDIT - wait, are u cut that I called u out for having that stupid troll thread "I know I'm good and just want compliments" ? :>
Nah, It's just yodatoy's way! Both he and lameboy enjoy the "flavor of the week" BiS gear. I for one find it amusing to see them both be so confident in their choice one week, and then decide on something else the next week. Lol, it's a never-ending gear struggle for all of us, even those with high-end gear. :lol
Reply Quote
Big ups Ziss for coming out and leveling the playing field here letting us know the details behind your chosen play style.

On the forums we tend to have a pretty strong opinions on the best way to gear and setup a cm wiz so try not to mind us too much but i second Jellz and Yoda, if you have a spare moment come by the forums and post around, it would be cool to see another top tier wiz opinions on things.

cheerz.
Reply Quote
There bound to be argument or i prefer to call it discussion on gear choices, breakpoints, glassy setup, LS ..etc. At the end of the day it's all about gearing towards your own play style.

Some players like myself are constantly playing with 200-300ms and the only way for cm to work well is to go beyond 3 aps whereas those with good connections can afford to go defensive by lowering aps. There's no right and wrong here as long as one is comfortable with his own setup.

Ziss might not be the best representation of cm community (i'm sure he doesn't regard himself as a representative in the 1st place) but what he does is extending his help to new comers by going on stream instead of relying on limitation of forums. Words get transpire wrongly at times ya?

Gonna give props to him for coming out and post a thread explaining his gear choices which I find pretty informative. Post like this is much appreciated comparing to bragging threads which are a total waste of forum space.

As much as I have negative impression about eric and lameboi,.. these are the ppl who made forum interesting. No hard feelings brudders! Like the topic say.. lets all be one big happy family and help each other out :)
Reply Quote
There bound to be argument or i prefer to call it discussion on gear choices, breakpoints, glassy setup, LS ..etc.

In the core they are all flamewars :x

And Ziss I have nothing against you friend :D I don't understand why some haters are so aggressive against builds that are different from their. But ok no drama no fun I guess.

And as others said, you seem to be knowledgeable, why don't you come here more often :3
Reply Quote
View profile
novice WANTS MOAR OF YOU
Reply Quote
The wiz forums are all so positive haha..
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 01:41 AMPosted by Ducivo
The wiz forums are all so positive haha..

because they feel responsibly stupid lol
Reply Quote
View profile
Bro last patch didn't nerf us. So happy. It's like christmas gift. Build still working. All we need for a happy life.

EDIT: God damn novice I hate you for your high mitigation fu ragez I'm jelly!
Edited by RobertVarga#1345 on 5/2/2013 2:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]