Diablo® III

How to Gear up your Follower for MP10

This part is always overlooked by many people but i think it helps if your are soloing MP10. I basically like Scoundrel and if anybody has better or interesting build, please share in this thread.

My scoundrel build with 98k hp, 7k dps and 200 AR emphasize on max survivability and basically help in these 3 area:
1) Increase my Crit Chance by 3%
2) 49.7% chance of knocking back enemy
3) Snare effect with Cold SOJ and allow you to use Cull the Weak pasive

Skills:
1) Criplling shot - Slow target for 60% for 3 sec
2) Dirty fighting - Blind enemies for 3 sec
3) Multishot - Fire 3 bolts at 1 time
4) Anatomy - Increase Crit Chance by 3%

I want to touch more on gearing. There are only 5 slots where you can gear your scoundrel:

1) Weapon - It has to be Windforce for the knockback effect. Choose the highest knockback % with more than 150 Vit and decent dps in AH. Dps is not important for scoundrel because its damage in MP10 is negligible. What you want is the maximum knockback effect. It is less than 1 mil. I got mine for 5,000 gold only.

2) Scoundrel Token - Vit and AR are the priorities. Get one with more than 200 vit, 60 Ar and probably 200 Dex.

3) Amulet - It has to be Mara's Kaleidoscope. It has high Vit, Ar and armor. My has 365 vit, 65 AR, 202 Armor and 141 dex. You may also try your luck crafting a vit ammy with the hope of getting Ar and Armour. I suggest you buy Mara as it is not expensive.

4) Ring 1 - It has to be SOJ with Cold damage. Don't worry about the stats and get the cheapest one.

5) Ring 2 - You have 2 options. You may want to craft a vit HF ring or buy an Oculus ring because of its high AR, armour, Vits and Dex.

I think cold dmg SOJ is overpriced because it depends on the skill and weapon that you using. If you use it on Scoundrel with Windforce and Multishot, there is no issue. It is nice if you can also equip yourself with a Cold spike SOJ for double effect but it is just too pricy.

Here is a short video showing the knockback and snared effect done by my Scoundrel. The 3 mobs can't even come close to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h2oXAa_dwo

Thanks for reading and I hope you learn something from here. If you have better suggestion, please share it.
Reply Quote
hey cameo,

im doing good with enchantress with maximus. im lazy with her other gears but i htink i should prolly take some time to gear her up better. the reason i find it good is because its a really good combination with the weapon im using - windforce.

a good windforce basically KB everything, except Yellow mobs and a few others mobs type. enchantress + maximus basically fix this glaring weakness. the demon summon from maximus procs all the time and it is fairly tanky, it dont works 100% of the time, but when you face tough mobs that cant be KB, maximus saves the day quite frequently, and even enable steady aim up time in many circumstances where not quite possible without it.

The enchantress also has a nice skill . .i think its called Forceful Push. As a pretty standard winforce passive, i run steady aim. i often run into a pack, and before my shots is able to KB the mobs, they come into 10 yards, i find the enchantress Forceful push does a good job very often, in pushing mobs back on engagement(i dont know why, but i notice she like to cast it on initial engagement . .. which is awesome!). when the mobs recovers from the push, the are already taking shots from my attacks and further KB >> less steady aim downtime.

The enchantress also increased armor and atk spd, which are nice buff to dh.

And i almost forgot .. the demon summmon also helps to take aggro which is so so good esp. for a hc dh.

well .. i think thats about it . .hope this contributions to the topic and my bad writing skill is bearable .. lol
Reply Quote
+1 Cloud
Reply Quote
I'm sure you've been waiting for a player to post about using a Buriza instead, which, of course I do. :-) I love the multishot pierce freeze effect, when combined with my Star of Azakanoth with + Freeze chance, I see plenty of freeze on the mobs I'm fighting against.

edit: of course, you do need to PAY a ton of friggin gold for that Buriza... ;-)
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 5/7/2013 9:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Buriza is way better - even though that means the scoundrel has low dps....it acts like a mini CM wiz. and my scoundrel seldom dies (the one with my barb now)
Reply Quote
My scoundrel almost never dies, has a bit less hp than yours, but he does almost 20k dps. Sure, it's not much, but another 20k dps doesn't hurt. I'm considering getting a higher vitality Windforce because his health is only 50k and I'd like it to be 70k or so.

Piece of advice, SoJ is not the best way to get cold damage for your scoundrel, Tal Rasha's with Dex is. You can then get good stats on his amulet and his rings.

After Cloud's post I think I'm going to go gear up my Enchantress and give her a shot. I think I'll miss the extra knockback I get from my scoundrel though.
Reply Quote
Templar is good for Rapid Fire builds for the 1 Hatred/sec bonus plus he does a good job rounding mobs up for you.
Reply Quote
My enchantress is at 130k hp with 260 AR, Scoundrel is lower as I'm using cold SoJ with Buriza. Just using him for freeze and he does close to no DPS :)
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Electroclash
Scoundrel is lower as I'm using cold SoJ with Buriza

What possible additional advantage is your cold SoJ giving you over a different elemental damage SoJ while using a Buriza (which already has cold damage). I would recommend swapping to a high Vit + AR ring or one with MF if you've got that inclination
Reply Quote
Just and experiment with SoJ just to see if there was any additional effect to it. Of course, I would swap back to high Vit + AR. Possibly getting the same amount of hp that my enchantress has but rings/ammy with High vit + AR + AS are surprisingly quite expensive and I'm a bit of a scrooge. So still looking for good deals
Reply Quote
I like my templar :)
Reply Quote
My opinion on items.

Buriza beats windforce most of the time. Many of the hardest monsters aren't affected at all by knockback, such as champions (yellow elites). But everything can be frozen. And if you are using any skill that requires positioning, like grenades or spike trap, knockback can mess things up.

Buriza can have a second proc. Good luck finding a good roll though.

Attribute points are multiplied by 2.5. This means that 200 str = 500 armour. Look for items with as much of all attributes as possible. The priority order is Vit>int=str>dex. Vit is always the most important stat, so if you're looking at ah, sort with that. This also makes life% a strong stat.

Get as much attack speed as possible if you are using any procs.

Some other amulet procs than freeze are good too.

I'm pretty satisfied with the gear on my enchantress and scoundrel, especially his amulet.
Reply Quote
I'm sure you've been waiting for a player to post about using a Buriza instead, which, of course I do. :-) I love the multishot pierce freeze effect, when combined with my Star of Azakanoth with + Freeze chance, I see plenty of freeze on the mobs I'm fighting against.

edit: of course, you do need to PAY a ton of friggin gold for that Buriza... ;-)

Yup, no doubt Buriza is much better but hate the price. Hope will drop for me in 1.0.8!
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Cameo
Hope will drop for me in 1.0.8!

Do you mean 1.0.9? I don't think itemization was changed in 1.0.8 was it??
Reply Quote
Nope not for 1.08. Should be 1.09. Level 63 buriza? FTW
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Electroclash
Nope not for 1.08. Should be 1.09. Level 63 buriza? FTW

+1
Reply Quote
05/07/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Cameo
Yup, no doubt Buriza is much better but hate the price. Hope will drop for me in 1.0.8!

There is an ulternative :

Enchantress equipped with Azurewrath ( 10% freeze chance and 18% ais ) is all you need. rings and amulet = vit / ias .. see how that works...

Also for scoundrel try just a plain jane cold damage rare bow with vit/ias ring amulet also .. Much better than Buriza ( if you 100% face roll then NO ) but if you play a build like IMPREZA 's ( cluster bomb / caltrop than either Enchantress or scroundrel setup is BEST ..

All credit for Enchantress build goes to Ueberjagger of BARB fame - Scoundrel with cold bow is my idea .. I am sure many others have tried it..
Edited by BlackVenom#1754 on 5/7/2013 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like Kormac, an Azurewrath dropped for me a while back so he got a share of the loot that day. ;)
Reply Quote
don't forget the puzzle ring as 2nd ring!

it procs more than you think. it used to be useless, but now there's a big chance that's an extra DE or two per run

o/
Reply Quote
Does azurewrath make you shoot 3 piercing swords? If it doesn't it can't compete with buriza.

Nice one veritech.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]