Diablo® III

fix the SERVER FOR AUSTRALIA!!

ever since the hot fix tuesday night
i have been lagging non stop
when i kill a cluster of monsters my whole screen glitches up and lags like crazy causing me to die
it is extremely frustrating..
wtf is going on....!!
Reply Quote
Lol, you are not the only one. Try doing MP10 ubers with 1k ms ping.
Reply Quote
omg mp10 would cause me to never come back to diablo with this dam lag..
Reply Quote
Get a better connection = fix.
Reply Quote
05/02/2013 09:18 AMPosted by ceasarpineda
Get a better connection

Mate it's not the connection. I can run this game from several ISP's and they all exhibit the same lag spikes.

PS I am referring to 20/20 Mbit connections.

I feel your pain OP
Reply Quote
Get a better connection

Mate it's not the connection. I can run this game from several ISP's and they all exhibit the same lag spikes.

PS I am referring to 20/20 Mbit connections.

I feel your pain OP

exactly, it doesn't matter how great your internet speed/ISP is
it's server base lag not internet speed lag..

i have also noticed that it has only affected me since the server maintenance tuesday night
Edited by Spoon#6845 on 5/2/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does anyone use any tunnel services able to get the ping close to 150ms? im stuck at 250~ and playing a cm wizz is a pain when you cant perma freeze because of the routing issues
Reply Quote
Game is fine on my end, from sydney at a steady 185 ping , bigpond cable though so approx 90-100mbps bandwidth
Reply Quote
05/03/2013 10:48 PMPosted by Calum
Game is fine on my end, from sydney at a steady 185 ping , bigpond cable though so approx 90-100mbps bandwidth
Seriously? I'm on Bigpond ADSL and it's lagging like crazy for the last 5 or 6 hours - totally unplayable. I did a tracert and got a ping increasing dramatically at the telstra gateway. I rang them up but with no effect. I'm at my witts ends with this.

If this is happening because it's friday night in America......
Edited by Cujo#1162 on 5/4/2013 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeh unfortunately because of how ADSL works in australia one person can get good service and another bad.. in most cases because of how Telstra / Telecom (back in the days) has built the national network alot of it is bad as they don't prioritize ADSL for game latency rather a connection established that's enough to retrieve and download emails...
ADSL has too many local issues from beyond aussies exchange that blizzard have no control over, congestion, distance from exchange , copper faults in the line, the interleaving channel the ADSL port programmed from the exchanged could be incorrect (due to Telstra offshoring most of its broadband operations offshore to manila/ india who do not understand how to rectify these errors) the list goes on, I been on projects with internal Telstra broadband operations for the last several years, I have seen the scale of the national network and how many services faults there are etc. I blame partly on behalf of Telstra having fired alot of skilled and experience aussie engineers replacing them with offshore unskilled workers to manage our national networks.
Reply Quote
Interesting you say that Calum, I just went through a period of having a phone line fault (which killed my access to the net) which took them 7 days to fix. When I asked them what the problem was, they said it was a 'mix up at the exchange'. Two days later I have this latency issue - something I've never had prior. I can't help but wonder if they're connected.

edit: interesting... I just resetted the computer and modem and it now seems to be working.
Edited by Cujo#1162 on 5/4/2013 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]