Diablo® III

Best skills for WD this patch???

I'm leaning towards using bats more now, havent tested anything.
Reply Quote
That wouldn't have anything to do with the fact it has over 500% damage modifier, bypasses dodge, and is pretty easy to tag players with would it?
Reply Quote
can't tell if you're trolling

horrify - double armor - better than 2 barb armor passives COMBINED
spirit walk - immunity, cc break, resource-free, and either +MS or +14% life?
vessel - 2 lives every minute?
barrage - shoots through walls
dogs - protects you from ranged, tells you opponents location
firebats - protects you from melee, highest dps in game
fortitude - dmg reduction better than any other class
ritual - 2% hp regen like barbs
haunt - impossible to miss, can abuse to shoot through walls

combine the BEST survival skills of every class and dmg skills that require no aim, and you have WD
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 5/8/2013 1:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah seriously lol. I think WD is #2 in terms of killing power though; I rank Monks with Wave of Light and Seven Sided Strike as far more dangerous. However, unlike WD, Monks are very easy to kill and don't have insane mitigation and auto-aim abilities (their good skills are rather short range). If a WD builds defensive (200k hp, or 100k with damage taken from elites -30% or so), then I don't know of any builds that have a solid chance against that except for possibly a Skorn Monk or WotB Barb with some luck.
Edited by Iria#1342 on 5/8/2013 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmmm I don't know, DH is pretty tough with the CONSTANT flashing around. There are also now trillionaires due to the gem/gold duping fiasco...
Reply Quote
can't tell if you're trolling

horrify - double armor - better than 2 barb armor passives COMBINED
spirit walk - immunity, cc break, resource-free, and either +MS or +14% life?
vessel - 2 lives every minute?
barrage - shoots through walls
dogs - protects you from ranged, tells you opponents location
firebats - protects you from melee, highest dps in game
fortitude - dmg reduction better than any other class
ritual - 2% hp regen like barbs
haunt - impossible to miss, can abuse to shoot through walls

combine the BEST survival skills of every class and dmg skills that require no aim, and you have WD

- I don't see how Horrify - FA is better than Barbs defensive skills. Additional 65% mitigation is way stronger than double armor.
- SV is not actual immunity since it can be broken if you do damage equal to 50% of our HP.
- Barrage actually shoots over walls
- Firebats takes 3 seconds to actually get up to it's top damage.
- haunt is actually a lot harder to cast than you think.

But overall WD's have gotten stronger. I used plague bat's on DH's before 1.08 for the same reason I use it now. Has great DOT dmg. Now it is crazy good. Biggest issue is if you don't have good mana regen you are likely to run out of mana from Plague Bat's high initial cost.
Reply Quote
Hail wd
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 05:37 AMPosted by DoooM
Hmmm I don't know, DH is pretty tough with the CONSTANT flashing around. There are also now trillionaires due to the gem/gold duping fiasco...

The trillionaires were banned, one even had over a third of a quadrillion!

- I don't see how Horrify - FA is better than Barbs defensive skills. Additional 65% mitigation is way stronger than double armor.
- SV is not actual immunity since it can be broken if you do damage equal to 50% of our HP.
- Barrage actually shoots over walls
- Firebats takes 3 seconds to actually get up to it's top damage.

But overall WD's have gotten stronger. I used plague bat's on DH's before 1.08 for the same reason I use it now. Has great DOT dmg. Now it is crazy good. Biggest issue is if you don't have good mana regen you are likely to run out of mana from Plague Bat's high initial cost.

- Horrify - Frightening Aspect is better than the Barb's Passives (not Actives)
- Spirit Vessel is actual immunity for a couple seconds.
- Spirit Walk is near immunity if that 50% of your HP is already ridiculous and wastes a LOT of resources to burn through just to make the WD appear a second earlier.
- Haunt is ridiculously easy to aim in comparison to Impale. You target a spot and the spirit hits the nearest thing within 25 yards of that spot. You can even apply it to invisible DH! It goes around corners and bypasses the dodge mechanic, making it OP against DH and Monks who don't get damage reduction from their main stat. Impale, by comparison has roughly a 2-3 yard radius, gets snagged by obstructions (e.g. statues, walls, dogs, etc.) and costs a fairly large amount of hatred. This is especially problematic if the WD takes over 8 impales to kill (since DH will run out of hatred by then) and this also requires all the impales to hit the WD and most of them to critically hit.
Reply Quote
View profile
Iria less qq more testing I promise you you will find more effective builds vs wd than what you're using
Reply Quote
Would you be so kind as to share your insight on that WD destroying build that no one knows about?
Reply Quote

this part pisses me off and shows that d3 has no competitive players left
Reply Quote
Lol @ mystical how does that piss you off? its a game, i said this before and i'll say it again this games skill level is not set high in the end we all click a mouse button, granted a dh maybe be a little harder to play its not super skillful as you make it out to be. Want to be skillful play call of duty black ops where eye and hand coordination matters more.
Edited by Asmodai#1359 on 5/8/2013 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
mystical it is indeed actually possible to block haunt using map positioning. talk to viri that guy is retardedly hard to hit with haunt.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/08/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Iria
Would you be so kind as to share your insight on that WD destroying build that no one knows about?

I will make a detailed post on underused effective builds I have encountered soon.
Reply Quote

I will make a detailed post on underused effective builds I have encountered soon.

no chuck, your aim is just bad lol

hopefully you don't mention any elemental arrow, caltrop or spiketrap builds in your post, cuz that's gonna be funny

maybe you're gonna pull a mannercookie and tell me how chakram is useful in pvp for map control LOL
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 5/8/2013 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
well my aim definitely been !@#$ the last two months as I have been needing to shoot where I think people will be 1 second in the future to compensate for latency. but its still find it way harder to hit that monk than every one else. and I dont even bother to play him with lag. no chance lol. and the crazy thing is he usually attacks from the top position!

and damn so I guess the secret is out about chakram already.. well here you go ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuGT7ubl96A

Oh and at doom. Ya bats was good in pvp before patch and now its crazy vs any one that will stand infront of you and trade.
Edited by ChuckNorris#1885 on 5/8/2013 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MysticaL why you haft to be mad breh
Reply Quote
Iria, you can break SV very fast by searching for the spirit we leave behind and destroying it. You're welcome.
Reply Quote
05/08/2013 11:54 PMPosted by SKORPIQN
MysticaL why you haft to be mad breh

well everything I said so far is the truth, usually the truth sounds offensive

05/09/2013 09:26 AMPosted by DoooM
Iria, you can break SV very fast by searching for the spirit we leave behind and destroying it. You're welcome.

like this, lol, don't you think it takes 2-3 seconds to do what you're suggesting (i.e. the duration of SV?) AND it wastes resources (am I really going to spend 2-3 impales on your ghost? that's ~40-60 hatred).

You're better off just hiding for cover or getting into position instead of being dumb and taking hits while trying to break SV...
Edited by MysticaL#1298 on 5/9/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2013 09:26 AMPosted by DoooM

Not when the WD has like 4x your EHP lol. I beat low EHP WDs but the super tanky ones are near impossible. And that video is stupid chuck lol; you were using Toad of Hugeness and other troll skills? I don't consider that serious lol. Chakram moves way to slow to be any major threat to anyone with the power of sight and the ability to move at least 1 inch per second.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]