Diablo® III

Gold cap and BoA Gear are now necessary.

(Locked)

95 Gnome Warlock
I agree 100% Droth. I've played over 2k hours and have never been anywhere close to where a gold cap would be. I think your idea would save the game for the long haul. Haven't you been saying this for a while now?
Edited by Nighthunter4#1650 on 5/7/2013 6:08 PM PDT
how exactly are you an MVP?
MVP
View profile
05/07/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Scruby
Haven't you been saying this for a while now?

Yes, I have.
Making the game fun is necessary.
BoA is what gets me to play d3.

Create a system just like in WoW or GW2 where we can craft BiS BoA gear and im sure AH will not run end game content
Diablo isnt WoW, nobody is going to grind the same content forever just to get better items (just so that they can grind the same boring content faster), you are comparing apples to oranges.

Diablo 3 doesnt need item sinks, what it needs is better itemisation so that everyone doesnt go for the same stupid BIS items like mempo of twilight. The AH isnt the problem, itemisation is the real issue, the AH only magnified this huge flaw because everyone can see what most items are really worth with a transparent market place like the AH, and most items are worth nothing if they dont have the few desired stats that everyone needs.

Diablo 3 was designed to be like WoW but without the content updates, it was going to fail with or without the AH.

I would like to ask you a very simple question...

But why do you think a Ladder System was created in the first place?

If not to combat inflation and the further devaluing of items, (and of course a little bit of competition) what other purpose would it serve?

Inflation in D2 only became a problem because of duping, ladder was created to give everyone a fresh start but the dupers soon figured out new ways to dupe so the whole thing was pointless. In any case inflation would never have been a problem in D2 if it wasnt for duping because the game had excellent itemisation. Diablo3's itemisation is the real problem, it has nothing to do with the auction house.
MVP
View profile
BoA is what gets me to play d3.

Create a system just like in WoW or GW2 where we can craft BiS BoA gear and im sure AH will not run end game content

You know, there was a great little thread on this subject that I really think deserves attention.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8767266691

This proposal is fantastic and I really think it would benefit from a discussion by the community.
05/07/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Drothvader
If not to combat inflation and the further devaluing of items, (and of course a little bit of competition) what other purpose would it serve?

I can answer part of this question.

Ladder enhances gameplay by : Ladder only item drops, Ladder only runewords, mosters are a little bit stronger on ladder, High rune drop rate is a little higher than non ladder. also runes can be upgraded to a higher level on ladder. Equalizes the player base - leveling up new char's at the start of a new ladder season with other players is a blast.

Ladder helps server stability and storage space: It isnt just an Item sink, it is a complete Character Sink. Yes ladder characters ARE converted to non ladder on a reset but: Many players either just let the old ladder char's expire or manually delete thier ladder accounts.
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 5/7/2013 6:17 PM PDT
05/07/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Eddizel
I'm tired of caring, game died today as far as I'm concerned.

Nope, only on US hahaha. All US people are retards and dumbass. Noobs EU>US

bye bye D3 on US.
It's not that I disagree with the premise of what you're saying, or that I entirely hate BOA items, but that doesn't feel like Diablo to me. Half the fun in this game is that I can give friends gear that I find, or sometimes just toss it to randoms. If everything is locked, it wouldn't kill the game, but it would remove a lot of my incentive for playing it, and others' too, I imagine. Regardless, time will tell.
MVP
View profile
05/07/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Chillaxin
you must have a gold cap and the uppermost top tier of items

You are absolutely clueless.

Price ceilings are powerless in controlling the prices of top tier items.

lol? Way to only quote a portion of what I said.

Here's the other half for you.

05/07/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Drothvader
the uppermost top tier of items MUST be BoA.

Did I say the ceiling would control the top tier items? No...

What I said was the top tier of items should be BoA.
MVP
View profile
That's not the game I paid for. I paid for a demon hunting game where I could find non-binding phat loots and trade them. I'm sorry you were ignorant to the kind of game you bought, but that's your fault.

Let me ask you this.

Why would the creator of Marvel Heroes (Who created Diablo by the way. You know him as David Brevik.) make all gear in his game BoE?

Don't you think it might be because he learned from his mistake?

Freely tradeable items without ANY consequence only works if the whole game is reset from time to time.
05/07/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Drothvader
Freely tradeable items without ANY consequence only works if the whole game is reset from time to time.

Not true provided that there are item sinks.
05/07/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Drothvader
That's not the game I paid for. I paid for a demon hunting game where I could find non-binding phat loots and trade them. I'm sorry you were ignorant to the kind of game you bought, but that's your fault.

Let me ask you this.

Why would the creator of Marvel Heroes (Who created Diablo by the way. You know him as David Brevik.) make all gear in his game BoE?

Don't you think it might be because he learned from his mistake?

For something different. That's all. Diablo is not Marvel Heroes. Totally different types of games. Can't compare the two. Nothing to do with mistakes. And the no BoA/BoE till now in D3 was not a mistake. The mistake was gold became worthless. They needed better and more permanent gold sinks. To limit gold inflation.

Making all gear untradable is not the answer.
MVP
View profile
05/07/2013 06:24 PMPosted by sheltem

Not true provided that there are item sinks.

The point is there's never a reason to sink a perfect item.

How would you encourage players to destroy something like a 6% crit Mempo of Twilight?
Ok how about this: for 100 level paragon, you pick up like 150-200kk gold. Gold cap on GMAH is 2kkk. So even if you play the game for a long long time and raise yourself to highest level, your gold will be useless, you wont be able to buy even 1 mid-top item for all this gold, not saying about all 13 items. So why there even is some gold drop from mobs when its nowhere to spent ?

Then, there is drop from mobs. For my 94level of paragon and all game previous to paragon system, from drop items I made like 600kk for all sales.

So, what we have is this - you cant purchase even 1 top item for entire 100-level paragon grinding, you just wont farm enough to buy, you wont farm neither gold nor items to sell (unless you will be INCREDIBLY lucky and have 6ch mempo drop).

So, currently, there is only 2 ways to get good gear:

- tradeing on AH (buying underpriced gear, selling it for higher price `profit)
- donate

Otherwise, you have no chances to get good gear. So, what Im saying is that raising or even cancelling gold cap on items will do only one thing - with it, buying 'top BIS item' will be impossible to player who doesent trade for years or donatein real money.
MVP
View profile
05/07/2013 06:26 PMPosted by theeighthark
Diablo is not Marvel Heroes.

Marvel heroes is A LOT like D2.

The only difference between the two is D2 is limited to 8 players whereas MH is a free open world.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]