Diablo® III

Overpowered?

62 Tauren Warrior
Does anyone else feel that the Monk is a little overpowered. Not a bad thing just want opinions.
Reply Quote
Well, from a DH perspective I can see how all 4 of the other classes are overpowered.

From a barb perspective... Clearly all 5 classes are balanced, LOL :P

And from Monk perspective, we're no barbs, but at least we're at a competitive spot.
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Tazmainian
Does anyone else feel that the Monk is a little overpowered.

I think monks and WD now are more powerful than DH but less powerful than barbs and wizards.
Reply Quote
IMO in terms of power:

Single Player:
1. Barb
2. Wiz
3. Monk
4. WD
5. DH

Group Play:
1. Monk
2. Wiz
3. WD
4. Barb
5. DH
Reply Quote
I don't think monks are overpowered, personally. We're a very versatile class with many build options, and the buffs to spirit spenders in 107 really brought us up to the levels of barbarians for soloing. We have always been, along with SNS wizards the best group play class.

I love though that this is even a topic of conversation considering for how long Monks felt very underpowered relative to the other classes. Great strides have been made in understanding build variations and subsequent gearing, as well as some needed buffs to skills.

Give it a few more months, I bet the conversation will shift again.
Reply Quote
Show your real profile. You must be another troll dh.
Reply Quote
Well, the wheels of change are turning towards WDs in the next patch. Under limited conditions, bat power > bells > bears.

As for monks being overpowered, I don't think so. Our love extends to the whole party, so everyone benefits. When party members complain about the bells knock-back, we change to cyclone strike (a.k.a. vortex) which is much weaker in DPS, but very useful for the party.

What with these unidentified people who start topics without revealing their D3 profile?
Reply Quote

What with these unidentified people who start topics without revealing their D3 profile?

Trolls, generally. Or people who blame their own inability to play at a high level on another class for some reason.

Every class can be OP with the right gear...
Reply Quote
OP can either re-roll to our class or keep waiting for Blizzard to buff whatever class he is playing.
Reply Quote
No, monks are not overpowered. Barbs are overpowered .. =)
Reply Quote
I've played every class except DH and I wouldn't say any of them are op each 1 has its strengths
but they all have their weakness also. Each class had well over 1B gold in gear and were more than
capable of mp10.
Reply Quote
I find I can kill elites faster with my monk.
Maybe I am not playing my barb properly.
Still learning about them.
Reply Quote
@jet
Your monk is way stronger than your barb. That's why.
When your barb reach 300k with passives, perhaps.
Reply Quote
@jet I hope so your monk has around 120k more
damage than your barb. But just because 1 class
can kill faster doesn't make it OP.
Reply Quote
overpowered? monks are a melee class thats very squishy . unlike alot of other classes we cant run around arcane beams like they are not there. we dont really have skills that help our life . we rely pretty much on our gear to save us
Reply Quote
Definitely not overpowered. I can stomp through everything with my barb and not have to worry about arcane/molten/plague. But with my monk, I always have to move and reposition. Part of that has to do with my crappy resists on my monk. I do agree, however, with whoever stated that elites die faster with a monk because they truly do. Even running a hota build with my barb i can take elites down faster with my monk. Sweeping wind ftw!
Reply Quote
05/05/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Tazmainian
Does anyone else feel that the Monk is a little overpowered. Not a bad thing just want opinions.

No, and I play both Barb/Monk so I have a certain perspective on this topic:)
Reply Quote
I find I can kill elites faster with my monk.
Maybe I am not playing my barb properly.
Still learning about them.

change to a high dps skorn with no ls, and smash the elite for 2-3m critical with your hammer, u will see who kill faster, just use blood lust, and immortal king belt ls, 6% is more than enough,
and show dh and monk, what is dps with every hit critical, when your wotb is up and running
just see this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTikNY15Z7Q

how he smash ghom
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 5/5/2013 9:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]