Diablo® III

Programmable mouse, boon to cmwiz

05/04/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Kageromero
Well, mine wouldnt be held down, it would just be spammed, just spamming one button instead of 3 :P They really should flat out tell us though, because this could cause a lot of health issues which would end up reflecting back poorly on diablo and blizzard

I guess I forgot to add that 1 button press to press multiple keys falls under the same category, but that's mostly implied by the 1 key press = 1 action standpoint typically associated with Blizzard.

Alternatively you can hold DS+EB and keep pressing the FN key without using any macros and it periodically activates DS+EB. It probably doesn't activate them quite as fast as if you press the key manually but it works pretty well. I've been meaning to do some Ghom tests using that method but just haven't had the time.
Reply Quote
I really wish they would tell us flat out if having a macro to press 1/2/3 for us in one button would be banable ...if it is, considering this is the only viable way for wizards to be good in ubers / high monster powers, it would be really depressing.

That bolded part is completely untrue, talk for yourself. You said you had chonic fatigue and some other physical illness. Thats why its the ''only viable way'' for you to do mp10. I can play for 12 hours straight without any pain at all.

That being said, they should still flat out say its allowed or its not.
Reply Quote
View profile
doubt they gonna ban you for using a macro thousands who use them are here a year later. WD use them for their zero dogs and many other builds. Many wizzy builds use them. I dont know much about other classes played very little but im sure they use them too. Thats why they sell a diablo mouse with macros and advertise it as such and give you blizzard front end software and instruction on setting up macros.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001820

Definition of macro is a sequence of key-pressing using one keystroke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro_%28computer_science%29#Keyboard_and_mouse_macros

But a blue clarification would be nice. Why do they sell that game mouse with full macro capability for this game if its not allow?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/4/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/04/2013 03:58 PMPosted by IAmKiffen
I can play for 12 hours straight without any pain at all.

Just keep doing that daily for months, and there's something to be said for having compassion for people with fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, or arthritis.
Reply Quote
View profile
I can play for 12 hours straight without any pain at all.

Just keep doing that daily for months, and there's something to be said for having compassion for people with fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, or arthritis.

This to me its an ease of access argument. Its not cheating or a robot or gaining an unfair advantage at all. Some ppl have weak hands. Some ppl are frail, Some are even disabled. Some have pain in x hand. A marco allows them to enjoy game like any normal person with piano hands
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 5/4/2013 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This to me its an ease of access argument. Its not cheating or a robot or gaining an unfair advantage at all. Some ppl have weak hands. Some ppl are frail, Some are even disabled. Some have pain in x hand. A marco allows them to enjoy game like any normal person with piano hands

Agreed. There's really not a lot of difference in performance to using a macro to press all 3 keys with 1 button or repeat all 3 every 0.1s or so then just mashing the keys yourself. However, using a macro can grealy improve people's playing experience and allow them to enjoy the game with the build, whereas otherwise they might not be able to use the build at all.

In short it doesn't really give them an unfair advantage it just makes playing easier and less stressful on the hands, wrist, fingers, etc.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 5/4/2013 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
And longer play blizz should like retention on their game by legit players.
Reply Quote
This topic had been discussed in depth way long ago. Blue mentioned :

1) It's okay to bind 3 key to one button
2) It's not okay if you loop it to auto run
3) It's okay if you run it manually.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thats resonable. Do you have link?
Reply Quote
Dudes just don;t play CM if you don't have a programmable mouse/kb. It's easy to play Archon.
Reply Quote
I've never seen a blue allowing 1 keypress to activate multiple actions once or in repetition. Seen some posts by blue/green that state ToS doesn't allow macroing more actions than 1 per keystroke.
Reply Quote
Guess I am wrong.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1772567980
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]